Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #1  

Default Maybe Im just being inpatient but...

I'm getting a tad frustrated I lost a ton of weight last week and weighed in at 210 on Sunday well now its Wensday and I weighed in at 211 I dont get it I'm eating healthy exercising drinking plenty of water. I don't get it!

Ok that was my vent sorry I'm just frustrated.
John89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Weight loss is frustrating!!
You've just gotta keep plugging along and know that you're doing the right thing.
Maybe you lost too much too fast. 1-2 lbs per week is a good healthy, maintainable weight loss. You are going to have ups and downs though. Maybe try only weighing once per week. ??

Best wishes
Don't give up!!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

John, breathe! There will be day to day fluctuations on the scale - water weight (not just for women!) due to sodium, heat/humidity, or the planets lining up! Also, if you are exercising, you may retain fluids, while your muscles repair themselves. Are you weighing in every day? In the morning, or when the mood strikes? Some here weigh in every day, others weekly, while others wait for a month before stepping on the scale. Give it time, and allow your body to adjust to that loss you just had.

Congrats on your progress!!! Like anything worthwhile, it will take time.
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

John -- One of the first things that it helps to realize about weight loss is that the scale fluctuates!

Remember that you are trying to lose FAT, but the scale weighs ALL of you. It's an imperfect tool to measure fat loss.

Please check out the sticky at the top of this forum about all the reasons the scale can fluctuate!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115826

So, please don't get frustrated, you're doing great and things are progressing normally!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I think the sticky that Heather mentioned should be required reading for EVERYONE who weighs in regularly. Read the sticky and embrace all of the wonderful reasons the scale can mess with your mind.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It is normal for your weight to fluctuate. Weighing just once a week keeps you from seeing the fluctuations.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #7  

Thanks guys I knew all this I just needed to vent.
John89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #8  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

John,

I agree with the 'Breathe!' suggestion.
Don't despair. The scale is a tricky little sucker and it will try to play tricks with your mind. Very recently, my weight went up during a single day by a whole number of pounds, regardless whether I ate or not. This was an exceptional thing, because normally I don't pull the scale out until the end of each month.
Can you perhaps try weighing yourself less often? It can be VERY frustrating.
I did not not lose almost anything during my first month at all, only then the number started to move south.

You will get there - just give yourself time and mainly, persist with your exercise and good eating habits.

Last edited by Tomato; 07-09-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

John -- The real answer is that your scale is evil. It is messing with your head. It wants you to fail. You cannot give it that satisfaction! Be strong!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote