General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:51 AM   #1  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Default scared about court

This morning is my friend of the court appointment at the court. I'm really nervous, my stomach is knotted up and I didn't sleep well last night. I guess it's more because I don't know what to expect. It seems everything is in my favor, and my ex hasn't even called the kids since March (only talked to the youngest then, hasn't talked to my oldest since November), and hasn't seen them since December '06 (he lives in Washington, was working out of country... But he still wouldn't bother even if he was in country), so I don't really expect him to make an appearance to this.

But still, I can't help but be super nervous.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #2  

Good luck -- good vibes coming your way. I hope whatever is in the kid's best interest turns out today!! Let us know -- waiting for a positive report
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

fingers crossed for you!
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Our prayers are with you!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #5  

The best of luck to you!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Lots of hugs to you!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #7  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Well, it went well. He didn't come. Like I expected. Child support is set and that starts from July 1st. I'll start seeing it whenever the papers all get processed, and they're taking it right from his check it sounds like. They're basing it on his wages now, even though he made a ton this year. He's gotta report any income increase to the court, and it'll be re-adjusted (like if he goes overseas again). We've been physically seperated since December '06, and he'd send a few bucks whenever he felt like it, which was few and far between, so something consistant will be nice. He can't take the kids out of state. Period. If he really wants to see them, he has to come here and re-introduce himself to them. The girls have just turned 6 and 7 this month (actually they're 6 and 6 right now ), and without seeing him for a year and a half, and only hearing from him a handful of times, they probably don't know him much anymore. I had to *schedule* a time for him to call, because "call anytime" is apparantly too vague for him. So, Sunday's at 2, I have to be near my phone with the kids. I really doubt if he'll even call.
Oh, his attorney said to the referee, "He'd like to be able to take them out to Washington after talking to them every Sunday on the phone for a year and after making a trip out to Michigan." The referee kinda chuckled and said he's got a long ways to go before the kids *ever* get on a plane.

I don't mean to air all my dirty laundry, but I feel better about things if I get a chance to talk about them. I think today went well.

Thank you everyone.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

We all have "dirty laundry" Don't worrry! Glad it went your way!
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #9  

Glad it worked out for you.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote