Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-11-2008, 02:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Default Does anyone elses tummy look..

like a sideways butt??!!!... Like a top bump a crease and a pooch..

Seriously I ALWAYS have a muffin top.. even wearing jeans that are so loose I dont have to unbutton them to pull up and on (non stretch)... I only get rid of the lumps if I manage to find jeans that go up to my boobies! (not really but you know what I mean)

Anyway will this get better???Am I still gonna have a tummy butt when I reach my goal weight?? I Have already lost a bit.. and it IS getting smaller but looks the same..
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I know EXACTLY what you mean -- some call it an upper and lower spare tire. I've never heard it called a "tummy butt." Very creative. Mine is still there, although the "tires" are mostly jiggly loose skin (the lower one is much worse and more defined as a "roll.") But they are still there. I'm sure surgery is the only way to get rid of them (I'm speaking of mine solely; a professional may be the only one to truly know). But a simple shaper smoothes them out for me. Everything looks fairly flat when I'm fully clothed.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I like to call this the double tummy. I think it probably varies from person to person, but I still have mine at my goal weight, although it doesn't qualify as a "muffin top" and is very small (only noticeable when naked or in something really tight.)

That being said, my goal weight is higher then a lot of women my height. I'm happy on the higher end of healthy. So, yours may go away. No way to know really until the weight is gone.

You're doing great btw! Congrats on the 58 lb loss!

Last edited by zenor77; 07-11-2008 at 03:03 AM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:13 AM   #4  

Thanks! I plan to have the rest gone by the time my hubby gets home.. he just left *sigh*

Anyway I completely forgot to write that I had a c section.. I wonder if it was because of that??
Old 07-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I think it's pretty common to get an upper ab roll if you gain weight in your middle. I never had a C-section, but I developed an upper ab roll at my HW (and a smaller roll forming above *that* -- I think folks call that one a "bra roll"). Anyway, my upper abs aren't completely flat yet but it's no longer a roll. My lower ab roll is still there but much smaller now.

Good luck!

Last edited by yoyoma; 07-11-2008 at 04:05 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Yikes. Yes, unfortunately. Mine has been getting smaller...I hope I can lose the majority of it with exercise and diet...because I don't have any desire to go the route of plastic surgery.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 AM   #7  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

I swear mine still looks the same too..lol..I am soo glad its not just me..This one girl I started ww with was only like 10 pounds lighter then me,and i still had the gut and she didnt really..We were the same height too
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

I have had 5 c-sections and developed the "tummy butt" after the vey first one. It got worse with each one, to where my lower abdomen now literaly hangs. As I have lost weight, my tummy is overall smaller, but unfortunately still looks the same. I asked my doc last week about it and he told me surgery is the only answer for that. I will just deal with it for now. On the plus side... I have gone from a size 16 to a size 6 and my tummy is not noticable at all under my clothes. You will feel great after your weight loss, and the imperfections can be hidden nicely!
RNmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #9  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Actually, I just told my hubby that I have a butt on my tummy yesterday! I got on all fours (in my underwarey) and showed him how my tumm hangs down like a butt. I'm still more than 20 lbs. away from goal, but this is something that reall bugs me! I guess once I lose all the weight, I'll be able to hide it under clothes and maybe then it won't bother me so much. I've had 2 kids and my second was a 9 pounder! Could that be the reason? Either way, I think it might be here to stay....only it'll be a smaller version of itself. Too bad big tummies aren't considered as hot as big booties. JLo...can you help us out here?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Mine doesn't look like a sideways butt, it looks like a second butt. I guess it's because I have a hysterectomy scar that runs from my bellybotton all the way down so it kind of cuts my stomach in half, side-to-side. Oh well, my doc agrees with yours RNmomof5, he's told me plastic surgery is the only way.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:53 AM   #11  

Thanks for all the responses Anyone know of something I could wear under my clothes that will make it look less and actually be comfy. I have a couple of camis that really dont do the trick.. and then I have this "fat sock" just is just so uncomfortable I cant wear it long at all..It goes from the knees to the boobs..It was on tv and its horrendous..
I want something that just looks like an undershirt.. but slims the bump and doesn't sufficate me.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Try Spanx underclothes. Provided you measure yourself and order the correct size, they are comfortable, well made, and hide the unsightly bulges.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsgurl0531 View Post
like a sideways butt??!!!... Like a top bump a crease and a pooch..

Seriously I ALWAYS have a muffin top.. even wearing jeans that are so loose I dont have to unbutton them to pull up and on (non stretch)... I only get rid of the lumps if I manage to find jeans that go up to my boobies! (not really but you know what I mean)

Anyway will this get better???Am I still gonna have a tummy butt when I reach my goal weight?? I Have already lost a bit.. and it IS getting smaller but looks the same..
I've had it for as long as I can remember. I want it to go away, but I don't remember it being any difft.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #14  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Lying down, no big deal. Standing up, minor sagging. Bending forward- kangaroo pouch. Really-I feel like a stiff breeze could fill up my loose skin and carry me away. Exercise has helped a little, but I still feel that like I look like Jello on a stick sometimes. Well, I'll keep on hula hooping and buy me some Spanx!
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #15  
I wont give in.

S/C/G: 312/188/130

Height: 5'8

I have the same thing! I hate it! ALWAYS a muffin top, but I am just hoping that I am young enough that the skin will start to spring back. I don't know, but heres hoping for all of us!
bfvgirlplayer is offline   Reply With Quote