South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Clucking - July 12th and 13th

Good Saturday morning - evening for Indiagal!

The three-dog household is doing just fine with no fights and just a little jostling in the line to be petted. Right now they are resting after breakfast and potty. "It's a dog's life" is a good thing. It originally meant a miserably unhappy existence. That sure doesn't apply around here!

Borrowed my friend Doug's power washer yesterday as he and Claire are away for the weekend. I intend to play with it a lot today cleaning the dog pool, patio, deck and siding. I also have a couple of small metal tables that need the moss blasted off before I hit them with Tremclad. Our wet June really screwed up white-painted furniture.

Today is supposed to be a good weather day and the nice clear sunrise is looking good. It's going up to 86ºF so it'll be an AC day later on. Right now it's wonderfully cool.

What's going on with you this weekend? Come and chat.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I can join you for a quick cup this morning, Ruth. Have fun with that power-washer, but be careful. They can be pretty powerful.

I have to follow Jake down to the car dealership so he can drop his car off for inspection this morning. Luckily, it's right next to Cracker Barrel. After breakfast it's a quick stop at Wegman's, then home for the rest of the day. It's supposed to be in the high 80s and very humid, so it will be a great day to enjoy the pool and throw something on the grill for supper.

Jake's ready to go already and standing here looking at me, so I'd better hop to it! Later!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:43 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning All!!

Ruth, have fun with the power washer. When you are done with it, could I please use it too? My son's duck makes quite a mess on my brick patio and it could use a good cleaning. We hose it off at least 3-4 times a day..yuk. The little blue duck is now a great big white duck who makes great big 'stuff". ick. but she's pretty cute.

Speaking of 3 dogs, Our little Bijoux is definately pregnant...getting wider every day bless her heart. Who wants a puppy??? Mandy? Zeffryn...??? Mama is a shih tzu/rat terrier mix. Daddy is an austrailian shepherd/catahoula mix. So we are going to have "designer" puppys...we figured out they would be RATTACALLASHEPHERDSH*TS!!!

Cottage, have fun at breakfast and doing your groceries. (here in New Orleans it is called "making groceries"!)

Yesterday morning I was finished with work and getting ready to put my exercise DVD on when we heard a big "BOOM". A transformer blew. It usually just takes a little while for the power company to come out and fix them. It wasn't done till around 7 last night....about 11 hours without electricity and man was it hot in here...around 94. Shades of the miserable 6 weeks after Katrina came rushing back. I ate SF popsicles all day long just to cool off. Pretty boring day too. Reading just made me sleepy. I usually have music going all day long and it was just too quiet in here.

No plans for today. Going to grill some shrimp later. Saw a recipe in Cooking light for a glaze made of garlic+lemon juice+honey+dijon mustard. I have some orange agave necter I'm going to use to replace the honey. Will let ya'll know how it turns out.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are still serving Fogbuster (it's on sale this month!) so come on by for a cup

Ruth - Sounds like a fun day and the perfect thing to do on a warm day!

Cottage - Enjoy the pool!

Cat - Where did you find the orange agave? I've been tempted to experiment with maple extract and agave now that fresh berries are available. Can't wait to hear how the recipe turns out.

Gonna - I agree with Nessa - 31 seems very early! I'm 47 and am just getting kicked in that direction by my weight loss. They can test your hormone levels to find out if that is the case. good luck!

Normal weekend day here - yard and garden work and housework as long as it stays relatively comfortable. Once it gets hot I'm heading for the hammock! Tonight Julie has a gig in town so I'll go hang out with a friend, listen to music, and do some co-op shopping while we are there.

I'm planning my camping menu and getting beans and salads ready. I'm figuring out prices for meals now in preparation for our fall training.

I slept in so am behind already! Sounds just like a weekend
Old 07-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I am waiting for my friend to come by and we are going to have breakfast at the cute diner counter at the Farmer's Market and do our shopping. When I get home I want to cut the grass then maybe go to the pool. Movie on the green tonight.
The scale is a butthead this morning. For no good reason, so I must have pissed off the scale Gods.

Cat, I already know that shrimp will be delicious! No dogs here thanks! 2 cats, 4 hamsters, and a fish, so we are full up.
Have a great day, Ruth and cottage!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #6  
-

Cyndi, I think I found the orange agave at Whole Foods. I got a vanilla one at the same time and it's about gone.

Gonna...I started at around 35...very early too. Took several years for the whole operation to "complete". Then I had a few years of "peace". Then I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and the whole thing started all over again. No fair. I had already passed the "test"!! It was like being told you have to take chemistry and physics again. Took about a year the second time and occasionally I still get a hot flash, but I'm so used to them now it's no big deal. I never took any hrt...didn't want to mess with it. Now, I just love it...not to get too personal here, but "things" are better than ever...woohoo!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-12-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies!

Ruthie, have fun with the power washer! We're getting God's Own Power Washer here today.

Cottage, hope you enjoyed Cracker Barrel!

Cat, "we figured out they would be RATTACALLASHEPHERDSH*TS!!!" I think I had one of those this morning from the buffalo "chicken" salad I ate last night. That's awesome though! I bet they'll come out cute as can be!

As for me, it's another early morning. Tom got up around 6 and I woke up out of a weird dream at 6:24 so here we are. I just heard Little Guy's door open but he hasn't come out yet so maybe he decided it's too early for him still.

Severe weather coming through again today. Sigh. Roads were partially flooded when I came home from work last night and now they're saying that flooding is likely in areas that got a lot of rain last night and this morning. Can't wait for the storming to be over! I guess the severe threat is over at midnight tonight, so we're in for a long day.

Well, I need some tea and my book. I'm 2/3 done with James Patterson's newest Alex Cross book, Double Cross. Bought it for $3.20 + tax on amazon.com (hardback.) That's so much better than getting it for $27.99 at the book store, and I just couldn't wait for it.

Hope you girlies have a good day!

Lisa
Old 07-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Woops, simulposting!

Cyndi, enjoy the hammock! You'll deserve it!

Schmoodle, don't worry about the scale gods. It's the weekend. I didn't even weigh myself this morning for that reason. The scale gods are sleeping in because it's Saturday.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ruth - forgot to mention I'm freezing a flat of blueberries this weekend and next weekend I'm trying blueberries and cream fruit leather (blueberries with greek yogurt). Certainly sounds good!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #10  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, all. I don't have much on the agenda for this weekend except a little cleaning, and working on my book, as usual.

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Just returned from my morning walk/jog. Went about 36 min straight, which should be right around a 5K....yippeee! If I don't do it first thing (because of two young children), it just won't fit in. Next is breakfast (I'm thinkin' blueberry protein pannycakes...yum!!), then off to a picnic lunch at a lake beach somewhere.

Enjoy the day!

and those shrimp sound awesome...share the recipe!!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

OMG!!! Talk of blueberrie's, I'm drooling over here! Occasionally strawberries I can find, seasonally... but blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, Oh so rarely... and hours away from here in the hill stations.

Femme, We (my folks) have 3 scottie pups here( any takers?), plus their parents, plus my two village mongrels, plus a kitten coming into the mix soon...and hundreds of fishies... What's funny, is once their Male Scottie bred with a shih tzu/ poodle mix... scottie poosh*ts they were a funny lot!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Morning chickies,

Sorry no time for personals, have to run Mac to the vet in a few minues and then the combined birthday party today for my two dd, youngest turned 5 on the 8th and older turns 15 on the 23rd, yup 10 years difference!!!! Was I nuts....LOL wouldn't change a thing.

Cat love your new picture----You look Fantastic!!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cat - I have the orange agave too...I got it from Whole Foods. If we knew exactly our plans for the coming months....I would definitely take a puppy...but I have no idea where we are going to be living, whether it be Baton Rouge, New Orleans or here...and even then, if it will be a house with a big backyard.

Off to Prejeans for breakfast.

I keep trying to order some maternity clothes from Gap.com,but the site is closed for maintenance. I hope it isn't closed much longer. Oh well, at least they are offering a 10% discount because of it. I need new clothes for our trip! I only have 1 pair of pants and 1 skirt that fit....who knows how many tops...maybe 4? Oy. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all my maternity clothes!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #15  
-

Zeff...prejeans??? I hate you...that's my favorite place in the world to eat.
Say hey to the big alligator for me... and see if you can sniff out an eggplant pirogue for me...ahhhhhhhhhh.
Closed Thread