Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #1  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Default reaching out for some help :)

hello everyone

im back from Egypt and had a fabulous time but my word did i gain some weight back! sheesh!

i think it was the alcohol and lack of movement (far to hot!) that did it rather than food as i ate quite well

i also discovered that if i eat a bigger breakfast i get less hungry.. which is good!

now then, im struggling to knuckle down even though im feeling pretty awful about myself and my appearance.

ive set tomorrow as my first day to do it completely on plan, im gonna take it one day at a time but so far each time ive bought something i shouldnt, a candy bar, a sausage roll, something which ive then felt AWFUL for eating afterward, the guilt pangs and self loathing have put me in a vile mood and im also getting PMS symptoms right now which dont help.

im also struggling to get my body clock normal again

any tips and ideas, ive read the threads and guess what im looking for is some motivating words, some admissions of kinship... anyone who has felt the same way as i am, this self sabotaging nature i have right now, anyone who can give me some encouragement to add to my own attempts would be wonderful

thanks in advance x
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Hey, I am glad you are back! Hope the trip was lots of fun. What was the most exciting thing you did or saw?

As far as going off plan goes...It's something we can all relate to! Just get right back on plan.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

It's hard to come back from vacation and get back to "real life". I actually just posted somethign on my blog about about needing to get my act together - not from a vacation, but from just regressing into negative ways to deal with stress.

One day at a time is the only way to do it. You know you can - you have in the past. Just concentrate on today, right now. You can deal with tomorrow later. In fact, you can even deal with this evening later. Just here and now .. you can be on plan.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Take a deep breath and move forward. You CAN undo whatever damage you did to your body if you commit to eating healthy from this moment onward. To err is human...
thunderbegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Glad to see you're back! I did the same thing the other weekend, except it wasn't a vacation, just holiday. I bet you're body will lose the weight pretty rapidly that you gained on vacation once you shock it back into remission by eating well again.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Welcome back! I always need to refocus after traveling. You CAN do this!!! Paula, you are strong, you are determined, and you have all the info you need to get right back on track. Write down your plan, and stick to it - record your food intake for the next week. Hold yourself accountable, and those lbs. will start disappearing

Keep us posted on how you are doing! I STILL expecting onederland in your near future
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I travel a lot for business and my new "plan" for when I return exhausted, surrounded by luggage and junk is to have things on hand that are low calorie but somewhat nutritious like frozen meals waiting in the freezer, soups, etc. It's hard to transition from trips to being at home but at least I'm not doing as much damage now eating out or ordering pizza when I'm beat just adjusting back to normal life. I might even just have "block out dates" where I'm not as "perfect" as I wish I could be but I won't bash on myself anymore, those are travel and returning home dates. I keep a journal and I just skipped a week but am now back to the program. I'm finding to get back on track after eating out or drinking too much, I can cut the carbs way back, eat more veggies for a week or two and that seems to do the trick.

Wish I could go to Egypt, I used to travel the world a lot in my 20s. Take the time to put together a nice travel journal, organize your pictures and such, it's not your entire life you can take off like this... so treasure the trip.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Yep, one day at a time... It's likely that you have just gained mostly water weight, too, so just get back in the groove. You've already taken the first step by checking back in here. You can do it!

And btw, Egypt! Wow! How interesting that must have been!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #9  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Paula, I find it hard to automatically get back on plan after I've eaten way off plan. What helps me most is posting (just like you did) and letting the words of 3fc help me over the hump.
You Can Get On Plan. Do Not Beat Yourself UP!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Yep I have some advice...Stop the whining and get back to work! The vacation is over...had a good time...time to get back to work!

If I can go for the last 15 days and have only 4 beers...you can put down that candy bar KIDDO

Get in the MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S 5K and TAKE MY MAGIC 5 POUND LOSS PILL!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:08 AM   #11  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i went off plan at weekend and managed to bang on 4lbs!....
glad the holiday was good, and that you enjoyed it....
its what they are for!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #12  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, Paula, welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your trip, too! I'd been wondering how it was going and if you were having a great time. As far as being off plan, I can tell you I know what you're feeling. Yesterday was my first 'good' day since we got back from our trip and we've been back 3 weeks! I don't drink alcohol, but cola's are my downfall and I got into the habit of ordering those pops with my meals. I agree with auntie g that it's probably mostly water weight, but only you know for sure (I know mine isn't because there were a lot of Big Mac's and pepperoni pizzas on the menu while we were out west!) Just pick a day to stay on plan. I did that yesterday and it went well-no pop or sweets for me, just whole grains, salad, veggies, and very lean chicken and shrimp. I'm going to do my best today, as well, even though today is errand day in town and we will need to eat out so I can accomplish everything.

Best thing I can say is to just have faith in yourself. You can do anything you set your mind to. You're a strong person (I can tell from your previous posts) and if I can stick to my plan as old and fat as I am I know you can do it too! PMS'ing doesn't help, but grab a piece of dark chocolate if you need to feed the craving! Have a great day!

Ronni
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

HI..glad you had a great vacation.I think summer in general is harder to diet. FOr me it seems more get togethers and more quick meals and not cooking as much.
Get your water intake back up to normal today!! It will help you feel full and also flush out some of the bad stuff in your body.
good luck
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:33 AM   #14  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Egypt! Wow! I have always dreamed of seeing Egypt. It must have been incredible. *Is envious. *

You are probably suffering from some jet lag and have a dietary hangover. And trying to get back on track after a vacation can really be a bear. Just decide to get on plan for one meal, at a time. You can stay on track one meal at a time. Drink lots and lots of water to flush salt and water weight. Maybe get some exercise... A nice walk or whatever you like to do. Get lots of sleep to kill the jet lag. You can't eat while you are sleeping. Just take it a meal at a time, a day at a time and you will soon be back to your good habits.

Any chance of some pictures, after you get settled back in and your pictures uploaded and organized?
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #15  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

definately pictures soon promise! although i went to the red sea (south sinia) area of egypt, i could see saudi arabia from the beach on clear days no where near the pyramids but the marine life was out of this world!!!

thanks for all the encouragement guys, i needed it, this is day two on plan, im feeling good, and TOM arrived today i expect a weight loss in next couple of days, if i can just see that first loss showing on scales i will be hugely motivated.

Gary: YES SIR! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE SIR! (sheesh!)
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote