General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #1  
3D MOM

S/C/G: 245/233/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Buying Things Too Small

I Don't Know If This Fits Here (pardon The Pun) But I Wanted To Know If Anybody Has Done The Crazy Shopping In A Size Too Small. I'll Go To Buy Something And Think If I But It To Fit I'll Be Comfy But If I Buy It 1 Size Too Small I'll Have To Work Hard To Wear That Size. It Motivates Me To Hang The Outfit Or Whatever It Is On My Bedroom Door So I Have To Look At It. Just Wanted To Know If You Guys Thought It Made Any Sense.
3D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #2  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I DO THE SAME THING . It worked for me years ago but has'nt a long time. So I do know what you are talking about.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

No I haven't done that. I get way angry when things don't fit. Thus discouraged and that leads to eating. I usually try things on, or buy my size via catologs and get super happy when they either are or get to big.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5ft 6

i did that by accident recently, i tried on a pair of jeans which fit nicely, put it back on the hanger but then later that day, changed my mind and bought it. When i tried it on at home it didnt fit at all, could barely even zip it up! I must have tried on the next size up without realising. Anyway, i decided not to take them back but to use them to motivate myself. They fit me nicely now so ive been thinking about doing the same thing again, although it seems a waste to buy clothes i cant wear.
Raemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I tried this and guess what? It didn't work for me, lol. But...I kept that blouse and stuck in the back of the closet and finally got serious and I can wear it now. But I won't do that again. I am getting rid of my clothes that I can't wear any more because I don't want to have something to fall back on...you know, give me a reason to gain the weight back.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #6  

Oh my!!! GUILTY! I stared at my closet this morning at all the clothes I WILL fit into (someday). Tags still attached. Such bargains they were money wise, but no bargain since I've yet to wear them.
2fat2bphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #7  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't get through the post with all that crazy capitalization.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
No I haven't done that. I get way angry when things don't fit. Thus discouraged and that leads to eating. I usually try things on, or buy my size via catologs and get super happy when they either are or get to big.
You just described me.

The only too-small clothes in my closet are jeans I grew out of 10+ years ago and have kept moving from home to home with the attitude of, "I'll magically get slim again and be able to wear them again." At least today I can actually see that happening...but it's not magic, it's hard work.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

I do it! And it works for me.. it's a mind game! If I get a temptation to eat something that I shouldn't .. I go try on my pair of "dream jeans".. then I get the strength to say "no" to the temptation!!

Last edited by aerogora; 07-08-2008 at 09:40 PM.
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I don't do it intentionally .. .but I do have 2 cute dresses that I bought at Sam's Club that are just a hair too small that I'm using for motivation. I bought them in a size that I can wear in most styles, but this manufacturer obviously sizes a little small. So technically I didn't buy clothes that are too small ... I just got 2 dresses that are cut small.

Either way, they're working as good motivation for me.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #11  
Operator265

I don't buy small clothes, but I have kept a few special pieces that I want to get back into. My first one will be the dress I wore to my nieces wedding. I was about 165 then, but I would like to be able to get into it w/o the damned girdle. So, hopefully at 160 I can do it.

I could only really wear it to xmas parties and such, but still....
Old 07-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #12  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I bought a scrub top that was too small today...but it's just slightly too small in the hips. It was a good deal with a print I like on it, so I snatched it up. I know I'll fit into it soon!

I also have a closet full of sweaters, blouses, and trousers I can't wear at the moment. But I did fit into them at one point, and I just never got rid of them after.
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I bought a really cute shirt that is just a bit tight in the belly for me. I plan on wearing it in our Christmas photos that we will be taking in October. I'm thinking that with my renewed sense of dedication and my DH's unwavering support lately, that it will fit me beautifully but then.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

I do it!! I am actually having great luck with it.I only buy things on clearance ...dirt cheap!! I am wearing jeans i bought in a size 20 when i was in a 26. It feels so great to wear them!! I noticed that they are starting to get loose. Now time for 18s ..that wont fit for a few months.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #15  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

oh boy... i've done this but can't do it often. I don't have the money to buy new clothes so if I find something on clearance then I might pick it up. But about 10 months ago I gave away ALL, i repeat, ALLLLLL (about 11 pairs of pants ) of my size 12 and 14 jeans to my friend that was smaller than me and could fit. I thought I'd never fit in them again. But now I'm fitting in 14's and asked her if she had any that she didn't like or didn't wear and sucks to be me... she likes and wears them all... I can't justify taking or asking for any of them back! So now I wear my 16's and swim in them all day. I can still wear them with a belt but soon they wont fit at all and i'll have to find some cheap 14's... oh well...maybe i'll try salvation army or good will stores!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote