Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #1  
Nom nom nom :3

S/C/G: 247.5/247.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Only day 1 and I have the shakes?

Hullo guys

I apologise for any typos, my hands are shaking like mad!

It's my first officil day on the weight watchers points system which is the diet that hs worked best for me in the past. However a couple of hours ago I started to really get the shakes and go light-headed, and i'd eaten half my points for breakfast and lunch already. So I had a snack which cured the shakes for a while, but now theyre back again. You mnow that feeling when you just feel physically weak and shaky Its not time for dinnr yet..

I dont know what to do... its only day 1 and physically i'm failing, my motivation is slipping and I feel like i've failed already.

I'm eating the same amount of points that I did the past times i've been on this plan, but the other times I was fine. I dont get it

Any tips?
Furret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

If you're diabetic or just your bloodsugar is low then you will get the shakes. Don't feel like you've failed!! That you came and asked for help is really amazing.

You might want to drink some milk or eat something with substance to it. Are you eating only diet foods and low calorie foods?

You might need to take in more calories depending on your weight. It just sounds like you aren't getting enough food. Maybe you are doing it a little too drastic?
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #3  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

I don't know how the point system works exactly, so I can't give you any advice on that. I can say that if you're body is shaky, you need to eat. Light headedness, fatigue, shaking, etc aren't things to just ignore for the sake of weight loss. It's your body saying it's missing something, not just an empty stomach, so don't ignore it.

Try something high fiber with protein - whole wheat bread with peanut butter, or wheat crackers with cheese.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

What are you eating to get to your points?
What we eat is as important as the number of points/calories.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

How many pts are you allowed? How many have you used? And what have you eaten?

My biggest mistake is trying to save a large number of pts for dinner... then I wind up hungry the rest of the day and I find I then tend to over eat. For me planning is huge so I can get the most for my points.

Last edited by sotypical; 07-09-2008 at 02:53 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Try checking with the folks in the 3FC Weight Watchers Forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

The WW program should always allow you something that you can eat if this happens. I'd say that you're simply adjusting, but ask those who are more in the know...

Drink water, take it easy! You're not failing, really!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

*Hugs*

Yeah, you just need to keep a stable blood sugar level throughout the day. Make sure you eat plenty of complex carbs (and not so many simple ones; they can turn into sugar and in normal insulin-producing people, this causes your pancreas to release too much insulin into your body which causes that shaky feeling).

Also, like GamerChick said, maybe you cut too many calories too quickly and your body isn't quite used to it. Try eating small, frequent meals throughout the day also... as soon as you feel a twinge of hunger coming on, eat something small. Make sure you're eating fresh, clean foods - that way, you can eat more and still use the same amount of points.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #8  
Nom nom nom :3

S/C/G: 247.5/247.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for your help everyone *big hugs* ^_^

I disappointed myself by eating slightly over this evening (I cracked in the end, lol :P) But I didnt eat more than I usually would have and I did well the rest of the day... theres still 6 days for me to do it So i'll start again tomorrow. I'll plan better too :P

Thanks so much for your help *huggles everyone*
Furret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Just wondering if you're used to drinking alcoholic beverages daily? I quit drinking the day I started counting calories, (I drank 3-6 drinks nightly). I thought I might be going through a mild case of the DT's. I was a mess for about a week. Weak, tired, dizzy, light headed, head aches, breathing difficulties etc. It was kind of scary. I went to see the doctor, and after several test to rule out serious problems she said it was anxiety.

I had been self medicating myself for years with alcohol, I had never noticed it. The Anexiety comes and goes now. I get it for a few weeks then it goes away for a while. Probably PMS related it seems. Now I just need to find a non-addictive way to fight the anxiety and I'll be great...LOL

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-09-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Sounds like you might be getting blood-sugar dips which happens following a meal with simple carbohydrates in. If you tell us what you ate someone may be able to tell you other alternatives which are low GI and allow slow release of energy rather than a sudden rush and the consequent crash.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #11  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Agreed with the others--- points are just one measurement of your diet. WHAT you eat is also a big deal.

I know for me I'm a volume eater and I like to be FULL. When 2 tbsp of peanut butter has almost 200 calories, I would much rather eat 9 ounces of chicken breast and a super low calorie salad!!!! You might be eating really high calorie foods and going through your points too fast, without actually filling up your body at all or supplying it with NUTRITION!

Sure, we could lose weight eating 27 points worth of M&M's a day... but we'd be STARVING and nutritionally depreciated.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote