South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick-Check - July 6 - 12

Please post you successes, problems and helpful hints in this thread where we can all share. If you are new, feel free to join in - there's lots of support here.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I started phase 1 on Wednesday and I'm doing fine with it. Have definitely lost my appetite, though. I'm sitting here trying to force down some fat-free yogurt and can't manage very much. Is this normal on Phase 1? I guess it's a good thing, it just feels so weird to me to not be hungry- I'm usually always hungry!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/240/164

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm on Day 2

Hi,
I started yesterday and had a pretty good day. Got a little shaky before lunch and a bit grumpy before dinner. All in all though, much better than the last time I attempted this. I think beans helped, I had hummus for a snack and the taco bake for dinner and I think the good carbs helped.

I've already had some crustless spinach quiche for breakfast and I'm about to take a walk.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #4  
TimeForChange

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5,4"

Lulumum, the same thing happened to me.....I couldn't eat all my snacks because I was just not hungry (sometimes I was a bit on the naeusous side)....it has been two weeks for me and there are days when I am still to full or not hungry to eat everything....not sure if it is normal or not but i am sure we can't be the only ones .....
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #5  
TimeForChange

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5,4"

Well I weighed in this morning to see how much i lost in phase 1 totalled...I lose 6.5 lbs the first week and only 2 lbs the second week.....which has me very worried since I didn't cheat at all and now I am wondering what will happen when i introduce carbs this week if i only lost 2 lbs last week without carbs....I am affraid my weight loss with come to a stand still or gain now.....I guess the next couple of weeks will be critical for me to know what my body is going to do......
Old 07-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 148/133/125

Height: 5'4"

been doing good and haven't cheated. Seems like my weight loss has slowed down or stalled altogether. Lost about 6-7 punds altogether. i am going to try to be patient and wait til the end of the phase (thursday am) to see what happens. I don't mind phase 1 just want to lose the weight!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Greeneyes, your weight loss mirrored mine exactly in Phase I. I continued to lose about 1.5# per week in Phase II, so don't worry. Just take it slow like others advised.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/228/150

Height: 5'

Smile

It's day 8 of phase 1.5 for me. I'm not sure how much weight I've lost. I just bought a new scale yesterday. I'm pretty sure I had gained some since the last time I was at the dr. and now I'm about 4 pounds lower than that. So a net weight loss of 4 lbs for the last 5 weeks.

I'm doing pretty well. I stayed on plan for the most part. We went to my in-laws for the 4th and they ordered BBQ. I'm sure it was higher in fat than allowed. The sauce was hot rather than sweet, but it may have had sugar in it. I did get ww buns and a bunch of veggies to take with me. I said no to brownies and ice cream

Lulumum: I have been feeling very tired and not hungry as well. At first I know it was the lipator. I was taking it at night but I forgot it more than I remembered it, so I switched it to morning with my other meds. It made me soooo tired! I had trouble getting out of bed and would fall asleep or get really sleepy during the day. I stopped it and felt better for a couple of days. The last couple of days I've been tired again, but nothing like the first of the week. My appetite is still off.

Still not exercising like I should be due to the fatigue. I got the Supercharged book and plan to start that asap. I have to get up early to walk here before it gets hot. I just haven't been getting up lol.

Question about the tickers, do I have to redo it every time, or is there a way to just update it?

Have a great week everyone!

Bright Blessings,
Old 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

No need to redo your ticker. Just go to [color=purple] User CP to left on this screen and click on "Update Signature". Scroll down to the ticker code and change the last number in the ##/##/## part. Remember to save.

Here's a demo on mine:

Chickies, don't fret small loss or lack of loss in Phase I. The range 8-13 pounds is for folks who were very overweight and had not been dieting before. Phase I is more for ditching cravings - weightloss is a bonus if it happens!
Old 07-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #10  
PersianPrincess

S/C/G: 265/254/180

Height: 6 ft.

Question: I haven't started yet b/c I am reading the book. I am looking to get started though and was wondering about Starbucks coffee. I get the skinny lattes....so the syrup is splenda sweetened and my milk is fat-free (no whip). Is this okay to continue doing?
Old 07-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #11  
Determined to lose!

ok, I was on this before, fell off, keep saying going back on. My son has moved out of hte house, and i have some recipe's for this week to make my venture exciting. So, hhmm, should I count today? all beachy foods, but not according to the rules... all I had in house was bacon (turkey) and v8, so been eating off that all day!

OK, so plans for tthe week, all from our boards here, chick pea & feta salad, belgiam waffles (i don't own an iron, so will make them pancakes), meatball caserole, and cola chicken.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

DeeAnn. So nice to hear you are reading the book first! Aside from the book, there's lots of good info in the stickies in our FAQ Section.
The coffee sounds just fine. Enjoy!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Here I go again. I had a cheat today so I am back on day one of Phase I tomorrow. At least I didn't keep eating bad foods the rest of the day like I would have in the past. I just finished preparing my chicken breasts and grilled tilapia for the next few days. Good luck to everyone!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #14  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I just started Phase 1 today. I've done a spreadsheet for my week's menu planning. I decided to cut down on my visits to the supermarket. It's nearby, and I fell into the habit of not planning any meals and shopping every day. Now I'll go 3X a week mainly to buy fresh veggies. Since I carbed out over the holiday weekend, I'm feeling rather sluggish today, and not very hungry. I ate breakfast very late, and will probably only have a light lunch. I'm on track and very determined.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #15  
Supermom

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9

doing your meals for the whole week sounds like a great idea. i use the calendar on my computer to plan dinner, but it hadnt occurred to me to use it for other meals too. i had a small chocolate chip cookie last night when i was consoling my niece. (shes sixteen and her first real boyfriend just broke up with her, OVER THE PHONE! while she was ON VACATION!) ugh. this would be day seven of week one, but i guess i have to start over. thats okay though, i think ive been doing really well. i definitely noticed that i am not craving carbs like i used to. i can walk through the mall food court and not have to stop and get something. and ive really gotten into the ricotta cremes as dessert. i flavor the cheese with the Splenda Flavor blends and they are awesome, so, i think thats helping. im excited about this week and know i will do well. everyone sounds like they are right on track!
Closed Thread