Old 07-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Yesterday was gonna be the day

That I restarted but I still can't seem to pull it together. I'm still self-sabotaging myself with eating and exercise is a non-existent activity in my life. I don't know what combination it was that made me do this but I know that it's something I have to find within myself to get back on track. I'm trying to hang on for now until it comes to me. Part of it is my routine I have during the school year is out the window for the summer and I find myself not wanting to devote the simple 5 minutes it takes to plan out meals and exercise. Then I use the excuse it's too hot to get any exercise in and so I continue that vicious cycle. I think of y'all all the time and have lurked a couple of times.

Thank you for all the messages and words of encouragement. They mean more to me than you will know. I will make more of an effort to be around more often and I know that one of these days I will get it together and be back on track and losing instead of gaining.

I'll share a few pics with y'all. We went camping for the 4th and the kids had a blast.
Nate with his food and getting ready to swim.

William posing in his mud bath.

Lilly having fun

Jeff and I on our 6th anniversary

A couple of random shots I've taken.

barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

You look beautiful and your kids are the CUTEST!!!!

You'll find your way.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #3  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

Wow your pictures came out great. Looks like you guys had fun. Happy Anniversary!!
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/150

Height: 5'2"

You have a beautiful family. And don't worry about doing everything at once I know life is hard. Try to do just a little each day. Babysteps, your not behind just jump in where you are. Remember it dosen't have to be perfect, it just has to get done. A little movement, a little better eating is better than none at all. And before you know it you will be back on track.
lisaslost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I am so glad to see you back!
Whatever it takes to get back on track, you can do it. Post on the daily accountability thread, and the exercise thread. When we stay away from the boards - that is when the trouble starts. You have the support system in place here, take advantage of that!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Those are some great pictures!

You know, it seems like once you hit a certain point, and posted the red dress (gorgeous) pics, you sort of flipped. (I mean that in the most respectful, I-have-flipped-too kind of way!) Maybe you burned out a little, or got scared. But I just wanted to say, don't regain all the weight. It is NOT WORTH IT. You will be so sad if you do that. I know it's hard... I am up 5 pounds myself, and fighting tooth and nail to stay on plan. I don't have the motivation/energy/mojo to do it either, but I think the key to successful weight loss is just DOING it. Whether you feel like it or not, it's your job to be healthy, so you just force yourself until it's habit. I don't want to preach at you, AT ALL. I just don't want you to be sad down the line. Don't give up on yourself. If yesterday's re-start didn't go well, try again today. And tomorrow. And the next day. Until it does go well. You are amazing, and you are worth the effort!

Last edited by Lyn2007; 07-08-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Wow, are you photogenic or what, what a beautiful face! Beautiful kids too. You can do it, we can all do it, just take it one meal at a time if a day is too much to contemplate.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing the pics.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
You know, it seems like once you hit a certain point, and posted the red dress (gorgeous) pics, you sort of flipped. (I mean that in the most respectful, I-have-flipped-too kind of way!) Maybe you burned out a little, or got scared. But I just wanted to say, don't regain all the weight. It is NOT WORTH IT.
Lyn you hit the nail on the head. that was the same weight when I lost my bearings at last time and it seemed like the more determined I was to make it past it the harder it became. Each night I try to sit down and plan even one meal out and I just can't do it. I know what you mean about not gaining it all back. I have gained between 15-20 pounds and am going to keep trying to find something that will work for me.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #10  
No description available.

Hey Dawn,

I know this may seem like strange advice coming from a self-avowed daily weigher, but bear with me.

If there is a certain weight that messes with your mind, put the scale away. For a few weeks at least. Work your plan, you know, the one that has been working for you? But take the scale out of the equation.

After a few weeks, then maybe weigh yourself. But I do know about self-destructive behavior as a certain weight looms.

I'm pulling for you, barby!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #11  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Dawn, maybe try to get back on track by making one small healthy change a day. It might feel less overwhelming that way. If you start to see some results it may be motivating.

It looks like your family had a very nice trip!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, Dawnyal!! We're here when yer ready.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Gorgeous kids. Where are they going to learn how to carve out 5 minutes to make dinner plans?

FROM YOU.

Model the life skills you want them to develop!!!! You have the best, most amazing incentive - 2 precious kids that are watching you and are learning to do what you do.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 AM   #14  

Those are some amazing fireworks! lol... (random, and a bit off topic..)

You're kids are just adorable!

I know how you feel! I'm self-sabotaging myself too!
I just can't seem to pull it together, and "just do it"..
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #15  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

What a great looking family!!

You know what?? If you never lost another pound, you'd still be HOT and LOOK GREAT!!!

How about a promise to yourself to maintain for the summer? give the "dieting" a break and let the anxiety of "getting back on track" go and just do your utmost to maintain what you've lost and not worry about losing more. Maybe once the routine of school kicks back in it might be the natural break that clicks for you? Just a thought

cutie pie kiddies!!!

Last edited by Trazey34; 07-09-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote