Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default What is your reward for when you reach goal?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you have something extra special planned for yourselves once you reach your goal weight or goal body shape? I do have special rewards for mini-goals. Every 5 lbs. I lose, I treat myself to a manicure or pedicure...or a new pair of (cheap) jeans to get me through to the next size. However, as far as when I reach my final goal, I don't really have anything special planned only because to me, the reaching of the goal sounds incredible enough! Still, I got to thinking about how I'd like to do something to reward myself because lately, I'm starting to like myself more and I want to give myself something for doing such a gosh darn good job! So, any ideas? Or, do you think it's better to just focus on the success of reaching the goal?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

ive been struggling with this all the way through my journey....
i havent a clue what to do...
but chances are it will take a lot more work yet....
i plan to drop my goal by a possible 14lbs....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

My goal will be enough reward in itself Then, it'll be time to set a new goal.
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #4  
STi

Like above...meeting my goal and then some was enough of a reward for me...Now it's definition goal!
STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I don't use clothing as rewards. I figure I deserve to feel and look my best at whatever weight I am, so I buy clothes as I need them. My reward for hitting 10% was a tattoo... and my reward for hitting goal will be the other half of the tattoo. Mini goal rewards have been primarily CDs, but I think I'm going to start rewarding myself with (healthy) cookbooks and exercise stuff... since both of these things will help keep me on-track and lead to even more goal rewards
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

Well, my mom and I are both losing weight at the moment, so we said when we got under a certain number (190 for me - almost there!) we'd have a spa day, because neither of us are very into pampering ourselves normally.

But for me, since I spent two years buying "goal clothes" without ever getting into them, now when I lose 5 pounds, I go through the drawer and I'm always able to take out a couple of things that now fit me, which feels great.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I also got a tattoo when I hit 1/2 way to my goal and I'll get another when I make my goal.

But other than that I have no particular reward in mind. Getting there will be reward enough, I think.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #8  
here we go

S/C/G: 230/217/140

Height: 5'6

This is sorta weird but when I reach my goal I'm getting a boob job! I had my kids pretty young and now they need a little lift:.)
Wesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #9  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Disneyworld!!!!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #10  
constant trier

S/C/G: S 14st4lb(UK)/C 13st 10lb/G ??

Height: 5ft 1in

the rate i am going by the time i reach my goal weight they will be carrying me in a smaller coffin cos i will be dead .Hope i get there soon!!!
catherine
fatcat_1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #11  
FB

One of my rewards will be a really super duper fancy designer dress from Neiman Marcus for New Year's Eve.

At that point I'll have been on plan for a year, although I don't know if I'll be at goal weight (I have secret aspirations of being there or really close although I know in my heart not to assign a date to goal)!

My husband's jaw hit the floor when he saw the price of some I was looking at but I justify the huge price tag with the fact that my wedding dress was under $100.00. I want a really fancy dress just one time in my life and I'll have worked really freaking hard for it.

I've had some great rewards along the way, I firmly believe in rewarding myself and don't know what my ultimate goal reward will be. After I hit goal weight I'll continue working towards a goal BF% and muscle laden physique. Since I'm weight training and it will take a long while to reach my goal physique I'm thinking of something outrageous, like an old Corvette Stingray. I love old muscle cars. What better reward than a muscle car for a muscle girl?

Last edited by FB; 07-13-2008 at 01:43 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I'm treating myself to something every 10 pounds and for my final goal I'm dying my hair red (I've always been blonde) and a day at a spa. Looking forward to both!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I haven't thought about it. I haven't treated myself at all through the whole 43 pounds so it never crossed my mind. I think I'll have to come up with something special because by the time I'm done that will be a HUGE accomplishment. Hmmm......
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #14  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Just like Lynsey, I really haven't thought about it. I do plan to buy a nice (expensive) pair of jeans, but I will need them. So far, I haven't really had to buy jeans because I have had a good supply from the past. Unfortunately, I am now on my last pair because the other ones that I have are in a style that is no longer in, so I may have go shopping for jeans soon. However, I don't consider that a reward, that's a necessity.

I don't really need a material reward. I am doing this for myself and for my own health; and I am already being rewarded by the compliments that I am getting from my friends and co-workers and by my more slimmer and toned body. I still want to take it to the next level so that my BMI is less than 25, and my secret goal is 20% body fat. That in itself would be enough of a reward for me.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #15  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

weight loss goal - probably a laptop computer (if we can afford it)

body shape goal - carribean vacation with my hubby (we had better be able to afford it, haha)

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 07-13-2008 at 03:00 PM.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote