View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
Realist

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

I had a friend who had gastric bypass on Feb 14th, 2000. She had tried many many diets, and didn't seem to have the will to stick with them.With gastric bypass, she lost nearly 100 pounds by January 2001. She had horrible stomach pain starting in December 2000, and her Dr (not surgeon, normal GP) said it was constipation. Well, she was horribly embarrassed by that, so although the pain came and went, she did not go back. January 1st 2001, she felt HORRIBLE. She laid low most of the day, and finally went to the hospital in the middle of the night. Her vitals were horrible, so they did exploratoty surgery. They found ~5 liters of bile in her abdomen. The scar tissue had worked a whole into her stomach, and she was leaking bile into system. Her body went into septic shock, and she died either the 2nd or 3rd (sadly I don't remember anymore). I am morbidly obese, but I think I can't do surgery. I need to focus and be more healthy. Just thought I would share the story that still haunts me a bit, as she was my best friend who died at the age of 28 yrs old.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote