Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #16  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Uh, no it's not, really. My DH needs at least 5,000 calories a day or he loses weight rapidly. When he works out and is working (very physical job) he needs as much as 8,000 and still doesn't gain weight.
Holy cannoli... I know I must have been eating nearly as much when I weighed almost 300 pounds, but sheez that seems like so much food! Does he eat high-cal food, or just a lot of volume?
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #17  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Same company for my college, too.

Freshman 15 anyone??
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #18  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drina View Post
Holy cannoli... I know I must have been eating nearly as much when I weighed almost 300 pounds, but sheez that seems like so much food! Does he eat high-cal food, or just a lot of volume?
Both. He's vegan. He eats a lot of plant-based rich foods like oils and avocado and so on, but he can eat in volume too.

I bet when you weighed nearly 300 you weren't eating nearly as much as 5000-8000 on the regular. I know I didn't anyway... I tracked my calories when I was over 300 before I changed my habits again and the highest, naughtiest, beer drinkin' holiday food eatin' day didn't even reach 4000. Damn metabolism! The "math" part of it just doesn't add up!!! I shouldn't have gained as I did.

Sorry for the derail!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #19  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, waaah! Poor baby. Maybe he should have thought about how his lifestyle was going to change before he committed his crime. I don't feel sorry for him, at all. In fact, I am rather ticked off that he is allowed, from behind bars to file stupid, senseless lawsuits that cost money and clog the court system.

Bah!
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post
Oh, waaah! Poor baby. Maybe he should have thought about how his lifestyle was going to change before he committed his crime. I don't feel sorry for him, at all. In fact, I am rather ticked off that he is allowed, from behind bars to file stupid, senseless lawsuits that cost money and clog the court system.

Bah!
Although he may well be guilty, and I don't have any sympathy for the particulars of his lawsuit (many people around the world would be thrilled to have 3,000 guaranteed calories a day), he has not yet been convicted of any crime. Just something to keep in mind.
betsysunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #21  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsysunqueen View Post
Although he may well be guilty, and I don't have any sympathy for the particulars of his lawsuit (many people around the world would be thrilled to have 3,000 guaranteed calories a day), he has not yet been convicted of any crime. Just something to keep in mind.
Perhaps I should have said that he should have thought about how his lifestyle was going to change before he allegedly committed his crime. You are right, he hasn't been convicted. And I should have taken that into account, before I posted.

Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 215/205/145

Height: 5'3"

If he can manage to understand the law books, shouldn't he be able to understand the health/medical journals??? :-)

Just my two cents....
tofuhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #23  
Waiting on a hot body

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Does it make me a bad person if my first thought is 'who cares if he starves to death'?

Last edited by MalibuBeachBound; 07-13-2008 at 10:39 PM.
MalibuBeachBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

What ever happened to the good ol army diet of **** on a shingle?

toast with minced beef on top, maybe throw a bit of veggies on the side with fruit and veg for snacks? XD

I can't believe what some people complain about, I spent three years in a Catholic school growing up and for a month every year, all we were allowed to eat for lunch was chicken broth, no seconds, no milk or snacks that month.

Some people are lucky to get that meal once a week, what sort of glutton is this man? :/
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote