Old 07-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Wed. July 16th

Hey ladies...

Hope I got the date right...

Today I am watching my gf's girls so she can go on an interview for a teaching position. They will play with my kiddos, probably go on the slip-n-slide again today. My kids love that thing. I'm half tempted to go on it myself, but most likely I would hurt something & not be able to walk for three days...

Other than that, just need to get to the food store sometime today...running out of everything.

Okay, hope everyone has a good day...gotta hop in the shower before the kids arrive. Talk later chicas!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Pam, what kind of teaching position? Did I know you were a teacher??

Hey everyone, I'm going to try and not be anal about it, because there's no reason to, but you can post your replies to the previous day's thread on the new day! That way everyone makes it here, and the older thread isn't sitting around too long. Does that make sense? Am I being too OCD about it? Just take me down a notch if I am.

Now, I'm off to read and take notes and hopefully get back here to reply, because there's a lot of posts from yesterday.

Oh, Yana!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good morning all! We packed up for our camping weekend last night...most of it is already in the car as my husband is anal about his schedule, the way things fit etc... I worked my butt off getting it all ready yesterday. I did the elliptical last night and it felt pretty good. I now need to get my workout in for the day. I posted a bio on the bio thread...It was interesting to read up on some of you that have posted.

Sunshine- I noticed that in your bio you know a lot about tattoos. I have two on my upper thigh and want to get another one. My question is...my kids had their footprints done at the hospital. Is there a way to transfer or copy those so I can get their footprints done as a tattoo? I want something for them and I thought that might be the most personal...

I hope you guys have a great day. I will check in later! -Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/209/145

Height: 5'3"

Talking gas grill assembly

Good Morning everyone,

I hope it's ok for me to join the daily chat thread. I went out yesterday and bought my new gas grill at Target. The guy that helped me said something about minimal assembly. Yeah right! There are something like 14 steps in the instruction manual- I know what my afternoon is going to be like! Does anyone else remember the old Bewitched shows? Remember how Samantha would just wiggle her nose and the job would be done? This is a frequent fantasy of mine- assemble grill- tinkle, tinkle, tink- job done! Clean house- tinkle, tinkle, tink- you get the picture. Sigh.............

Wish me luck- I'm pretty handy most of the time so hopefully the finished product will not blow up my deck (and house).

Have a great day!

Alicia
juilliard93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #5  
LBH

Alicia, of course it's OK! This is where we do all our chatting anyway! LOL on the grill! Yes, wiggling your nose would be great. Wish I could do that with my house!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Oh, Oh, Oh, add me to the Wanting to wiggle your nose and get everything done Dreamer.

Mornin' all. going to the gym in a bit, but w/o dh. He is helping his older bro move. So he'll go later on in the day. I want to get it done now, and not when it is extremely Hot out.

Hoping to do the elliptical again today... fingers crossed I can add a few more minutes on it before I fall off and melt into a puddle.

Well I need to get ready... chat with you all later...

Last edited by PearFreak; 07-16-2008 at 10:33 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #7  
KAR

Morning All,
Welcome Alicia and Yana! This is a great group of people to chat with! Glad you joined us!
Well I went to my weigh in last night and stayed the same. I guess I should be happy about not gaining weight during that TOM. But it is a little discouraging because I watched what I ate and worked out every day so I wouldn't gain weight and would have a loss. Oh well, guess I will just have to try a little harder this coming week!
GG, glad you had a nice day at work yesterday. Hope you were able to get to the gym again this morning. Enjoy your day!
Pam, sounds like you have another busy day on tap. I had to laugh about trying out the slip and slide. I would probably be in the same boat as you. Hope you enjoy your visit with your gf's girls today. What kind of teaching job is she applying for? I wish her Good Luck!
Lauren, you crack me up! Your post was fine. It made a lot of sense. So don't worry about it! Enjoy your day at work!
Trish, sounds like you have been super busy here again this week. I know the feeling about no one in the family knowing how to do something. In my family it is taking out the trash. I seem to be the only one who can get the trash bag out of the kitchen garage can when it seems full and starts to over flow. But I make my dh take the big can to the road on trash night. I enjoy mowing the lawn, but like you the allergies kick in afterwards. Plus my knees hurt a little bit because part of the yard is sloped like.
Erin, so when do you leave for camping? Where are you going to camp at? Had to laugh about already being packed and loaded. Wish my dh was more of a planner. But no, I think he likes flying by the seat of his pants most of the time. I hope you get your workout in for the day. Mine will be mowing the yard once the grass drys.
Toni, had to laugh about your comment about mowing the lawn. Usually I am just too tired and worn out to even think about sex after mowing. Maybe that would explain about my dh though. LOL So how did the picture go yesterday?
Hi to everyone else. Need to go clean up the breakfast dishes. We went to the fair last night to see my nephew run in the demolation derby. We didn't get home until late. So I slept in this morning until 9:45. My stepsons spent the night. So we have a few extra dishes this morning.
Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #8  

hola ladies!

been mia! my family was here from arizona last week and they are leaving this morning...loved having them here...im exhausted...back to work i go today.

welcome to all the newbies....you'll love it here!

pam: GO DOWN THE SLIP AND SLIDE that sounds like fun....and have someone take a pic!...have a great day today

lauren: how are the meds?...are you feeling ok?

erin: where are you all going camping?...sounds like fun!

alicia: jump right in any time!....im with you on the fantasy...wish we could bottle it up....id pay a fortune to have it!..good luck getting the grill together...its just a like a man to say...easy to assemble, minimum steps!

pear: good luck on the eliptical!...you can do it...pretty soon the amount of time you do will be way up there...have a great time at the gym

ok all gotta go to work...im afraid to go cause i know its pilled...havent been since thursday and this month we have a record number of babies due...sooooo, im sure ill be going in this weekend...lucky me!

have a great one!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #9  

kerry: we were posting at the same time!..dont worry about the weigh in...keep doing great this week and it will show next weigh in!...congrats on not gaining during tom...i would think since that happened you probably lost!...chin up and smile...be proud!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:52 AM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Lauren, I have to agree, the post were getting confusing, lol.

Pam, you still doing the belly dancing?

Erin, I read over your BIO, didn't realize your baby was only 4 months. Have fun on your camping trip!

Alicia, my name is Alicia too, I am originally from VA...too funny. Oh yes it would be nice to wiggle the nose and get some stuff done around the house. Then I would really be lazy though.

PearFreak, hope you have a good workout today.

I have alot of stuff I want to get done, I made myself a list, its 3(small pages) ugh. I've been thinking about hiring someone to do stuff around the house. DD spent the night with a friend so I don't know how much I'll get done with DS. He's a homebody and he doesnt like to go out and run errands. I usually have to bribe him, lol.

Okay all, hope everyone has a good one! I'll check back later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Christinia and kerry, we were all posting at the same time. Hope you have a great day!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #12  
LBH

Christina, I forget, are you a nurse, or do you work in the office? Have fun with all those babies! The jury is still out on the meds. I've been taking Adderall 15 mg. for 2 days and I don't think it's doing much more than the 10 mg...which wasn't doing anything either. I think I have slightly more energy or something, but I don't feel like it's helping me focus. My house is still a mess, so is my cubicle.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #13  
KAR

Dropping in for a quick hi. I started mowing the lawn again. I was out there for 40 minutes until I ran out of gas. So that was a good enough excuse to come in and cool off. Plus get something to drink. I am hoping that I only have about another 45 minutes to 60 minutes out there to finish. But atleast I am getting in a good sweaty workout.
Christina, sounds like you had fun with your family. Hope the work isn't too piled up when you go into work today. Hope you don't have to go in on the weekend. That would stink! Have a great day!
Alicia, hope you are able to get your list done with your ds. Have a great day!
Lauren, don't worry my house looks like a mess right now too. I think I will be working on laundry and cleaning house tomorrow.
Hi to everyone else. My break time is up. Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Morning, everyone!

Everyone seems to be doing well today. Good deal!

Alright, i need a kick in the pants: it's one of my full lunches this week (i take half-lunches the rest of the days, to make up for the "summer hours" we have here at work), and i reeeeeeeally don't feel like going to the gym. But i should. But i don't wanna. *pouting, whining, etc*

Oh, and Pear or Polly (i can't remember which): i totally know what you mean about being excited about getting your 3FC signature - i'm waiting for it with an anticipation i never thought i'd have for a little ticker. Heh.
knitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #15  

alicia: hey you!...ive missed you...between my busy schedule and your busy working schedule i havent seen you (well read how you were doing)...hope all is well...great job with the list...i am a personal believer that if you have a list the things get done...writing the list is an issue for me

lauren: ha ha...well keep working with the meds...you'll find something...and when you do your house will be spotless and your cubicle will be too!...are you losing weight more rapidly since you started all this?...i thought i heard these meds tend to make you lose weight....also, if that is true what happens if you stop taking the meds...do you gain it back or can you keep it off with good diet .... just wondering you may not know...i am not a nurse...however, if i am the closest one around and they need help with a birth i will assist..its cool...i actually am the administrator...under the owner and above the nursing and front office managers...but i also do the billing...so im a busy gal....

have a great one!