Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default MRC - Take 23

Hope its okay with everyone, thought I would start a new thread since the old one has gotten so long. Have a great OP day!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #2  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

What menu can u have coffee?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #3  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
You can have decaf--is that what you are asking?

thelish
Thanks for starting a new thread!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #4  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
BTW who has some quick and easy ideas for breakfast, maybe things I can make ahead of time and then heat in the morning. I'm not a morning person and have a long commute so cooking in the morning (except weekends) is a no-go. I think I will die if I eat anymore cheese
tehlish - I've had to be very creative with breakfast since I can only have eggs 2-3 times a week (high cholestrol). I only have them about 2 -3 times per month though! I'll have cottage cheese and melba toast or cinnamon toast. Sometimes I mix pinneapple supplement in with the cottage cheese - almost like a jello dessert. Quick and easy! But my favorite, now that it's hot, is smoothies. The cookbook is filled with them (let me know if you don't have it), but I get creative with extracts and invent my own. I love to throw a couple teaspoons of decafe coffee granuals in there to make it feel like a latte. The cottage cheese added to any smoothy recipe gives it a really creamy & rich texture. Plus it's easy to drink while I'm getting ready. Don't forget to grab toast or melba. I keep thinking it's a meal replacement drink and leave out my much loved startch.

Well, I sucked it up and weighed in today. I knew it would be bad. I didn't have good choices at the wedding, had a little slip on Monday night and a little slip last night. I won't go into my slips (sometimes reading about the food makes me want to eat it so I don't want to cause anyone else to stumble). Let's just say, last night I missed an exit and choose to go past one more exit before my U turn. Grr! I could blame it on TOM and the fact that I weighed in after my workout this morning instead of before, but I know it's my own fault. So I'm going to take the hit and adjust my ticker up the 4 lbs. On the bright side for those who struggle to be perfect, just know that I'm not. It has taken me a lot longer to get here, but I'm still arriving to the finish line. Donuts always told me it's not the mistake that's important, but how quickly you recover. So, strive for staying 100% OP, but when you trip (and know that it will take you 3 days to get back into fat burning mode), just get up and get back OP. I took today off, so I have a lot of time to reflect on what I'm doing. I have to honestly say my trip was more about keeping me from reaching my goal than will power. I desperately wanted to get to stabilization by my 43rd birthday on Sunday. So now I have to do a little refresher on the emotional side of eating, because after 10 months - I certainly know how to do the plan! I am still such a work in progress!!

There have been some great success and postive chatter on here the last couple of days. Keep up the great work everyone!!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #5  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
tehlish - I've had to be very creative with breakfast since I can only have eggs 2-3 times a week (high cholestrol). I only have them about 2 -3 times per month though! I'll have cottage cheese and melba toast or cinnamon toast. Sometimes I mix pinneapple supplement in with the cottage cheese - almost like a jello dessert. Quick and easy! But my favorite, now that it's hot, is smoothies. The cookbook is filled with them (let me know if you don't have it), but I get creative with extracts and invent my own. I love to throw a couple teaspoons of decafe coffee granuals in there to make it feel like a latte. The cottage cheese added to any smoothy recipe gives it a really creamy & rich texture. Plus it's easy to drink while I'm getting ready. Don't forget to grab toast or melba. I keep thinking it's a meal replacement drink and leave out my much loved startch.

Well, I sucked it up and weighed in today. I knew it would be bad. I didn't have good choices at the wedding, had a little slip on Monday night and a little slip last night. I won't go into my slips (sometimes reading about the food makes me want to eat it so I don't want to cause anyone else to stumble). Let's just say, last night I missed an exit and choose to go past one more exit before my U turn. Grr! I could blame it on TOM and the fact that I weighed in after my workout this morning instead of before, but I know it's my own fault. So I'm going to take the hit and adjust my ticker up the 4 lbs. On the bright side for those who struggle to be perfect, just know that I'm not. It has taken me a lot longer to get here, but I'm still arriving to the finish line. Donuts always told me it's not the mistake that's important, but how quickly you recover. So, strive for staying 100% OP, but when you trip (and know that it will take you 3 days to get back into fat burning mode), just get up and get back OP. I took today off, so I have a lot of time to reflect on what I'm doing. I have to honestly say my trip was more about keeping me from reaching my goal than will power. I desperately wanted to get to stabilization by my 43rd birthday on Sunday. So now I have to do a little refresher on the emotional side of eating, because after 10 months - I certainly know how to do the plan! I am still such a work in progress!!

There have been some great success and postive chatter on here the last couple of days. Keep up the great work everyone!!
This makes me feel so much better to know it is ok not to be perfect cuz I want that bad food and I want it bad. This is my 4th day and it like it has been 4-ever. I feel bad thinking about food that I don't really want but then I do want it wow how funny you mind can be. Thanks you so much for sharing your story it has made me feel better about myself!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #6  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
decaf only, but all menus.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #7  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Gina, don't beat yourself up..
It sounds like you got up, brushed off, and are headed in the right direction.
I am sure the 4 pounds is mostly water, so, hop in the saddle, and it will fly off.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #8  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Reposting from Take 22...

Quote:
Originally Posted by betcoleen View Post
If I am doing the program on my own due to the center not allowing me because of medications. Totally understandable. When would you weigh? What time of day and how often?
I weigh myself at home first thing in the morning - no clothes on. That way what I've had to eat and/or drink during the day isn't affecting my weight. Personally I weigh myself almost every day. It helps me know what's affecting my weight (it's how I realized Motrin makes me retain water.) Actually, the best advice I've ever seen said to weigh daily, keep a record of it and average it weekly. Lets you (1) see how things affect your weight and (2) see how you're doing overall.

Now, to do it the MRC way, you'd weigh once or twice a week (just pick your days). They like us to come in twice a week, but I rarely made it in to the center more than once a week.

Bottom line - do what works best for you.

Last edited by Meemo; 07-16-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #9  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
You can always have coffee - as long as it's decaf.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default turkey bacon

Someone-sorry, forgot who it was, mentioned Jennie-O turkey bacon and said it was ok'd by the counselors. Is that a twice a week meat? Does anyone know?
Thanks!

Last edited by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40; 07-16-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #11  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

I have the turkey bacon 2 slices with toast 3 x a week. It might not be perfect, a little elevated sodium but doesn't seem to bother me because I drink so much water, like 128 oz a day

Serving 1 slice
Calories 20
Total Fat .5
Chol 10mg
Sodium 140mg
Carb 0
Protein 3g
Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #12  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

I would like to hear what you all have to say about inches lost. For instance, I weighed in yesterday. She measured me and stated that I had lost a total of 37.75 inches and a total of 17 lbs, it was her way of making me feel more motivated and positive about a slow moving scale to do the measurements. But how can that be and still have my clothes fit me just fine, yes they fit better but they are by no means falling off of me or bagging for that matter. My rings are falling off and my shoes are loose but they don't measure my hands and feet.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #13  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

It's been a long, busy summer. I just wanted to stop in and say Hi and congratulate everyone on their losses! I tried reading the other thread, but man that thing is long! Welcome to everyone starting out that I haven't met. It is truly a great program and you will lose if you stick to it.

My losses have been slower than I like lately, but at least it's still coming down. I have lost 62 inches also, so that's pretty cool. My contract is up around the 2nd week of August and I don't plan to resign, so I have to step it up some. I've added weights back in and hope it won't stall me.

Have a great week and keep the losses coming.

Jennifer
Old 07-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #14  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Hi Everyone!

It's been a long, busy summer. I just wanted to stop in and say Hi and congratulate everyone on their losses! I tried reading the other thread, but man that thing is long! Welcome to everyone starting out that I haven't met. It is truly a great program and you will lose if you stick to it.

My losses have been slower than I like lately, but at least it's still coming down. I have lost 62 inches also, so that's pretty cool. My contract is up around the 2nd week of August and I don't plan to resign, so I have to step it up some. I've added weights back in and hope it won't stall me.

Have a great week and keep the losses coming.

Jennifer
Way to go, you only have 7 pounds until your goal..I am sure you will get there by mid august, plus once you are on stabilizaton, you will lose a bit more also.
Keep it up!
Glad to see you back.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #15  
here we go again

Turkey bacon is not on the program because it does not have the protein you need for the chemical balance. If your weight loss is slowing down that may be the cause. The protein balances out the carbs sugars and fats! I hope this helps!!
Closed Thread