Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Wednesday, July 9

Guess I will start it off...hope I did it right!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Okay, so I think that worked....it is raining here so I hope the kiddos will still get to go to the pool today. I am going to give a Pilates/Yoga DVD a try here in a minute. There was a lady at WW who said that the only way she got a flat stomach was from Pilates...so here goes. I hope all have a happy hump day...almost there....Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #3  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good morning

Hope everyone has a good day. It is okay on this end. The DH and myself got into a heated argument last night. Over stuff being taken from his truck. I finally just told him. You know what your brief case got stolen there is nothing you can do to change it. You just need to get over it. He is an obsessive person. He will harp on something for months. Sometimes it just drives me crazy. We have done what we needed to do. We just need to move on and deal with things as they are thrown at us. So needless to say we went to bed mad at each other and woke up mad at each other.

I will talk to yall later. Have a good one.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

I did pilates for a while a few years ago but lost interest in it. My daughter (age 11) loves yoga and uses the videos from our ON DEMAND thru comcast cable. There are a lot of them. Maybe I'll try some. I just have a hard time twisting my body the way they do being so overweight... my belly gets in the way. AND my RA is in full force right now but maybe it would help limber me up? Who knows!! LOL

If I look like a pretzel tomorrow, you'll know what happened. LOL

Have a fab Wednesday all!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-09-2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: spelling
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #5  
fergi

Poppy my daughter who is 12 also does the yoga from the cable. She loves it. She also does my core ball workout videos and walks on the treadmill. I think she is going to be one of those people that loves to work out. She is funny. I think she is going to end up being a vegetarian as well. She is not big on meat.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #6  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

Haven't been around much at all lately. Seeing lots of new names :-) I've been blogging but not doing anything on the message boards. Summertime is exhausting! lol

Currently job hunting and maintaining although I'm trying to get back on track so the scale starts moving again

Funny, I was just thinking about pilates this morning during my walk. I've heard alot about pilates and your abs but I have NEVER tried it...

Hope everyone has a great day!
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #7  

good morning!

oh my gosh....is it HOT anywhere else except here???...yesterday was 102 today is supposed to be 105!!

like a dummy i got on the treadmill last night...too hot..bad choice....but i felt i needed to excercise...only got in 20 minutes...better than nothing i suppose

erin: the kids swim in the rain??...i think that would be fun...not a cold rain i am thinking

fergi: my son holds on to things soemtimes....he is almost 17...here is this thing i gave to him it says
you can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-anyalyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened...or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the $#%^ on he liked it...it makes sense....try to have a good day!

poppy: our in demand just got here...noticed it yesterday...ill have to check out what we have for excercise on there...have a good one...

beach: welcome back...good luck with the job hunt

well...gotta go get the little guy up...have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/180/140

I am new to 3FC but I love it already. I have never even joined a forum or anything like it. So I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in here to.

I really like doing Yoga at home because I feel it something I could get into. No matter how fat I have gotten I'm still flexable which is kinda strange. The only bad thing is I have no balance so I'm kinda funny to watch.

I think my son is going to be a vegetarian to he really hates meat and always has. When he was 2 he cried when I made him eat chicken and I thought it was because he wasn't getting his way. Later he told me "mommy chickens are nice and they are my friends I don't want to eat them". This is so foreign to me because we live in a Farm town. My mom grew up on a ranch and most of my family have been ranchers. I don't even know a vegetarian!
Miltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #9  
fergi

Miltrez I am like you. I grew up on a farm. We raised animals to eat. I am a meat and potatoes girl. I grew up on soul food and love every bit of it. I just wish I could cook it like my mom does.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #10  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

good morning everyone!

Kinda rainy here again, I like the rainy days sometimes, feels kinda like the weather's "downtime". Had a bad day yesterday...just lots of things going wrong. DH ended up coming home from work early and things got better from then on. I just remembered that my step-mother is watching the kids this morning for a few hours, I will enjoy the break. Maybe do a little scrapbooking - sounds like a nice rainy day activity. I think I will do my pilates today, funny that so many people were thinking about it! I find it really does help keep me toned, I need to find some new ones though, I hate doing the same thing every time.

Miltrez, had to laugh at what your DS said, my kids love meat, but I can just hear a little voice saying that about the chicken. sooo cute! How old is your DS now? Welcome to 3FC.

Fergi, sorry about your hard night and morning, I hate it when DH and I fight. Makes everything else hard too.

Christina, I am so glad it isn't that hot here, I'd melt!!! do you have air-conditioning?

beach, good luck with the job hunt, what kind of work are you looking for?

Erin, Great idea about the pool, I haven't brought the kids in eons! How do you manage both by yourself in the locker room? I am a little aprehensive (sp?) about that part.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #11  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

I remember one time I was making baked chicken. I always wash the chicken and then slather it with herbs and spices. My DS who was pretty young then (maybe 3-6 yrs old) came in to the kitchen. He was watching me put the spices all over the chicken.. I had the bright idea of picking the chicken up and acting like it was dancing. He was mortified because he just suddenly realized it was a "chicken!" He didn't eat chicken for months or maybe a year after that...
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

Hope all are having a great Hump Day!

Miltrez, WELCOME! I used to think my DD would be a vegetarian. She didn't like any meat. She did like milk and eggs though. One day, we went out to eat and she asked for steak. She was proabably 6 or 7 and she ate a huge plate with steak on it. It was so funny. Even today she's not a big meat eater.

Toni, hope your enjoying your time to yourself. Have you had any luck with your dd sleeping?

Beachmomma, nice to see you back. I can relate to your ds, when I was young and found out an egg came out of a chickens butt, I couldn't eat eggs for a very long time!

Not alot going on here right now, I'll check back later.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmomma View Post
I remember one time I was making baked chicken. I always wash the chicken and then slather it with herbs and spices. My DS who was pretty young then (maybe 3-6 yrs old) came in to the kitchen. He was watching me put the spices all over the chicken.. I had the bright idea of picking the chicken up and acting like it was dancing. He was mortified because he just suddenly realized it was a "chicken!" He didn't eat chicken for months or maybe a year after that...

That is so funny!! In our house everything dances... chickens, crab legs at the restaurant... you name it, it dances!!! ROFLMAO!!! Funny story!!!

(dancing carrots)
:c arrot:
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #14  

HELLOOOOO LADIES!!!

Sounds like everyone is havign a good day. Went food shopping then to pick up kiddos from VBS...they are really loving it. I' think I'll sign them up for another one in August at a different church. Need to still get the food put away, then I have a TON of fruit to cut up. No one eats it unless it's in the fridge ready to go. DH loves fruit salads for lunch, too.

Speaking of yoga, I love it. Used to do it alot after #1 was born. Probably was in the best shape of my life then. Hmm, I guess I should get back into it, eh? I got bored with it after about a year...need to get some new tapes, maybe.

Erin, have fun with the Pilates...that is a great workout too!!

Fergi, hope you & DH are fine now. Sometimes they (and we) need to be told to get over things, KWIM??

Beach, welcome back!!! WE've missed you!!

Christina, it's only 85 here today, but the humidity is ungodly!!!

Miltrez, welcome to our part of the board!!! It's lots of fun here!

Hey toni, hope you enjoyed your break from the kids!!

Alicia, how's things looking for a new job?? How are the kids doing?

Joan, where are you?? The kids must be running you crazy!! I miss you!!

Hanna, Lauren, Kerry, Karen, Lisa, GG, etc...hey gals!!!

well, hope all my girls are well. Gotta go get the fruit cut up, then get dinner ready.

Will check in tomorrow.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #15  
KAR

Afternoon everyone,
Just had a lazy kind of day after I got home from the dentist's this morning. But I did get up and do a 30 minute workout before I went. So I got it in for the day. I might go out to the lake and take a walk this evening, if it is not raining.
Welcome, Miltrez! You will love it!
Pam sounds like you had a nice day! Enjoy your fruit! That is how it is at my house too.
Alicia how was work this week? I hope well! So any big plans for the next couple of days?
Erin, hope you were able to still go to the pool. I have tried pilates but I am not skinny enough yet to get the moves right. Hope you enjoyed it!
Toni, did you enjoy your time to yourself this morning? Get any scrapbooking done? Hope your day turned out good for you.
Christina, it has been very humid here in Ohio the last couple of days. I enjoy it when it is cool in the evenings, though. Hope everything is going well for you.
Fergi, don't you hate it when your dh can't let go of something. Mine holds grudges and stews over things for the longest time. But he excepts me to drop it shortly after it happens and move on. Hope you have made up with your dh or things are getting a little bit better.
Poppyseeds, did you have a better day at work? I hope so! I have been thinking about you and your nasty boss. Sending positive thoughts your way!
I know what it is like to have a boss like that. My current boss is an ex-Marinie and tries to run the school like that. Doesn't work especially with my special needs students! So I feel your pain. So are you shaped like a pretzel yet?
Hi to everyone else! Have to help dh make dinner. We are having Hot Italian Saugage with peppers and onions and fresh ears of corn. So that should be a good dinner.
Chat with everyone later!
Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote