South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Torrid Tuesday's Beach Chat

Good morning! It's a 3-H kind of day, and the humidity is intolerable already. I had a great time at my DD's, although she took a nasty fall down her porch steps that resulted in a broken thumb and badly sprained wrist. So she'll be in a cast for most of the summer, which is a real bummer, but it could have been worse. But we did go see "Les Mis", and it was phenomenal. Probably the best show I've ever seen! I got back late yesterday afternoon, in time to get ready to take Jake out for a nice dinner to celebrate his birthday.

This morning I have a hairdresser's appointment, and since it's near a mall, I think I'll indulge in a mall-crawl afterwards. I'm thoroughly enjoying my "staycation" so far!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Staycation"! I love it! Bummer about DD's fall. Casts are itchy in summer. Hug Jake and enjoy your day.

Yesterday was a good day in all ways as I got the judging done, finished quilt borders and had a lovely relaxed dinner at sister Joan's place. She served a great ww pasta dish, salad and strawberries and yogurt so I stayed on track. I can adjust my tracker again today.

We have a HHH day coming up - real summer at last. I have some new plants to bung in over at the Fairground and will try to do that first thing this morning. Then the rest of the day can be inside my AC house. Hersh and I do have to go out at 5 to do pet therapy and then will come home and grill chicken and veggies. I love my new BBQ!

How torrid is your Tuesday? Are there some parts you can share?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hey Cottage and Ruth! It's been a lounging kinda day for me. I hoped to be productive and organize and dejunk my home office... well the day is 2/3 finished... getting my dishes washed was about as productive as it's been! My jaw pain comes and goes... lucky ibuprofen numbs the pain!

Cottage... have fun doing your mall crawl... "staycation"... I can relate.

Ruth... What fun! I love BBQ's

The rest of ya chickies... Have a great day!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage- Les Mis. Sigh! I'm jealous!

Ruth - Congrats on the ticker move! Enjoy the AC...I know I will!

Indigal - Hope the day is productive....well, if you want it to be

Me - Longer day at work today, and last time I checked, it'll be really busy. I've realized this is the 4th day of a fever, and I should look into going to the doctor. So, I'm afraid I'm going to be exhausted by tonight! Nothing else exciting though.... except for hiding from the heat!

Hope you all are well!!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

A very early Morning!
I was @ work at 6:30 Pass the
Cottage Ouch for DD but Sigh! Le Mis My sis used to have the music and we'd sing it all over the house (she'd sing I'd kinda screech) Staycation sounds dreamy!
Ruth that dinner sounds great! Yay on the tracker!
Indi and Twyn please take care of yourselves!!
Me: I think I'm going to reverse into Ph 1 after my foods gone. Right now I have everything automated for the week so I'll work in reverse a bit
Working BECK (slowly) has really been helping the way I think!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, I have about 2.5 seconds on the computer as the kids are lined up waiting for there turn. I never get computer time in the summer.
Eating has been terrible and I feel like heck.
My day is going to be busy organizing for a bit, my dad is coming home on friday and I can't wait. It has been two years since I have seen him. My girls are pretty excited as well. He is staying with us for a month.
Cottage your day sounds fab
Ruth you are ever so busy, glad you had a great time at your sisters.
indi have fun organzing.
Twynn hope your work day flies by.
KO I need to get the Beck book. Did you order yours online?
Well must dash they are over my shoulder waiting their turn. Off to tidy the kitchen.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh Cottage so sorry about your DD

hi all... scale is up.. IBS is flaring.

yesterday DH started his treatment for lympaedema and i dont' think he will finish... it's rather difficult and he will have to wear ugly leg garments daily and at night for the rest of his life. really sad... and he's angry. oh well... his choice. right now the way he is i wish he would just go away. far away. forever. but he won't so i figure out how to make this work.

yesterday DH spilled tea on his laptop so we took it to best buy to get it repaired.... it has a contract. i asked if they had a WII. they did. and a WII FIT and YES I GOT BOTH!

it rocks. my ankle is killing me but it was so much fun to do....

ok must work.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Okay.... KO what's Beck? I assume your not talking about the beer or the muscian... Though either one of those could effect the way one thinks!

TwynnB... I'm over the hump of attempts of being productive for the day.... And working hard to keep it as unproductive as I can! as I go into the evening hours!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning all

Cottage what is the 3rd H for? I get hot and humid(we have that here). Staycation is what we are doing this summer kids are to busy to get any time away.

Ruth-enjoy the AC. Does Disney go yet with you and Hershey for the visits or is she in training?

Indigal and TwynnB- Hope your day gets you feeling better.

KO- that is what I am doing this week. Stepping back and trying to get the vege intake back up.

Littlechick- I have the same problem with the kids. Wish they would do the cleaning up first and then look for the computer.

Nessa-WOW you get to work early..

for me it is still swimming and the kids are going to be upset today because I just saw what time it was...I gotta go have a great day and a safe one.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

Cottage sorry about DD

Enjoy your day Ruth

Twynn I hope all is well with the fever

Nessa enjoy wii fit i hear it's great

Haven't goy my test results back from doc and I'm still feeling fatigued and blood pressure has been going from real low to real high with lil to no inbetween. Today I feel like I could just sleep.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quick hey and fly by...running kind of late. Did the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred this morning for the first time...OMG. huff, puff...I am pouring buckets.
need to hop in the tub and get on the road for chores..
Old 07-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Quick check in for me, very busy day today as I only worked half a day yesterday because I had to pick DS up at the airport at 11 returning from his 10 day stint in DC. Got to work at 2 and needless to say it is hard to start your day then when you are supposed to be on the downside of the day.

Nessa I am so freaking jealous you got a wii fit!!! I have been trying for weeks to find one. We went to Toys R Us Sunday and they had received 8 and sold them via lottery! UGH!

Trying real hard to get the eating back in check this week, Sunday I was over my redline, and even though I know much of it was water from all the crap I ate Saturday it was still scary to see a number I haven't seen since August!

Gotta run, have a great day ladies!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 07-08-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxsunflower View Post

Nessa-WOW you get to work early..

for me it is still swimming and the kids are going to be upset today because I just saw what time it was...I gotta go have a great day and a safe one.

actually I got here at 7 which is later than I like.

have fun swimming
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacergal29 View Post
Quick check in for me, very busy day today as I only worked half a day yesterday because I had to pick DS up at the airport at 11 returning from his 10 day stint in DC. Got to work at 2 and needless to say it is hard to start your day then when you are supposed to be on the downside of the day.

Nessa I am so freaking jealous you got a wii fit!!! I have been trying for weeks to find one. We went to Toys R Us Sunday and they had received 8 and sold them via lottery! UGH!

Trying real hard to get the eating back in check this week, Sunday I was over my redline, and even though I know much of it was water from all the crap I ate Saturday it was still scary to see a number I haven't seen since August!

Gotta run, have a great day ladies!
check best buy that's where we got ours.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls

Cottage - sorry to hear about DD's wrist. Casts - especially in summer - are no fun.

Ruth - Congrats on the scale moving

Indigirl - I can definitely relate to that feeling!

Twynn - feel better, girl. Stay cool!

KO - Beck is a really great system.

Little Chick - and that is reason 398,984 to have our own computers. Thank god. Have fun with the kiddos today.

Nessa - IBS - icky. Feel better. Congrats on the Wii and Wii fit! I'm so jealous. What exactly does DH have and what is the treatment for it? Doesn't sound fun.

Phxsunflower - have fun swimming! What a great thing on a hot day!

gonnebe - Here's to the doctors figuring out what is the problem - and quickly! Feel better.

--

I have an OB appointment this afternoon. I'm going to try and get DH to go to lunch with me before the appointment, but he said he is pretty busy today with dissertation revisions...so, we'll see.

I finally got the kick in the pants I needed to actually clean yesterday. I don't know if I'm just starting to feel the lesser fatigue of second trimester or what, but I cleaned all day yesterday. I had been doing just the bare minimums for quite some time. It feels so much better! I still have a bit to do - bathrooms, master bedroom and spare bedroom (cleaning the closet) but hopefully I'll be able to get that knocked out in the next few days. I also have a ton of laundry to fold. I would gladly pay someone to do that job for me....it is easily my least favorite job of all time. Thank god for sparkling wood floors - they were looking so dingy.

Last night was nephew's championship little leaque game. There was a bad call on the officials behalf that cost them the game...they were really disappointed, but at least they made it to the championships - out of 12 teams, that is quite a feat! Went out for pizza to celebrate - regretted it later even though I had a veggie pizza. Heartburn kept me up all night

Have a great day, ladies!
Closed Thread