Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #1  
active kids, active mom

Default "Nothing tastes as good...

...as being thin feels!"

Honestly, I have had my doubts about this little tidbit of wisdom -- mostly while dreaming of or indulging in a little Ben and Jerry's. Seriously, I would think, being thin could not taste better than this Phish Food.

I am here to apologize for even thinking that!

Today, not yet close to my goal (but MUCH closer), on the advice of my 4 year old -- who asked me, "Mamma...why don't you wear dresses like other grown-ups?" -- I went dress shopping. I have not worn a dress in a long time. Why? Because I looked like a walking tent in them.

Today, not only did I buy 3 dresses, but I bought them at non-plus sized clothing stores -- all in size XL -- and they don't look at all tent-like.

I COULD NOT STOP SMILING!!!!! I still cannot stop smiling. I came right home and put one on to wear while folding laundry.

Still smiling now as I eat my low-fat yogurt with strawberries INSTEAD of Ben and Jerry's.

If you haven't gotten to the point of believing it yet, BELIEVE IT! This former skeptic shouts from the rooftops: NOTHING TASTES AS GOD AS BEING THIN FEELS! (And I still have a ways to go to goal so it is even true in the middle of the process).

Thanks for all the inspiration this place offers!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

A couple mornings a week for breakfast I have 2% Greek yogurt with blueberries, 1/2 a banana, and granola. No sugar or sweetener added. Every time, I think, wow, this is no compromise, this is soooo good. I would crave it if it got declared bad for me. Phish Food, Shmish Food
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Congrats on those dresses and thanks for the reminder! I feel that way too and I didn't used to. Phish Food was also a fun escape for me, but I couldn't escape how horrible I felt after finishing an entire container and then hiding it under other things in the trash. That's no way to live! Now, I also love Fage 0% greek style yogurt w/ 1 splenda and some strawberries...a little taste of heaven!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Today, not only did I buy 3 dresses, but I bought them at non-plus sized clothing stores -- all in size XL -- and they don't look at all tent-like.

I COULD NOT STOP SMILING!!!!!
Whoo hoooo!!!!!

Prior to this year I hadn't worn a dress or skirts for probably 8 or 9 years. This spring I bought my first set of dresses and skirts and now I find myself wearing them all the time. Today I put on a cute little orange flowered skirt and a brown tshirt .. w/out even thinking about it. It's my default "casual friday" outfit now.

So I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's awesome, isn't it???

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Photo, sounds adorable.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #6  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I can relate! I went from wearing size 3x-4x to shopping in regular sizes (L-XL) and I love trying on a new, smaller pair of jeans and finding they fit! I am not at my goal yet either -- for my Facebook profile, I wrote "I am a work in progress" in the "About Me" section -- and I changed the quote a bit: "Nothing tastes as good as getting thin feels!"
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:21 AM   #7  
active kids, active mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookpik View Post
for my Facebook profile, I wrote "I am a work in progress" in the "About Me" section -- and I changed the quote a bit: "Nothing tastes as good as getting thin feels!"
That is awesome! I love it. Thanks!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/240/140

Height: 5'2"

just reading your post encourages me to keep on going. I still have skirts and dresses from high school that i used to wear with no prob, and you have inspired the dress again. I cant wait to be able to wear a dress and not feel the tent feeling. Thanks. And keep SMILING!
PenChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/251/165

Height: 5'6

Congratulations! I can't wait to buy dresses. I love SOO many dresses @ VictoriaSecret's website, but of course right now, I'd never fit them... Even the size L - XL I wouldn't fit. I hate wearing dresses, but when I lose more weight, I'm sure that'll change!

I'm so happy for you.
albertagirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! I really doubted that saying too, until I could fit into a size 16 skirt the last time I went shopping. I thought the very same thing, nothing tastes as good as it feels to fit into this skirt!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:46 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations

When I lost weight and was in the upper 200s, I had bought myself quite a few skirts and I enjoyed wearing them but then I lost weight and didn't replace them. A few months back, I bought a couple dresses but only wore one once. I wore one the other day and it felt nice.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #12  
No description available.

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful experience!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote