Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Talking Binge Free Challenge ~ July 7 - July 13

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone! Today marks one month binge-free for me. I hope you're all doing well.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/163/120

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning,

Congratulations Mongoose on your 30 days! [I thought you looked bee-U-tiful in the prom pix BTW .]

I would like to join in this week. I am back on track after a couple of setbacks. This is day 7 binge free for me. Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

~Wistfulgirl
Old 07-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/158/140

Height: 5'7

15 days binge-free. I am thrilled. This is the first time in many, many years.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'3

Hello

I'm new on this thread. I'm a chronic binge eater looking for help everywhere.

I'm binge free today and just holding on. I get into these lost moods.

I have tried OA but just don't feel it's for me.

Thank you everyone on this thread for inspiring me

Luv Spirit (Susie)
Old 07-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #6  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations mongoose, wistful and moonbeam.

Welcome, Spirit! You have come to the right place.

I am back to day 1 and trying to hold on.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #7  
Queen of the World

S/C/G: 256/256/190

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

This is day eight for me. I'm still nervous about my trip and what it will do weight wise to me. I don't think I will have time or the energy to binge. I finished the first leg of the trip and I am at my parents house in Las Vegas. Thursday I will be heading for Alaska. I won't be able to weigh in this week. Maybe it's a good thing. See ya' 'round the boards.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone and congrats on your progress! I am also 7 days binge free and it feels great. This week is going to be a big challenge though. I have training #2 starting for my work (as an online instructor) tomorrow and I'm excited but also nervous because I know how demanding these trainings can be. I've managed to work ahead just a little but it's tough when I have 50 student assignments to grade from the courses I'm teaching now. I'm also still cooling my heels until my mentor for training #3 (the online tutoring job) gets feedback to me and I can't continue with anything until that time. These next 3 weeks are going to be absolutely crazy, but my goal is my Sept to be set in all my jobs and making a decent living for the first time in 5 years.

I'm learning not to push myself too hard with exercises. I used to be very diligent about doing lots of exercises (an hour walk every day, 20-30 minutes of resistance 5x a week, yoga nearly every day) but frankly, with all these trainings, I just don't have the time (unless I want to wake up in the middle of the night!) So I've quit walking (too hot anyway) and just do the 20-30 minutes 5-6x a week and the yoga when I can. I'm also working on tapering off my TV watching (which is a binge trigger for me) and eating too late at night (I'm still working on that one!) So I'm making some progress...

Tam
Old 07-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #9  

I'm back to day 1 again, but hey, it's a day binge free!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hi Beginme; good luck today.
Wardhog— Don’t be sad… you have been doing really great, right?!!! I can’t remember quite, but I think you went a really long time binge-free .

Tammay are we on the same day? That’s really good, because I have a little trouble keeping track . You have to keep it up, so I will know what day I’m on .
Writermom, Las Vegas and Alaska both! Ooooh what fun!!
Welcome SpiritAngel. It’s great to have you on board.
Moonbeam and Mongoose, congratulations to you both! Keep it up.

I was really really going to work out, but I had a spinach salad for lunch instead, and now I don't have the time. DD is home sick today, so I won't be able to go to the gym this evening. Maybe it's time to try out my exercise ball video (or weightbench?). I need to think of something to do, so that I can get my 5-day reward on Friday! [I know 5 days doesn't seem to be very long, but the long term reward system didn't seem to be working so well....]

We'll see how it goes. Have a great afternoon Everybody!
~Wistfulgirl
Old 07-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

I know I normally get personal, but I need to start fresh from this thread since I was gone for so long!

Hello again all Just back from our giant, family-reunion-4th. We do it every year.

I had already planned in advance that I would be largely off plan all weekend, but am trying to be okay with it since it is a special/once-a-year occasion.

This morning I was up 1.5 lbs from last week, so I have no idea what my Friday weigh in will bring.

So, if I was off plan, but planned for that- do I count that as needing to start again at day zero?
Old 07-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Congrats to everyone here! I think that coming on this board is half the battle, and certainly a step in the right direction.

I'm on Day 22, that is 3 weeks binge free!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #13  
ready to stand

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'1

Just started my weight loss journey..

I've been binge free for the first 2 days, and I'm going to keep it that way this week!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Day 33 for me.

Wistfulgirl- I break my rewards ino shorter periods of time too! Do whatever motivates you best

paris81- for three weeks! Awesome.

Melodyleigh - you have my name in your user name! Hope you are off to a good day 3 today.

I have nothing major planned for today. I need to clean the house a bit since my mother and sister are coming to visit us next week.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon Ladies,
Sorry to say that I’m once again back at day one. I don’t feel as bad as I usually do though, because I seem to learn something each time. This morning I suggested to DH that if he’s going to buy peanut butter, he needs to hide it from me. I’ve mentioned the PB problem before, but it reared its ugly head again last night. I stayed home from work today because DD is still not feeling good. This time DH brought home some 250 kcal chocolate chip cookies. NO!! I noticed later though, that he hid both the peanut butter AND the cookies. It’s the little things that count . I’m sure this might seem childish, but at 9pm it’s all over if I spot either the cookies or the PB. I still snack a little in the evening, but as long as I don’t see those trigger foods, I’m usually okay.
Paris, I agree that this board really helps, even the times I don’t post, it helps me to look at others’ comments. And hooray for your 3 weeks! I can’t wait until I do that
Loveliam, I also cleaned house today, and I’m still on track for my 5-day rewards if I work out tonight… whee! I am trying to get my house cleaned up a little so I can join the ‘chicks up for a challenge/boot camp’ next month. Decluttering your home is part of that challenge and sadly I need a whole month to prepare ….
How is everyone else today?
~Wistfulgirl
Closed Thread