Old 07-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

Default I just don't know

Hello everyone,
I am going to turn the big 30 in a 5 months and just don't know me anymore. I have written in a few forum before. I have started and stopped so many times. I look in the mirror now and I don't even see me. I see someone I don't even know. Has anyone had that moment you are walking by a window and see a reflection and think someone is near you, but when you look back you relize its you. And you are sadden by that fact you don't recongize yourself. I am so not myself anymore.
I am so done with looking the way I do. But for some reason I can't find myself to get motivated enough to do anything about it. I plan to go to the gym in the morning before work at 4:30 am but never do because I am just so tried. I have been to WW, and has worked in the past. But just can't see myself doing that again. I liked the responability of having to go check in, but I just don't know what to do. I can't make up excuses because I know I am the reason for not doing something about it.
Has anyone felt like they just didn't know anymore? Didn't know what to do, didn't know what to think, didn't know themselves anymore.
I really don't have any friends that understand what I am going thru because they have never been in my position before. And the ones that have, got the gastro bypass and they look great and saw how much will power it takes to do that. But I just don't want to do that.
I just needed to vent, because that is the way I feel right now. I just don't know anymore.

Thanks everyone
Michiemish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I was so there about three months ago. I felt like I just didn't have the energy to devote to losing weight. When it came to giving up my favorite comfort foods, I just didn't want to do it. I was happy eating and baking and cooking. I am so much happier now that I made the decision to start. I am only ten pounds away from my goal weight now. I look better today than I did five years ago. You can do this.

I am doing a WW Flex at home. I don't attend meetings. Really, the only thing I have done is turn to this Website every day. I was never able to lose weight before this. I am determined this time to get under 155.

Some of the things I keep in mind:

1. Make a goal. Having a goal in mind is so much better than just saying that you want to lose weight.

2. Keep a food journal at least for two months. I am convinced this is how I was successful at losing weight this time.

3. Get some exercise in every day, whether it is a long walk or short hard workout. My favorite workout these days is a long walk/jog. When I say "long," I mean an hour (that is a lot since I have a baby).

4. Always reward yourself. Every five pounds I would treat myself to makeup or clothes or a book. Last time, I bought myself some new weights and a workout DVD.

5. Don't deny yourself your favorite foods; just improvise. Instead of a regular Large Pizza Hut Deep Dish Pepperoni pizza, I get a Papa Murphy's Delite plain cheese. I treat myself to this once or twice every two weeks. I try to only have a couple pieces at a sitting. I make sure though, that I stay under my points for the day while having it. Eating it with a salad helps. Instead of regular chocolate, I have SF chocolate or just a few hershey kisses.

Good luck to you! I know you can do this! I can't wait to see you on here making the progress you want.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:05 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just one thought here--it's possible to make too difficult a plan and then feel bad because you're not sticking to it. If I had to get up at 4:30 to do the gym--well, pfffftt! No way!

So, I'd say you need to find a way to exercise without feeling like you've joined the military!

Good luck! You'll find a way!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

You do know what you need to do in order to lose weight. It's just not wanting it bad enough.

I know that sounds kind of tough... but if you really really want something, you'll do what you need to do in order to achieve it.

It IS possible for you to lose weight. First, go see your doctor, get a check up and make sure everything is okay with your body. Then get on the wagon and do what you have to do.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I totally relate. I lived that way for YEARS. But if you don't do it now, you are just going to get bigger, and sadder. I remember weighing about 230 when I was 29. I thought I was huge. Imagine my shock had I known I would reach 278 within a few years. Talk about miserable.

It IS hard. But it's doable. Every day you have to make a choice for yourself. Eat junk, or eat well. Take care of yourself, or hurt yourself. Stick around this forum and get lots of great support. Believe in yourself and never give up.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #6  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I'm going to say one thing to you... Do this because you deserve to be happy, you deserve to be healthy & you most definitely deserve to look great! Go for it, this is something that can make the biggest difference in your life and it's totally within your control and in your grasp.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiemish View Post
Hello everyone,
I am going to turn the big 30 in a 5 months and just don't know me anymore. I have written in a few forum before. I have started and stopped so many times. I look in the mirror now and I don't even see me. I see someone I don't even know. Has anyone had that moment you are walking by a window and see a reflection and think someone is near you, but when you look back you relize its you. And you are sadden by that fact you don't recongize yourself. I am so not myself anymore.
I am so done with looking the way I do. But for some reason I can't find myself to get motivated enough to do anything about it. I plan to go to the gym in the morning before work at 4:30 am but never do because I am just so tried. I have been to WW, and has worked in the past. But just can't see myself doing that again. I liked the responability of having to go check in, but I just don't know what to do. I can't make up excuses because I know I am the reason for not doing something about it.
Has anyone felt like they just didn't know anymore? Didn't know what to do, didn't know what to think, didn't know themselves anymore.
I really don't have any friends that understand what I am going thru because they have never been in my position before. And the ones that have, got the gastro bypass and they look great and saw how much will power it takes to do that. But I just don't want to do that.
I just needed to vent, because that is the way I feel right now. I just don't know anymore.

Thanks everyone
Hey, we are the same age! I turn the big 30 in 5 months too!!
Now, I know how you feel. I have felt it. I came to the reality that this was something that needed to happen within. It's been a LONG ride, that isn't even close to being done. But it's a ride WORTH taking. We are talking about our lives. Since losing some weight, I've never felt better, so I can only imagine how great I'm gonna feel when I lose another 50. One thing I have had to remember when I feel like giving up, is that we are WORTH it.

Good Luck to you. I know it's hard, trust me. I've been there, and still go there, but I just keep telling myself the things I typed above.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote