Old 07-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: July 12-13

Mornin' All!

Been up since 5:40 ready and rarin' to go! OK, maybe not that perky, but for some reason, I woke up a little after 5 (dh was already up) and laid there with a zillion things running through my head that I had to do! So I emptied the sink, ran the dishwasher and have honey corn muffins in the oven and am taking a break to drink my coffee! (Yes, of COURSE the first thing I did was make the coffee!) Gotta be at my mom's by 9:30 to play "help desk" in case anything goes wrong with her PC while she's taking her LNC exam.

Alicia, that's some "friend" your DH has.

Day 2 on Adderall. 5 mg. did nothing yesterday, so I'm not wasting time, I took 10 mg. this AM.

We're going to Red Robin for a birthday lunch today, then getting my hair highlighted at 4:00. We'll probably go back to Red Robin next month for DH's birthday lunch/dinner. They send you a coupon in e/m for a free burger on your bday, but the coupon is only good for 2 wks. DH & I are 2 days apart, and aren't going to eat there twice in a two week period, so we have to argue with them every year about extending the time frame for one of them. They did it for us last year.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Lauren ~ hope that you see some good results with the meds (soon!). I know that you're anxious to see a change. Sounds like you're focussed this morning. I've never eaten at RR ~ is it sort of like Applebee's?

Alicia ~ so sorry to hear about your lousy day yesterday. Wow... some "friend" is right. Too weird. Not being able to deal with everything until Tuesday has got to be tough.

GG ~ 4 weeks to go!!! Man, that is exciting. Enjoy your weekend with DH.
BTW, I totally agree with you about talking things out. I can't fuction w/o communication. DH is a typical man and tends to shut down when he gets stressed. I love how much more open he is with me now than he was years ago. Poor man can't help it since I bug the *$#@ out of him until he talks LOL.

We're off but I just wanted to sign in and hope that everyone has an excellent day! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...i'm up and raring to go. Heading out the door in a few min. Last night, a friend from the barn calld and wanted to see if I wanted to go for a trail ride this am. So we'll head out to Kennesaw mt this morning with the ponies and go for a trail ride. Should be fun.

Lauren-man i cant even think about being up that early LOL. Well i guess you got a lot done then LMAO

Joan have fun today...

hey to all else!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

GG, Honestly, I've never been a morning person, I worked the night shift for years and loved it! I worked at a Mobil Mart (gas w/store). Back in the days when I used to smoke, I loved to sit outside in the early AM with coffee and a butt and watch the sun rise! The good (?) old days! But now, my kids have forced me to be a morning person and I actually like to be up before them to get stuff done. This doesn't happen all the time though, today was a fluke!

Joan, I'm sure the doctors love when people self-medicate. RR is a gourmet burger joint. www.redrobin.com. Awesome burgers! My favorite is the Banzai Burger...marinated in teriyaki w/grilled pineapple, cheddar, & L&T. YUM! And they give you unlimited steak fries, but I never finish the ones they come with.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/180/140

Height: 5'6

geez I thought I got up early but man compared to you guys 6:30 is almost mid-morning

I'm so excited because yesterday I stuck to my diet even though I thought there was no chance. So now that I know I can I'm looking forward to the challange.
Miltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Morning all...I love Red Robin too...I like the burger with the blue cheese on it..yum. I did another 20 minute weights workout on the WW DVD today...I never realized how hard it is to exercise with a 3 year old crawling in and out of your legs while you are doing squats....and he got his drum sticks to pretend they were weights to work out with me...so cute but I was afraid I was going to run into him! We have so much to do this weekend...lots of running around! Well, take care and I will check in later.

Lauren- enjoy all you get done today...wow that is early...i wasn't even up that early with the baby.

GG- Enjoy your horse ride. I bet that is relaxing and fun.
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Miltrez- great job sticking to it....we posted around the same time!
You can do and you will...I am sending you my willpower dust!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning... weigh day today and the results are in. 1 pound down this week!! I thought it would be more with TOM being last week but I'll take it. I know it took me a while to gain it and it will take me a while to lose it... but I want to be now!!!!!! Whine.... LOL

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!!!!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-12-2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: can't type to save my life today
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #9  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
Sounds like everyone is getting ready to have a great Saturday! I just got done with my 3 mile walking video. Boy was it a good workout this morning. Feeling very sweaty and a good kind of sore! Maybe this way when we go to the chicken noodle dinner for the local girl's softball team this afternoon, I won't overeat and gain too much weight from the starchy food. No other big plans for the day. It is suppose to be 90 here with high humidty. It was already 73 at 8:30 and very humid already. So just going to try and stay cool today.
Lauren, glad you got so much done this morning. Hope you don't want to crash after the boys get up for the day.
GG, enjoy your trail ride this morning. That sounds like it would be fun!
Joan have a safe trip! Enjoy your time at your fil's by the pool reading!
Erin, glad you got your workout in already for the day! Sounds like you are enjoying your new dvd!
Miltrez, congrats on sticking to your diet yesterday! That must make you feel good about yourself! See you can do it! Keep up the good work!
Poppyseeds, congrats on your pound loss! You are so true about how it takes time to get the weight off! Keep up the good work!
Hi to everyone else! Hope you have a relaxing Saturday! I am off to get my shower and get ready for the day. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #10  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Oh I LOVE Red Robin. Love their Speckled Lemonade (w/strawberries in it) ~ ~ MMMMM

I am ready and rearing to go. I plan on going on a walk today, if the rain doesn't get here before I venture out. If not, I am sure I'll do a bunch of walking with all the errands I need to do today... that intails pushing a carriage with two kiddies and groceries. LOL! That is a workout-right!?!?

Well I hope all of you have a lovely Saturday and talk to you all later.

Last edited by PearFreak; 07-12-2008 at 12:17 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #11  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Morning everyone, I'm off to the farmer's market with the kids. Just wanted to pop in an say hello. Welcome pearfreak! (love the name - is your avatar a goat over the pyramids??? )

I stayed OP all yesterday and got my exercise sticker AND my food sticker!

Unfortunately I am SOOOOOO sore today from my new video that I think I will bike to the market for my exercise and give it a couple days before I tackle that video again.

More later...

Last edited by mamatoni; 07-12-2008 at 01:33 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Well the trail ride was fun...but i sort of screwed up. I thought DH said we needed to leave the house at 3. So while riding, we went on the longer trail. We were out for 3 hrs. Its was a fun relaxing ride. However, when i called DH he said he had to leave at 2. It was 1.30 and till had to take the horses back to the barn. So unfortunately DH had to go to the car race by himself. I offered to drive down and meet him, but he said it wasn't worth the gas. I think he was really bummed however. I feel bad. he said it was ok...but i know he was a bit bummed. Oh well..next time I'll pay more attention to time. But i have to admit...its been a while since i've had such a great and relaxing ride.....off to do some errands.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/180/140

Height: 5'6

Oh man I miss the bike trails in Alaska sooo bad. They would be very helpful here. I love to bike.
Miltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #14  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Miltrez, I have to admit, I rarely ride on the trails. There are some nice ones, but I am always pulling 70 pound of kid behind me so I usually stick to the smoothest surface I can find!

Kerry, I love good workouts!! have fun at your dinner tonight.

poppyseeds, congrats on the loss. I agree that I'd take anything, but the faster, the better!

Lauren, I am a total morning person. When I was in college, I would go to bed at 10pm and get up at 2am to write a paper that was due the next day (I also procrastinate). I like the quiet of the morning before everyone else gets up, feels very peaceful to me. Glad you enjoyed it and hope you're not too tired tonight! What is an LNC exam?

GG, sorry about the miscommunication with your DH...maybe you can make it up to him

Joan, are we married to the same DH???? Mine gets the exact same way when stressed and I also have bug him to talk to me. Drives me crazy sometimes!!

Gonna have a nice dinner and some alone time with DH tonight, IL's are watching the kids. I logged what I plan to eat on daily plate to make sure I can still get my sticker today.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #15  
KAR

Evening Everyone,
Welcome Pearfreak! Glad you could join our group. The more the merrier! Hope you got your walk in and all your errands done.
Toni, glad you got both of your stickers yesterday! Will you give yourself both of them again today? How was the farmer's market? I wish we had one closer to our house. We have to drive over 45 minutes just to get to one. So we go the local Kroger's grocery store to get all our produce. We have had some yummy sweet corn from there. Enjoy your evening with your dh!
GG, sounds like you enjoyed your trail ride! Bummer about not getting to go with your dh to his race. Did you get your errands done? I bet you can make it up to him later. Sounds like you enjoyed your day off!
Miltrez, how is your day going so far for you? Is another day of congrats in order for you? I like to bike too. But unforturenately we live on a busy country road that connects our town to the highway. So everyone takes it as a short cut. Don't feel like loading up my bike and taking it anywhere where I could ride it.
Well the chicken noodle dinner was good! Then my dh played in the cornhole tournment they had. I spend the afternoon in the shade reading a book. We stayed for the raffle and chinese auction. Didn't win anything. But hopefully I got my name out there for my Avon business, since I donated a makeup bag with 4 or 5 items in it. Then I came home and tried to take a nap, but AF is not being nice. She is killing my back and stomach today. I think I will just relax this evening with my book and maybe a cup or two of mint tea. My dh is at his nephew's working on a derby car. So I didn't want to go hang out in the garage this evening feeling like I do.
Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a nice evening! I will check back later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote