Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #1  

Default ''Discovered'' Laughing Cow lite cheese! I'm in love!

I love cheese of almost any kind, and I've seen where many ''chicks'' on here sang praises about LC cheese.

Well, I found it this morning and it is the best thing ever! So rich and creamy, full of taste, totally not what I expected for a ''lite'' cheese. Wow, how do you not sit down and eat the whole block of it?

Does anyone have any recipes for using it?

Last edited by fourangelsmommie; 07-07-2008 at 08:22 PM.
fourangelsmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #2  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I like to take a chicken breast and pound it flat with a meat mallet, then spread it with 1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese, 1 tsp dijon mustard, and whatever other herbs and fillings I feel like (some ideas to try are spinach and roasted red pepper, or deli ham, or sliced apricot and fresh basil), then stick it under the broiler until the chicken is cooked. Sometimes I top it with a sauce (such as marinara sauce or chutney) and eat it over polenta (pre-cooked from a tube). It makes a nice, quick, low calorie meal.

I also use the wedges as a sandwich spread, put them in egg-white omelets (I cut the wedge into four or five slices), or spread them on low cal wraps. A great snack is a low cal wrap with one wedge laughing cow cheese and some sliced apple or deli meat.

I don't really like the wedges by themselves, I only like them spread on other things, so eating a whole block is never a problem for me.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 07-07-2008 at 09:03 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I finally got around to buying it myself this weekend. Im also in love with it. I bought the French Onion and its great on a Bagel.
IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Mmmmmmmm, I love it too! Since I found it a couple months ago, it's all I use on burgers and sandwiches. No more fake plastic fat-free cheese slices for me!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #5  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

My go-to lunch (brunch, dinner, snack...) in college was a lox bagel from Einstein's, but nowadays they are too expensive AND too unhealthy for me.
But I put smoked salmon from Trader Joes on whole wheat bread with laughing cow cheese spread on both slices of bread (one wedge cut in half) and some slices of tomato or red onion, and I like it even better!

Also, laughing cow is really good on a whole wheat english muffin with a dab of honey or orange marmalade.
mariarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/297/160

Height: 5'6

I love this cheese...especially the French Onion...and the wedges make a serving seem so fulfilling...I like to spread it on celery or on Triscuits...yum!
KellyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Great stuff! My fav is the garlic herb - I love it just with crackers (Wasa or whatever). Hungrygirl.com has some recipes for things like mock pasta alfredo made with Laughing Cow.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:10 AM   #8  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariarose View Post
My go-to lunch (brunch, dinner, snack...) in college was a lox bagel from Einstein's, but nowadays they are too expensive AND too unhealthy for me.
But I put smoked salmon from Trader Joes on whole wheat bread with laughing cow cheese spread on both slices of bread (one wedge cut in half) and some slices of tomato or red onion, and I like it even better!
Mmmm. Don't forget the capers!
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #9  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

I'm definitely a fan of LC alfredo sauce and LC grilled cheese!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

The alfredo sauce from HG was good! I didn't use those tofu noodles though. LC grilled cheese sounds good too....

I also loved it spread on wasa! eating that now!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote