Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #1  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Default Daily Check-In: Support for all diets

Hi everyone,

Are you like me and need to be accountable in some way to some one or the munchies take over and your diet is sabotaged? So here is the daily check-in thread so we're accountable to other chickies. Our hen house is a little empty as there are only a few active posters and we would like you to join us. So how about it? Join us and let's keep each other on track!

Marie

BTW, we all try to post daily but life sometimes make it impossible so don't let the thread name keep you from joining us. We'd really like you to join us!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:30 PM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Today I'm a little off track today. Not horribly but not straight on. But today is not over and I will be good and stay within my limits. Did I log my food??? No, I didn't so I'm going to now so that I stay on track even though I'm swinging dangerously on the side rails of the train.

Judy, I'm glad you posted on your conference. Where in Iowa are you?M sister lives near Ames.

Penny, my thoughts are with you as you prepare for the surgery. Tell your hubby that he's required to post here as to your progress. Show him how and tell him your chickie friends will be worried.

Carol, I'm proud of you for jumping on the evil square box. Even though it wasn't friendly, it wasn't as bad as it can be. Me, I'm not that brave. I made a deal with myself that I will have to weigh on my birthday (quick way to ruin it) if I stray off track between now and August 3rd (BD). Since I don't want to dust off the scale, I will make sure I stay on track.

Marie
Old 07-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm in. I haven't even managed to check out this whole site yet, and I usually just look at the new posts, so I haven't really settled in anywhere. So, hello all!

I'm on WW Flex, and I made it through the weekend without going overboard, so "yay!"

Looking forward to getting to know you all...
Old 07-14-2008, 06:49 AM   #4  

Welcome Auntie g and hello Marie. Thanks so much for listing the site so well and I easily found it by just clicking and not losing time.
Today, I am starting my logging carefully daily, increasing my exercise and going to get rid of the extra lbs. that need to go!!! I will work on 1500 cal. diet with lots of veggies and fresh fruit, grilled foods mostly as theres no pots and pans to clean hah hah!
I strayed away from my scale for awhile guess I proved thats not so smart. So now I am on track and friday a.m. is scale day not to go crazy with an everyday peek. I know the logging also makes a difference so I will pack my little book within my purse for easy logging opportunities. Hope we get some more ladies or gents to join.
Just a little intro. I am a 53 yr. old young gram of 5 lovely gc and have 3 adult children and a hubby. I enjoy being active with kayaking, camping, gardening, knitting in the cold times, cooking and baking, etc. I work with adults with MR and help coordinate their needs, desires and ensure health safety and well being. I have a lot of responsibities at work setting up services and ensuring their running properly, reports, meetings etc. sometimes the stress of it all gets the best of me and I my dietary needs then go over the edge with me. So I am trying to get a grip here and be healthier too!
Look forward to meeting new folks and continuing with everyone else. OFF to work I go!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #5  

I'm off work today, and the weather's kind of icky, so I think I'm going to throw a bunch of good stuff in the crockpot and make the old standard whole wheat pasta today. I measure it all out into single servings in Tupperware and put them in the freezer for an easy dinner week. I love not having to think about "what's for dinner" every day!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #6  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - Thanks for the link to the new thread . It sounds like you're back on track - just hang on to the hand rails! Nice idea about my DH logging on here - but that's not going to happen! In any case, he doesn't know how much I weigh and that would let the cat out of the bag . I'll definitely post as soon as I am able on my laptop, which I'll keep close by.

Welcome Auntie G! I agree that it's a good idea to freeze meals as it's always nice to have something on standby rather than going to the closest fast food place. I know a lot of people who have had success on WW, so keep up the good work!

Carol - 1500 cals sounds do-able, especially as you are having all those extra veggies and fruits which are very filling. I'm starting to log my foods again too as it seems I have more success that way.

Judy - I hope that your conference went well and that your week is off to a good start. That's crazy having your yogurt seized at the airport! Who thinks up these ridiculous rules? It would be nice if they used a little common sense.

I'm on track and I think I'm down a pound but I'll weigh in "officially" again on Wednesday before I change my tracker. I'm getting caught up with everything before my surgery on Thursday. I have a bunch of baking to do for a fund raiser, but I think I'll cut back on the amount I had planned on making. I'm going to prepare some food ahead of time, so my DH doesn't have to get takeout all the time.

Last edited by penpal; 07-14-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #7  

Good morning all! I actually was feeling fat last night maybe it was all the water I drink my overall day wasn't bad one slip up that could of been better. My portions need to get better the food choices not bad. So I went for a walk with little bear my dog around the property which is an acre. We went a few times around and in the evening unless weather isn't permitting we will try that. I did take the stairs instead of the elevator yesterday. See I am thinking a bit more where I could burn a few cals. This afternoon will be hot so swimming sounds inviting with some pool exercises. I boiled up some eggs the other day plopped one on a mini bagel of 120 cals and a little sausage patty leftover from sunday on the lean side. I figure around 325 breakfast within my cals. I down sized my bagel no butter or cc. It was tasty and a good start to my day. Grilled ck br. last night and made extra for my salad and chopped it up with veggies, almonds 10, fresh basil, tomatoe, romaine and one boiled egg cut in. Got to add some fruit for my snack today. I am trying to add a 10:00 a.m. and a 2:00 p.m. into my new way of living not a diet!!! Auntie g sounds like a plan to me! Having a back up meal is a smart move. When I preplan things are much better. Tonight I am making a tomatoe, lettuce and 2 slices of bacon sandwich made on whole grain toast with flax seed and lite mayo a little. We had fresh corn last night oh so good I only had one everyone else more I just drooled. I will also grill some veggies for a side dish for me tonight and have a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Snack will be a frozen pop low in fat. If I keep this up the ugly scale will have to be nice eventually. My water was up there yesterday which is another plus. I think I will put a pitcher of sun tea together before work to go on the deck. I like it with just lemon nice drink treat. Take care and Penny I wouldn' t like my hubby on here either as he doesn't know my numbers either and I truly like it that way in fact just the doc and I know thats bad enough!!! Have super tues. and well and do something good for yourself today!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:23 AM   #8  

Good morning! Well, my veggie pasta last night was delicious, and I'll be having that again tonight. I actually had a nice surprise, too. My 8 year old nephew came over for dinner and I didn't think he'd be too keen on my pasta, what with all the veggies in it. Well, he cleaned his plate quite nicely and then he said that it wasn't like the kind his mom makes. I try to be polite about these things, so I just asked him if he thought it was ok, and he said mine was *much better*! Hee hee! I won't tell my sis, but it did make me feel good!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Ohhh, a lovely new thread--thanks, Marie. And we've already lured a new visitor, too! Welcome, Auntie, I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

I'm desperately behind in every possible thing at the office, so this will be quick. The conference (in Dubuque) went well. I got a grip on my eating, and trudged through the airport with no more than a sad glance toward the caramel corn . My weight's 213 this morning, which is better than I thought it would be under the circumstances. So far, on program and working out.

I will be back at least once before taking off on Thursday morning! Too bad stress doesn't burn calories...

judy
Old 07-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone, sorry I was awol yesterday. Busy, busy time with DGS visiting. sometimes I forget how tiring a 2 1/2 year old is. After he and my DS went home, I took a nap with my doggies. My beloved Blizzard Bear and I snuggled and slept for 1.5 hours. Then Kai Bear and I went to doggie school. She did really great and is so goofy. Afterwards I conned DH into swimming 1/2 mile with me - it was right before bed. I was surprised but he did it. BTW, he had his first flying lesson yesterday - he LOVED it. I guess I got myself a pilot (in training).

Auntie G - you're doing so awesome on your WW plan. Look how much you've lost. And very cool that your nephew loved your vege pasta. Kids are so great. I take it your "auntie g" to him.

Penny, do you really think DH doesn't have a clue of your weight (you too, Carol)? I bet they're smarter than you think. My DH knows as I gloated when I moved below him on the scale. Me-> I hope the surgery goes wonderfully and I love my new box of soaps. Thanks again!!!!!

Carol, I bet your puppy loves the walks around the yard. I have 2.5 acres but most of it's rocks and sage brush so walks are not fun - hence the many times traveled dirt roads. I tried to get up at 5 this morning to walk them but I didn't. Bad me. I will swim tonight and try again tomorrow. I don't have any travel planned for 2.5 weeks so I want to get back into my walking routine. My knee is pretty much heeled and so is Kody's paw. the three doggies would really like me to get back into it. sort of silly I walked every morning with a headlamp thorugh the snow and rain of winter, but in the summer when I could actually see at 5:00, I haven't.

Judy, I'm glad you're back and the yogurt story was retold to several people who just shook their head. I guess those live yogurt cultures are on the danger list.

Again, welcome auntie g - i'm so glad you joined us!!!
Marie
Old 07-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #11  

Good evening! I haven't had a chance to look for your old thread to try to familiarize myself with you all, so I guess I'll just try to pick things up along the way, but thanks for the welcomes!

So far my great powers of deduction are leading me to believe that cckayac is Carol?

Penny, I wouldn't let my husband know my weight either! I currently weigh less than him, but that has not always been the case - groan...

Marie, I am aunt to 9 nieces and nephews, no kids of my own. I took my fake name from a Monkees song - Auntie Grizelda. I thought I was being clever trying to remain anonymous, should my sister find her way onto this site, but since she knows that the Monkees are my all time favorite, I guess my cover would be blown anyway. So, my real name is Sherri. Shhhh, don't tell anyone (lol)!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

Auntie, you're correct in the carol nickname. We've been together a while but really want new people to our thread so we're very glad you joined us. I'm terribly curious about the reason to keep sister in the dark, but I understand keeping one's anonymity. Carol already gave a quick synopsis of her life so here's mine.

I live in southern Oregon where it's currently very smoky from the CA fires (one about 70 miles away). I'm asthmatic and the smoke is making life more difficult. I love to ski, swim and hike. I also bike and rollerblade, but not much this summer so far. (I started the summer with bronchitis, then asthma attacks needing prednisone, injured my knee, then living with smoke so no extra curricular sports). I have a pool so I swim every every evening or mostly every evening. I have three beautiful huskies. Blizzard is 7.5 yo, Kodiak is 6 yo, and Kai is my new baby at 4 months old. I have two adult children and 1 grandson. I work for a school district and am their database manager and webmaster. Not to mention all the other million tasks dumped on me like the network admin's backup. I now work year round (I used to have summers off until too many things were dumped on me and there wasn't a way to get them all done. I miss my summers off). Hmmm, I log my calories in my mobile phone (and sync with the computer) and stay between 1500-1700 cals. I'm obsessive about exercising as I'm bipolar and have successfully gotten off my meds with the use of light therapy in the winter and exercising every day. That exercising is good for my body is a side benefit as it does wonders for my mind.

As I didn't exercise this morning, it's time to go do so now. The smoke is so hevy I'm going to stay inside and not swim. So WATP (Walk away the pounds), here I come. Oh, and food wise, I'm doing really great today. YEAH!!!!
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 07-15-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #13  

Thanks for the bio, Marie. I sure hope the smoke problem goes away soon! I can't imagine having to deal with that. I remember only once having a smoke situation here, and that was from some big fire in Canada!

I guess I don't have a good reason to leave my sister out of this, I've just always been "compartmentalized" - I am generally uncomfortable when 2 worlds collide, so to speak. I am very wrapped up with her kids (and I love it!), but I think I just like to have some little thing of my own. Does that make sense?

So, here's my synopsis: I'm in the suburbs of Philadelphia, I hate the city and practically need to be tranquilized on the few occasions I have to go there - the crazy driving makes me sooooo nervous. I've been married for almost 16 years now, and we have a wonderful canine daughter who will be 12 in August. I have a downhill dead-end job, and am trying desperately to figure out what to do next since that Publisher's Clearing House check refuses to show up (so far!)

My world pretty much revolves around my "puppy" girl, and sis' kids. There are 4 of them, the other 5 (on hubby's side) are all teenagers and live a little farther away.

Oh, how I wish I had my own pool! I go to the public pool, but a lot of times it's too crowded to really swim, so I try to at least get some exercise while I'm there. Mostly I walk around the neighborhoods, but it gets a little monotonous. And I'm really having trouble sticking to a daily routine while it's so hot. Hopefully I'll get on it better in the fall.

A few years ago I lost over 100 lbs on WW, but unfortunately I gained most of it back. So at least I know I can do it, and this time I think I'll be able to keep it off because I've learned some valuable lessons.

Well, I guess this is long enough for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #14  

Aintie g love the idea about the name. Cute! I love monkeys. Anyways sounds like your recipe is a hit want to share it? I am trying to eat healthy seems like even with my logging a little naughty gets in everyday I circle it make a sad face on my sheet and move on. Today I am trying for a whole day with out sad faces. Out for lunch with a client but will try to pick somewhere there is a salad and order dressing on the side. Thanks for sharing your info. and I agree certainly wouldn't want my skinny tooth pick sister I refer to as Barbie as in Barbie doll yeah blond and skinny. She loves to just eat puffed rice for snacks etc. maybe I should eat like her?? Oh well life goes on!
Marie sorry to hear the smoke is over your way. I wasn't thinking about that yuk sorry for all of you and your health issues. I too swam last night and exercised in the pool till I got a cell phone call it was the little guys last Tee ball game. So he really wanted us there. Out of the pool quick 2 min. shower dressed in the car to the game. It was nice he hit 3 times with out the tee. Yeah. But at 6 they are so funny the skuff their feet in the sand on the way to the bases play with the sand while waiting to run pay no attention to who or when the ball is hit its a stitch! Good laughter I tell yah.
Judy wow have you been busy hope things are going better at your job? Its not easy with all the traveling I know think the summer munchies got me. Now I am stamping my feet and saying dang scale. Should be dang choices I made how silly of me thinking I could get away with such things. Good for you walking through without cc the second time around. Be strong I tell myself!
Penny I hope your doing well and enjoying some good weather in the gardens. Wow have I got to thin things out wow!
Off to work which has been pretty busy still waiting to hire Judy my work has been revamping too many higher ups have been jumping ship or being shoved off I am not sure. All I know is it is a bit scary but we are a big company and will survive just got a 3% raise this year that is a good sign as many companies can't even do that. Reorganizing a company isn't easy I guess hopefully they all know whats best I am voting on that one. Lucky to have a job at this point many folks have it tougher than I. But hiring someone for our dept. seems to be harder than we ever had in the past not sure why? That in itself is kind of weird with the times like they are? Oh well gotta fly and try to be good today at least the stairs, not the elevator is working out and exercise is increasing.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #15  
Lifelong Journey Member

Halfway done with the week.

Auntie, I definitely understand keeping areas of my life separate. My home life is not to be mixed with work (unless I have no choice but to work from home but I do that as little as possible). I won't even give my boss my personal cell phone. It's bad enough that they have my home phone, but no leash for me - the cell phone would become a permanent tie.

Carol, I love the sad face concept. It's a good idea. I think really qualified people tend to have jobs and that's why you're having a hard time. The qualified people know that quitting their job for "greener" pastures is not wise in this economy. Seniority has it's perks even if it's not the best job (I'm guessing that's why auntie is still in her downhill job). There's something to be said about safety these days.

I doggie walked this morning. The huskies loved the 1.5 mile hike. My knee let me know it was still not all the way better, but the knee brace kept it in place and all was good. Food so far is good - 310 cals and logged. I did 3 miles WATP yesterday after blogging and I was HOT. The weather people say it's clear and sunny. I know it's sunny but the sky is a gray/blue. The sunsets are amazing though. Looking for some good in the ugliness of the fires.

Well back to work. Penny and Judy, I hope you're both doing great.
Marie
Closed Thread