Thread: I'm discouraged
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #13
luckymommy
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Knowledge is power. You have some more info about yourself, so don't feel defeated...feel empowered. Hang in there and jump back on that wagon! You can do it because you already have done it....you just gotta do it some more! Big hugs to you....we all feel defeated by what we view as our failures....but if we feel empowered with the knowledge of what happened, why it happend and what we can do about it....well, that's the ultimate power. Weight loss, as you probably already know, is not about motivation. It's about commitment and consistency. You have had many more good days than bad...many! Just be commited to your goal and forgive yourself because the ability to resist temptation can only last so long. Also, sometimes, when I slip up and get back on and work extra hard for a week or so, I find that my body is tricked into losing more weight than normal because it doesn't expect this and anything new (even some binges) can lead to a jolt to the system! Just don't beat yourself up because that will accomplish nothing good. Hugs to you!