Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability/menu/planning, etc. - week of July 14 - 20

This thread is a place to post your daily plan. Need some accountability, extra support or whatever. Join us.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #2  

Hi chicks...I stayed in my range yesterday. I am grateful.

the usual...

meditation
stretches
water
log food
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, crackers, green beans
snack - yogurt, watermelon
dinner - 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, boca bacon
snack - oatmeal, raisin, milk

Math - glad to hear your kitty is better! Well...the muffin is over. Everyday is new beginning, friend.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-14-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #3  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

I have not been here for a week, I think. Things have been hectic. I went to Baby Tyler James funeral last Tuesday, was the saddest thing I have ever seen, then the next day went to the funeral of one of my customers, a sweet little old lady who only spoke French, we loved her! I was supposed to go to another funeral Saturday, but Celest who works for my decided to trim the end of her finer instead of the bushes, so I had to work. The "funeral" saturday was actually a memorial Mass because the young man was lost at sea, so sad for his mother and family, he leaves behind 3 children under the age of 6. Anywas trying to get back on my plan. Here is my menu for today:

9am and 2pm:
oatmeal
raisins or banana
milk

7-8pm
left over chinese(only what will fit on a salad size plate)
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Boy did that weekend go fast!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Keep up the good work!

CatholicCajun--Wow, I cannot even imagine how much sadness you have had to deal with lately.

I am doing well. Back to the gym today! Lucky for me the weather is cooperating--it's a bit cooler, so that will help!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, all. I haven't been around much for a week now because of houseguests. I've gained back a pound and a half from all the cooking and meals out, but now that everyone is gone I hope to get back on track.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning chicas!
Okay, in the interest of accountability, I have to admit to falling off the wagon in a big way last night. I guess I was bummed out that I didn't show a loss on Saturday, when I felt like I was really due for one, since I was very on-plan all last week and for most of June, without much to show for it. And the pre-TOM week hit with a vengeance. One thing new I started doing was tracking my food, so when I had to write down everything I ate last night, it was embarassing that the list was so long!
So I am resolved to having a completely clean week with lots of exercise, and I am back on scale strike for a while, since I obviously can't handle it emotionally.

Here is the plan for today:
B: 2-egg onion, green pepper, and Parmesan omelet, coffee with milk
L: Baja fish tacos leftover, V8
S: refried beans with salsa, latte
D: lasagne stuffed zucchinni
S: strawberry smoothie

Great job mj and Beverly! Wish I could say the same!
Hi CC, that's a lot of funerals in a week, how depressing. Hope you and I are back on plan today.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #7  
started 1/28/08

Hi all!

As I’m sure is obvious from my lack of posting over the past two weeks, I once again lost focus on my health plan. Although I remained conscious of what I was eating and tried to make reasonable choices, I didn’t journal my foods, I ate a lot more snacky, processed foods than I should have and I didn’t make the time for exercise. I did my regular Sunday weigh-in yesterday, and I’m up to 284 . . . I can’t say I don’t deserve the gain, and I’m just grateful it isn’t worse. I’m back on plan as of yesterday. I did my 5-mile walk and journaled my food . . . calorie deficit only -562, but I’m going to make my goal of -1,000 today!

I really need to get a handle on controlling my eating and making time for exercise when I’m traveling, since I’m leaving on Wednesday for two-plus weeks in Vegas. I’ll be playing bridge part of the time and spending some time with my brother who lives there, helping him look into residential options for my father. My friend and I will be staying at a condo rental for most of the time, with a few days at my brother’s place at the beginning and end. Here’s my plan for dealing with this trip.

** I’m going to exercise 5 mornings per week, BEFORE anything else I have planned for the day. I expect it’ll be too hot to walk unless I get started really early, but the condo rental has an exercise room, so I’ll just have to get back on the elliptical.

** I’m going to journal my food as best I can, even if I don’t know the exact values for most restaurant food. I’m going to try to choose plainer & lighter options to make this easier.

** I’m not going to eat any pre-dinner bread in restaurants and I’m going to limit beer or wine with dinner to a single glass.

** I’m going to keep up with reading and posting, at least every other day . . . for me, there is no better way to stay motivated.

Schmoodle -- At least your fall only lasted one day, and your plan for today sounds great.

Darkblue -- I have the same problem when my regular routine is disrupted -- here's to both of us getting back on track this week.

Bev and mj -- glad to hear you're on plan and doing well!

CatholicCajun -- sorry to hear about your tough week.

OK, that’s it for now . . . I’m off to the park to get my walk in. Have a great on-plan day, everyone.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #8  

Hi chickies....yesterday went well until after supper and I then ate too much. But, I will not give up!! Today I am going to refocus - write down calories, fats, proteins and carbs. I need to see it ...and be accountable to myself. Maybe this will get me back to more consistant sanity with food. This a few days of healthy eating and then a few days of overeating doesn't feel good to me.

Today:

meditation
water
stretches
log food and nutritional values
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, pear
lunch - ff cottage cheese, sweet potato, green beans
snack - yogurt, watermelon
dinner - applebee's with friends
snack - oatmeal, raisins, skim milk

Merksie - good to see you. You have a good plan! I think it's essential to have a plan when we've got events coming up - good for you.

Schmoodle - darn that scale!! Isn't it something how we can feel so good about our eating but - if the scale doesn't show it - we get all bummed. I have done the exact same thing. Everyday is a new beginning. Carry on, friend.

DarkBlue - Hi! It's nice when company goes and you can get back to your routine.

MJ - hope you had a good workout at the gym. Good for you!

Catholic Cajun - I am sorry you've had such sadness lately.

Have a great day folks!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-15-2008 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #9  
mj5

Good Morning! I am SO ready to for my vacation....just two more weeks of work. Don't know what we are doing yet, probably not much, but that is ok w/ me!!!! I just need a break!

Merksie--Welcome back!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you! Being accountable to ourselves is what really matters.

Math Puppy--How are you doing?

So far, so good today--already ate some breakfast and have started drinking water! I will go to the gym today too. During my break I am going to head to the Farmers Market to see what yummy things I can find there!

Have a great op day!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Last week was my first on-plan week in quite a while. I even stayed on-plan through my extended weekend which included a restaurant excursion. Yesterday, the scales rewarded me with a 4.6 pound weight loss! I'm feeling 100% committed and read to finally lose the rest of this weight. Today, I plan on re-starting my modified C25K and the 100 pushups challenge. I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do by the end of this year. On October 1, I first reached 233. Since then, I've been bouncing around with the same 6-7 pounds. It's time to get serious and lose some more.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #11  

Today's Plan:
B: oatmeal with blueberries and milk, coffee with milk,
S: beans with salsa and cheese
L: fish with salad and steamed green beans
S: hard boiled egg, V8
D: lasagne-stuffed zucchinni, salad
S: milk with 1/2 cup blueberries

I did much better yesterday, only ate too many NSA fudgesicles. That pre-TOM chocolate craving is so intense. I've got to do some research and see if there isn't anything I can eat or a supplement maybe that will help combat it.

Merksie, attagirl getting right back on plan!
BeverlyJoy, I feel better today. I wish I had a better way to measure my success than the scale, but my clothing sizes change so slowly. It took me 8 months and 30 lbs to go from a size 16 jean to a 14. Anyway it will not get me down for long.
mj, I hear you! I am on vacation next week and can't wait!
Hooray Rhonda! You sound so positive and motivated. I feel sure things will start happening for you now.
Let's all have a great day chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-15-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #12  

Okay chicks, I have to confess I have a problem. I have terrible chocolate cravings the week before TOM. I mean, if my arms were made of chocolate, I would seriously gnaw them right off.
I haven't really addressed this in my plan, but it hit me today (duh) that I am going to have to do some things different that one week every month if I am going to stay on plan. I do perfectly well for two weeks then that week rolls around and I blow it. Than I spend the following week doing Ph 1 (again!) and getting rid of residual cravings. It is very frustrating!

Here is my plan for **** week:
Eat extra complex carbs ( I usually limit myself to one or two servings of grains/day, ~150 calories worth. I am going to up this to 3 servings)
Extra water
Extra exercise (yoga to calm myself?)
Extra protein
Calcium supplement
I will split my food up into 6 mini-meals so I can psychologically feel like I am snacking all day and keep my blood sugar levels very stable.

I will try this starting tomorrow. Just wondered if any of you chicks had this issue and had words of wisdom...
If you google "premenstrual cravings diet" there are some interesting articles on the topic.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #13  

Hi chicks - yesterday I stayed on my plan well - yay! I am grateful!

Today is a busy day - four programs and a dentist appt. My voice is tired - so, I won't speak the rest of the day after my programs - as much as possible.

Plans for today -

meditation
streches
ice/heat
log food and nutritional values
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - grilled salmon, sweet potato, squash
snack - yogurt, blueberries
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, green beans
snack - oatmeal, raisins, skim milk

Schmoodle - so sorry you are struggling with TOM chocolate cravings. I think your plan addresses that very well. Does planning for some chocolate help or just make you want more. Hang in there, friend!

Rhonda - YAY on the weight loss. I can hear the determination in your voice. You CAN do this.

MJ - did you get lots of good stuff at the Farmer's Market. I LOVE them, too.

Shout out to Merksie, Catholic Cajun and Math Puppy.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-16-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #14  
mj5

Good Morning! I must confess, I did not go to the gym yesterday. My knee was really sore and I chose not to push it. I WILL go today!

Schmoodle--Sounds like you have a good plan to address the cravings. I had the same ? as Beverlyjoy, does planning for some chocolate help or make things worse?

Beverlyjoy--Wow! Busy day today!

So far, so good today. I have eaten breakfast (trying to make that a good habit again!) and have started drinking water.

Hope everyone has an op day today!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #15  

Happy Hump Day chicks,
BJ and mj (hee), planning for some chocolate works the rest of the time. I treat myself to an oz of dark chocolate every weekend. but the week prior to TOM, if there is any around I will gorge on it. I think it's better to just stay away for the week.

Today's plan:
double my water
vitamin supplement
exercise
food:
B1: hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
B2: oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts, milk, agave nectar
S: raw cucumber dressed in vinegar, piece of cheese
L: salad with steamed green beans and turkey bacon bits, Goddess dressing, V8, triscuits with LCLC
S: latte
D: lasagne stuffed zucchini, brown rice
S: glass of milk

Have a great day chicks!