View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 AM   #43
BlueToBlue
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Default Tuna and Pasta Salad

This is sort of a "found" salad. I had some leftover cooked pasta in the fridge that I needed to find a use for, so I looked around for whatever else I could find in the cupboard/fridge to go with it and came up with this salad. It came out great; really a great blend of flavors.

Tuna and Pasta Salad
  • 1.5 ounces whole wheat or high fiber pasta, cooked (I used Fiber Gourmet's short-cut fettuccine)
  • 1/2 can tuna (packed in water)
  • 7 sundried tomatoes, reconstituted in water and chopped
  • 5 olives (about 25 calories worth), sliced
  • 1 oz red onion, sliced
  • 2 oz celery (2 large stalks or 4 small ones), diced
  • 1 oz light feta, crumbled
  • 1 tbsp vinaigrette dressing (I used TJ's Fat Free Vinaigrette, which is 13 calories per tbsp)

Mix it all up and eat it. This is one serving and it comes in at around 300 calories. (Add about 50 calories if you use regular whole wheat pasta instead of Fiber Gourmet. You may also need to adjust the calories for the dressing you use.)

It would also be good with fennel subbed for the celery. I might try throwing in some chopped spinach, radicchio, or argula next time. And an ounce of avocado might also but good in it (but would add 50 calories).

My Before and After Pics

"Decide what you want; decide what you're willing to exchange for it; establish your priorities, and go to work." --H.L. Hunt

"Life has hills. Set the treadmill at an incline."
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote