South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 06:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - July 19 & 20

Hot and muggy here, Beachies, The two dogs went out for potty, had breakfast and are now lying beside the cool air register. Dogs know how to live!

A relatively quiet weekend ahead. Donna comes to clean today and my tidying is already done. I plan to do The Big Cook when she's through in the kitchen. I want some things on hand for the Pyper visit starting Monday, have Fair cooking to do and need to make something for a post-funeral lunch on Tuesday. Hmmm - that doesn't sound like a quiet weekend but I'll sneak in little islands of peace.

Right now, I'm going to take my second coffee and the weekly newspaper out onto the front porch. (There's no cat convention going on out there lately since I put Bounce sheets in the cushions.)

I hope your weekend is a good one with lots of peaceful places.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:10 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth Sounds like a not so quiet weekend! I hope you have ac in that kitchen.

Hot, stormy and muggy here too. I'm going to try to get out for a walk in the next couple of hours before it gets impossible. We also have air quality warnings, so big incentive not to do too much aerobic stuff during the day

Camping was wonderful! We discovered one of those places we can't believe we haven't been to before. It was beautiful and quiet and absolutely what we were looking for. We are thinking about going back in September because we didn't have much time this week. I did ride my bike on a dirt trail for the first time. 13 miles! We also did a little hiking and some swimming. The pond had a loon family with two chicks so I got to listen to them during the night. I love the sounds of loons.

Weekend looks quiet. I'll be running the dehydrator in the back hall and doing what I can in the heat.

What's on everyone else's agenda?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the heads up on the dehydrator, CyndiM. It does throw off a lot of heat. I may run mine outside if I do zucchini chips today. Yes, my kitchen is definitely air-conditioned - if I can keep Hershey from lying on top of the vent!
I'll save any oven use until after supper just to keep thing bearable during the day.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Ruth, have fun cooking. HHMMMM, where do i find one to do my cleaning?

Cyndi, glad you found a new retreat place, I love finding places as such!

Lets see, busy day today. almost finished with the kitchen, have a few piles of paper to discard, file and pay! They will be here in the den in a few mins! I have to get out there and do the work my son never did, tie the branches into bundles, mow the lawn and mow the neighbors lawn. He was throwing up yesterday, I fear it might of been poisining from the shrimp he ate at Applebee's.

Jade had a huge tuft of hair that was sticking out, when I pulled it, a good two inches thick, she has another but i didn't notice till she was outside, I'll pull it when she comes back in. I'm hoping it's just shedding and not mange. Not sure where'd she get that as she is strickly inside unless out for potty breaks or for a walk with me!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:07 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Oh yeah! I forgot, scale was down to 179.5 today! and bp is down to 122/84 this morning!!!!! that from a wopping 189/109, I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Morning all

Ruth, it sounds like your weekend won't be all that quiet!

Cyndi, the camping trip must have been wonderful- so peaceful.

Loriann, congrats on the weight loss and bp drop- that's awesome!

I don't have much planned for this weekend, but I really have to get into gear with planning for our vacation- we're leaving on Wednesday and I haven't done anything yet...aarggh! Getting 6 people ready for a trip is quite an undertaking (not to mention organizing care for the 2 dogs, guinea pig, 2 gerbils, giant millipede and fish!!).
Anyway, hopefully I'll find some time to be in the pool with my boys and make headway with the housework and laundry (AKA Mt. Washmore).

Enjoy your weekend everyone .
Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OY. Morning girlies! I'm a wee bit pooped today. Gonna be another day of visiting Grandma at the hospital and then tonight a travel presentation. Just stopping in to say hi quickly. Have a good Saturday!

Lisa
Old 07-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Oh yeah! I forgot, scale was down to 179.5 today! and bp is down to 122/84 this morning!!!!! that from a wopping 189/109, I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!

this bears repeating..

woo-hoo nice numbers

morning all

i already took a shower i need another one already

going gaming tonite but no errands today (well i need carrots and romaine)

dogs are sleeping by me
coffee is brewed
might swim this afternoon
Old 07-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #9  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies! Happy Saturday!
Ruth - Sounds like you've got quite the eventful weekend, considering you said it would be lazy. However, I know you enjoy your cooking, so have a nice time with that....even if it does heat the house up.

Cyndi - Glad to hear that you and Julie found a new spot. Don't you just love exploring new places. It always makes me feel so alive. And from the summer squash thread......I so wish that I lived close by as well.....bummer!

Loriann - Congrats on the weighloss and bp! That's fantasitic! Keep up the great work. And it sounds like with all the work you're doing outside today, that shouldn't be a problem.

Lulu - That's quite the zoo you've got over there. Good luck trying to get everything in order before your vacation.

Weezle - Glad to hear your grandmother is continuing to do well. Good luck on your presentation tonight.

Nessa - Have a peaceful Saturday.

Me - Early morning at the USO, and there's a good dozen soldiers and family members sleeping right now, so in an hour or so it's going to get hoppin'! After USO today, we're taking the dogs to the Vet for shots and to get their nails clipped. They won't be excited....they're not a fan of the vet and shots AND nails might make them very cranky pups. I then have to go pick up stuff for a co-worker's baby shower that's next weekend. And then tonight we're off to our standing poker night, which is always a blast and there's never a shortage of wine. So I've got a full day ahead.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
ENJOY!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #10  

I'm in pretty good shape for today's party. I got the mowing done last night. I finished the weedwacker this morning, pulled weeds and pulled out some vines growing in the bushes (including some poison ivy). I didn't get it all but enough to where visitors won't brush up against it. I'll know in a few days if I got the oil off of me soon enough.

I have a little cleaning to do in here and then need to pull out extra chairs and tables. Brian will be with his dad this afternoon when I get the last of the food and at least 40 pounds of ice. I have 35 people confirmed but 10 families I haven't heard from so it could be a lot larger. I modified my strawberry pie and turned it into a sugarfree strawberry banana pie (crustless) so I'll see how that variation is. I still couldn't find wax beans so my 3 beans salad has green beans, kidney beans and garbonzo beans. I wish I had time to make deviled eggs but I need to remember that everyone else is bringing sides and desserts so I shouldn't try to do too much.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning.

Sitting here with a cup of Lemon Zinger tea making a library list.

Meeting up with the extended family for coffee at 11, then going to lunch. Probably Greek/Lebanese food.

Afterwards, going to the grocery store to pick up stuff for homemade salsa and bruschetta. I signed up to take some snacks over to SIL's house for tonight...she is hosting some PPV fights. I picked salsa and DH picked bruschetta....should be an interesting combination of snacks.

I've already showered...so I think I'm going to try and sneak a nap before we leave....way too late of a night last night. *yawn*

have a great Saturday, ladies.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #12  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon. Sounds like everyone is up and getting their day started. I'm settling in to write. I spent the morning cleaning.

Loriann congrats on the numbers!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon! I just realized that I never posted in here this morning!

Bel Mer, now that you have your cleaning done, I hope you can play the rest of the weekend!

Zeffryn, I hope you have a nice visit at your SIL's this evening. I read what happened to you and little Calvin yesterday, what a horrendous experience! It's such a shame that there are still people like that in today's world. Thankfully, there are more good people than bad. I think you did the right thing by just leaving the store, though.

Barb, I hope the party is a huge success and everyone has a blast! Wish Brian a very happy, but belated, birthday from me!

Heather, it sounds as if you have a very full ahead of you! Are you getting your new car this weekend, too?

Nessa, have fun and good luck gaming tonight!

Weezle, your grandmother has been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is going well. Take care of yourself, too.

Lulu, you must be getting excited, thinking about your vacation! I just finished my two weeks, but I wish it was starting all over again. Where are you going?

Loriann, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! You've worked hard for this victory, doesn't it feel great?

Cyndi, I'm glad you had a great camping trip! And, yes, thanks for the heads up concerning the dehydrator. I'll have to keep that in mind when I use mine, which hopefully will be tomorrow. I'm eager to try the zucchini chips, and I want to dry some blueberries now, while they're still in season and at a good price.

Ruth, I hope you are enjoying a peaceful day today before your houseguests arrive for the week!

I just finished putting some vegetables, steak and shrimp in marinades for kabobs for this evening's supper. Monica, Caitlyn, and Carley are coming out to spend the day and swim this afternoon, and I think Caite's boyfriend is coming, too. We picked up some fresh corn at an Amish farmstand, so we're having that, too, and I made a peach/blueberry cobbler and SF strawberry yogurt pie for dessert. Her boyfriend can do some serious eating, so I want to make sure I have plenty of food around for him.
It's pretty close to 100* outside right now, I'm surprised the water in the pool isn't boiling!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello, spent the morning playing softball with families from our old church, had a wonderful time me and the kids. Off to go school shopping with my 2dd have a wonderful afternoon ladies
Old 07-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi chicas! have been MIA for a while as i didn't have internet access after the move and i have been lurking around because i haven't been on plan for close to 3 weeks now. just feel weak-willed and ashamed
hope to scramble back atop that wagon soon, tho!
enjoy your respective weekends and see you 'round
Closed Thread