Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 06:55 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default icecream,fudge and peaches and cream

Deserts

Peaches and cream

We keep a jar in the fridge with a mixture of whipping cream, vanilla, and Splenda to taste -- this approximates melted vanilla ice cream.
Chop or crush some fresh, thoroughly chilled strawberries or peaches, mix in some of the ice cold cream mixture, and it's reminiscent of strawberry or peach ice cream that's gotten soft.
If you add a little cinnamon and nutmeg (and Splenda if needed) to room-temperature peaches, then splash the cream mixture over it, you'd think your ice cream melted over your warm peach pie. Mmm.
The cream mixture is surprisingly thick. I use only a heavy cream for this, not half & half; and it takes surprisingly little for the flavor and effect.
It is also good in root beer or other pop one might use for a "float."
I froze these in Popsicle molds and they came out darned near perfecto. I did orange flavor and the tasted like a 50/50 bar. Peaches, I took your recipe, added SF orange syrup, grated orange zest, then chopped 1/4 of an orange up and added it. The alcohol worked to soften the texture - I used 1.5 teaspoons of rum to soften them during the freezing, I guess u could use anything.

"Ziploc" Vanilla Ice Cream

1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
6 tablespoons Table Salt
3 cups Ice
1 Sandwich Sized Ziploc Bag
1 Gallon Sized Ziploc Bag
1. In the sandwich sized ziploc, combine the sugar substitute, vanilla extract and heavy cream. Seal the bag and shake lightly to mix ingredients.
2. In the gallon sized ziploc bag, add 3 cups of ice (or fill half the bag with ice)and add 6 tablespoons of table salt.
3. Place the sealed sandwich sized bag into the gallon bag and seal the gallon bag. Shake the entire contents for at least 4 minutes (shake longer for harder ice cream).
4. Once desired hardness has been achieved, remove smaller baggie and rinse throughly with cold water (if you miss this step, you may wind up with salty ice cream!)
Recipe makes about a 1/2 cup of ice cream.
I have doubled the recipe and it still works well. I am also sure that you can add additional ingredients (cocoa powder, etc) to create different flavors of ice cream. DaVinci syrups would work as well.
HINT: Be sure to rinse out the lip of the bag too without actually opening up the seal, otherwise, you will get salty ice cream.
417 Calories (kcal); 44g Total Fat;
(92% calories from fat); 2g Protein;
5g Carbohydrate

I felt like baking today and looked through Fran M. cookbook and found this:
1oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup chuncky PB
2T butter
1/3 cup whole milk ricotta
12 packets Equal(old book prior to splenda I just substituted)
1t vanilla extract
Melt the first 3 ingredients in a bowl in the microwave.Stir well to combine. Add the remaining ingredients, stir again and drop by the tablespoon on waxed paper you should have 12 drops. Chill till firm and keep in fridge.
Fran states these don't keep much longer than a day.I made them and used Splenda 12 packets instead of Equal. They had such an aftertaste that I threw them out. Do you think the splenda is sweeter that Equal and maybe cut back a few packets? Don't go by my tastes I am very fussy. Very easy to make and for 2Carbs just enough to get rid of the sweet tooth. Reminded me of fudge.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:56 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

Heavenly low carb chocolate
1 egg-yolk
2 tablespoons of cream
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
2 huge tablespoons of Mascarpone or curd cheese
little bit of artificial sweetener
Mix all the ingredients very well and wait for a few seconds.
This makes a pudding-cream-like snack/desert and people on the German board (including me) love it.

Suzy’s P-bars
1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate
2 Tbls. butter
2 Tbls. heavy cream
3 pkts Equal (I used Splenda)
3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein)
1 cup chopped peanuts (I used 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (hence the above!)
2 Tbls. Sugar Free Torani Syrup or maple syrup (or water, in a pinch...) --I used the maple syrup, as that, our market had!
Melt choc and butter in mike 1 min; stir until completely melted. Add Equal and heavy cream and stir till creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well, add syrup (or water), and mix thoroughly (you may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be very stiff). Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till firm. Cut into 6 bars. These were huge, so I made it into 9 bars.
Approx 5 carbs/15 grams protein per 1/6 recipe.
I didn't have any coconut so I eliminated that, instead of peanuts used chopped almonds & water instead of syrup- tried to save on carbs. Sort of fudgy & I ate entirely too many-
I used walnut round up real fine when I made mine and they were real good.
Well, another modification! I made them once again (about four times now...) and added some peanut butter--about 1 Tblsp., I guess. It made them have a somehow richer taste, but you don't taste the actual peanut butter. I also added vanilla and the coconut flavoring, as I still haven't been able to latch onto unsweetened coconut. This is the best batch yet--I am eating too many of these darn things! Oh, almost forgot, I added a few drops of stevia to make them sweeter--can't tell it is in there, but they are like eating a nice piece of fudge. Really good!

I've altered the recipe a bit to make meal replacement bars w/~33g protein & 8-10g ecc (depending on what sweetener, syrup & protein powder you use). Can you tell I like peanut butter?
CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS
melt:
3/4 cup chunky natural peanut butter
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
add:
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup SF syrup
1/8 cup water
mix wet ingredients into dry with a pastry blender:
9 70cc scoops chocolate Designer Protein
1/4 cup Splenda (or <1/8 tsp Stevia powder)
If needed, add extra water 1T at a time until it has the consistency of pie dough
Divide into 6 parts & roll into cylinders or flatten into bars.
SESAME-PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS
melt:
1/4c butter
1/4c natural PB
add:
1/4c heavy cream
1/8 cup SF syrup
1/8 cup water
mix wet ingredients into dry with a pastry blender:
12 70cc scoops Vanilla Designer Protein
1/4 cup Splenda (or <1/8t Stevia powder)
1 cup sesame seeds (whole or ground up - if you don't want to see them again)
If needed, add extra water 1T at a time until it has the consistency of pie dough
Divide into 8 parts & roll into cylinders or flatten into bars.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:58 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

Black coffee, cool
Half & half (enough to make it whatever color you like)
Splenda (I used 1/2 pkt)
1 squirt SF Vanilla Da Vinci syrup
Lots of ice
Mix half & half, sweetner, and syrup. Add milky mixture to coffee and mix (I shook mine up in a mason jar). Pour over a lot of ice.
What I do is mix 2 tsps. of Taster's Choice Dark Roast instant coffee in one cup of hot water. Then add the cream, sweetener, ice etc. Gives it that good latte taste...and add a touch of vanilla if you don't have DaVinci syrups...

1/2 cup frozen without sugar strawberries
1-2 scoops French vanilla protein powder
1 T. cream cheese (or 1/4 cup Ricotta or
cottage cheese)
1/3 cup half-and-half cream
1/3 cup whole milk
3-4 pkg. Splenda or your chosen sweetener
4-5 ice cubes
Whir in blender until all the ice chunks are ground up, but no longer. The blender can't take it!
Make this also with blueberries, peaches, tart cherries (add a drop of almond extract
with the peaches and cherries, and a dash of nutmeg with the peaches), raspberries, or mixed berries. All these fruits can be bought frozen without sugar--check labels to be sure--some are mixed in with sugar added.
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (preferably fresh frozen, not from a grocery store - I always think they taste better. I picked a ton last summer and still have a couple quarts in the freezer.)
-2 scoops vanill protein powder
-3 cubes coconut milk (frozen in ice cream tray)
-half and half or heavy cream to taste
-2-3 Tbl. cream cheese
4 oz. water
3 ice cubes
1/2 tsp. splenda (I am going to go looking for blueberry syrup at Nature's flavors today)
1/2 tsp. maple extract
Whirl in blender. I find that if I leave my blender on for a few minutes, whirling away, the shakes get creamier and creamier. Whips the cream I guess.
Enjoy - I figure it is a bit higher in the carbs, around 10, but you could probably cut the berries down. And half the protein powder if you want, but it really helped make it taste like cheesecake.

Ricotta Pancakes
4 lg eggs
1 c ricotta (I can't find a good ricotta I like so instead I use Philadelphia Soft cream cheese)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla(I really am into vanilla lately and there is a big difference in brands and certainly between the pure and extracts)
1/3 c oat flour
1 T melted butter or hazelnut oil
Generous sprinkling of nutmeg
and one packet of splenda.
Declious, and now I have to say I like these better than the real things. If I can spare the carbs I drizzle a bit of honey, or use some fresh fruit for a topping.
Enjoy!
Billie
P.S. Try putting in a 1/4 c of pecans or a 1/4 c of blueberries...use cinammon and nutmeg combination...how about some crisp crumbled bacon...put in some chocolate shavings...top with some real whip cream...just have fun, this is just the starter!
Tried these with blueberries (using the whipped cream cheese) for Sunday morning breakfast & the verdict is in: Yummy! The little bit of oat flour adds a nice undertaste.
I also made some recently with some dill and no sweetener and a bit of fried onion - we had them with some locks and cream cheese - WOW!!! Totally yummy.
Closed Thread