South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #1  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Default I need a kick in the rear!

So I went on vacation last Friday to Los Angeles and had a great time. My eating (and drinking, lol) was totally off plan.

I got back to Atlanta late Wednesday night. Yesterday, I was totally not motivated. I started the day on plan but ended badly. I got home yesterday and waited for Directv to show up to fix my cable. They came at 8pm - which blew my workout time. I came home and ate a few squares of chocolate and drank two glasses of wine. I made salmon, blackeye peas, and edamame for dinner, which wasn't too bad.

Today, I've had a cup of coffee with splenda and a V8. I know I need to go workout today, but I'm tired and totally not motivated. I don't know if it's the time lag, the fact that I've eaten all kinds of stuff I shouldn't be eating, the weather (it's nasty outside), or a combination of all of the above, but right now, all I want to do is go home and sleep.

I need motivation! Give me a kick in the rear, please!!! LOL. I started out so well...I just need a little motivation, a little pep.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 07-11-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

Just think about how much better you'll feel about yourself after that workout! I hate going to the gym but I feel so proud of myself and so much more accomplished afterwards, even if I only had time for 20 min or so on the elliptical. Something is better than nothing.

Tell yourself you HAVE to go, but that you only have to do a tiny bit of cardio. Then once you've done that tiny bit you'll be in the groove and probably want to do a tiny bit more. Then a tiny bit more. Then you'll probably be close enough to the amount that you usually do that you'll figure you might as well keep going until you get there.

It sounds silly, but playing mindgames like that with myself really help me. Cuz I'm like "well, I can do 20 min no problem" . .then 20 min rolls up and I realize "I'm not that tired at all, I can def do 30" and then my blood's flowing and I think "since I'm here and I'm feeling loose and good I might as well lift a couple weights," and so on and so forth.

You can also try putting on your favorite music really loud and start singing and dancing a little bit to it in your room and you'll get your blood flowing enough that the gym won't seem so daunting

Good luck!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #3  
No longer super size!!!

You're very right. If I tell myself to go to the gym and "only do 15 minutes", that will turn into at least 30. And I WILL feel better about myself. I WILL GO TO THE GYM TODAY!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

That's the spirit!!!

I know it may be a little kindergarten-esque, but I put gold stars on my calendar for every day I go to the gym. . .I feel proud when a whole week is shimmering in gold! . . .and then not so proud when there's a lonely one on a whole empty row haha.

Have an awesome workout!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabella View Post
That's the spirit!!!

I know it may be a little kindergarten-esque, but I put gold stars on my calendar for every day I go to the gym. . .I feel proud when a whole week is shimmering in gold! . . .and then not so proud when there's a lonely one on a whole empty row haha.

Have an awesome workout!
that's a really good idea! They would do that when I used to go to weight watchers...I think I'm going to buy some stars on lunch today...maybe do one every day for eating and one every day for workouts...
Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #6  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

And make sure that your menus for the up coming week are appetizing. If you're not motivated to eat healthy food it's usually for three reasons. A. You don't have good food to eat in the house, so you eat what's avaliable. B. The food you have in the house is not appealing. C. You haven't planned out a menu for the week, so you're winging it. Exercise and food go hand in hand. I was told once that loosing weight is like a 2nd job, so I treat it as such and give it the respect that it deserves. You've done a great job, just get back into the ring and get going!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #7  
No longer super size!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacneil6 View Post
And make sure that your menus for the up coming week are appetizing. If you're not motivated to eat healthy food it's usually for three reasons. A. You don't have good food to eat in the house, so you eat what's avaliable. B. The food you have in the house is not appealing. C. You haven't planned out a menu for the week, so you're winging it. Exercise and food go hand in hand. I was told once that loosing weight is like a 2nd job, so I treat it as such and give it the respect that it deserves. You've done a great job, just get back into the ring and get going!!!
And you're totally right, I didn't plan for the rest of the week remaining once I got back from vacation. I am sitting here at work (shhhh don't tell ) planning my menus for the rest of this week and all next week. I love shopping, especially at the farmer's market - so I'm going to swing by there and pick up the stuff for my menus. Hopefully that will get me motivated also!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Heather, how wise! It is like a second job. I have not planned a week's menus for years but will do it starting today.

Greeneyedmustang, I think you just did give yourself a kick in the rear! Onward!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #9  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I am sitting here at work (shhhh don't tell ) planning my menus for the rest of this week and all next week.

I promise to keep it on the down low. I do that all the time! It's so bad!!! But I figure I don't get my 10 min 2x a day break, so I'll just combine it into one long one to get my menus done.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 07-11-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 259/247/150

Height: 5'6

good for you!! glad you had a great trip! i am right there with you about not wanting to go work out. except my reason is.....i have a sports injury! ME!?

who would have ever thought i would?

my knee is aching (right above the bendy part-more muscle than bone) because i worked really hard yesterday on elliptical, stepper and treadmill. yep, all in one day.

but then again? i dont want to go any day!

thats the truth!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #11  

Okay....bend over.....

Now get back on track and keep it movin'!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #12  
No longer super size!!!

Thanks you guys! I went and did my 30 minutes at the gym. I feel so much better now, nice and energized. Earlier I was feeling like a slug - I know that working out will make me feel better, but I'm sure the support from you guys was an added boost. And I'm going to do an hour (weights and cardio) in the morning!!! Thanks again!
Closed Thread