Old 07-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Happy 4th of July Weekend Chat!!!

Morning all. Happy 4th day. I do have today off...by luck. The clinic is open...i just got it off. This morning DH and i are taking the mutt walking up the mountain to do the 3FC's 5 k (and to wear out the mutt). Then do some stuff around the house. Then head down to the buckhead area of atlanta. We got a hotel and are going dinner to celebrate our anniversary. There's a big fireworks display there tonight. I do have to work tomorrow, so we have to get up early...oh well (:

Alright all, off i go!

Have a safe and happy 4th!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Morning All,

Slept in til 8 this morning, did a little spiffing up around the house, took the dogs out and got everyone fed and the breakfast mess cleaned up, all I have left to do is get my exercise in and I'm done for the day, YeeHaw!
Its not looking to promising here, its cloudy and they've given us a 50/50 chance of thunderstorms throughout the day but it is supposed to clear off by fireworks time so, we'll have to see how it goes.
Hope everyone has a fantastic 4th!!

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #3  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Ahhhhh.....it finally makes sense, I have having a hard time lately and my weight is resisting all attempts...last night AF reared her ugly head for the first time in over 2 years!!! I kind of feel like I am a normal person again.

Well, happy 4th everyone, the IL's just got back into town, so I am going to bring the kids over there. Clear blue skies for us, great weather, I just got road tires for my bike, I think I will go for a ride today.

Enjoy, everyone.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all!!

Gatorgal... I could never do that much in a day. I would be dead. Have fun!!! LOL

It looks dreary and sad outside so I put out flags and red and blue balloons to brighten up the day. My family and friends are coming around 1pm so I only have a couple of minutes to write.

Since I am getting TOM (woke up with it actually... bleah) and my eating won't be en pointe today (but I will NOT go overboard) I decided to weigh-in a day early... so.... drumroll please...

4 POUNDS GONE FROM MY LIFE FOREVER!!!! YAY!!!!

I cannot wait to update my ticker and my fitday and my 3FC blog!!! But the guests are coming so that'll have to wait....

Have a wonderful... fantastic... safe and healthy 4th of July!!!

Valerie

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-04-2008 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Spelling was scary...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi all!

Happy 4th!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #6  
LBH

Hi All!

I changed the title to a 4th of July Weekend chat, since we didn't have much action and it is a holiday weekend...we usually do that!

Hope everyone's out enjoying themselves!

We finally got our stimulus payment direct deposited Thursday, so we went to Home Depot to get paint and stuff. I'm not sure I'm convinced of the colors I picked out, but we'll see. We got Behr "Grapevine" for either side of the fireplace, and Behr "Creme Brulee" for the rest of the living room, hallway, and dining room. Once we put up some chair rail in the dining room, I'll paint the bottom half, possibly in Behr "Chianti". We'll see if I still like the color then. Not painting this weekend though, have to still do some cleaning up.

We're going to my mom's in a little while for a bbq. Have to be really careful though, because DH & I totally pigged out on "gourmet" homemade burgers last night. And banana splits! It was sad...but really yummy.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Oh Lauren... I love to paint my house!! I just did my bedroom in Willow... it's a light sage green. I bought white furniture and have a seashore theme with lighthouses, seashells, etc. My favorite place int he whole world is the shore, especially Cape May, NJ so I wanted to make my room look like a seaside cottage. If I can't wake up next to the sea for real yet, I've made it look like I'm there... LOL I have white lacy curtains too... I love white lacy curtains. And believe it or not, my husband loves it. He loves the shore too and it reminds him of our trips there and our stays in some of the old Victorian homes. We love it.

Have a great time at your BBQ. I'm OP today completely. I had my BBQ yesterday and we have one tomorrow to go to also. Althought I didn't overeat or anything, I was sick last night and stuck in the bathroom. I started to get sick at the fireworks and couldn't wait to go home.... which was sad because I love them and felt like I was being ripped off.

I think my body said "Um... I liked the healthy stuff... What the heck is this crap? OK... abort mission and go straight thru!!! We'll show her!!!"

LOL

Have a good weekend everyone!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

Lauren, creme brulee, that sounds so yummy. It is hard to pick out colors. Hope you are pleased once you get them up.

GG, hope you and your hubby enjoyed your anniversary.

Yeah, I've not weighed myself, I'm expecting TOM soon myself. I woke up at 5am feeling famished. Went back to sleep and woke up craving bacon. Good thing I didn't have any in the house.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great week!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Hey all ,

Party yesterday was great. Had about55 people total. Expecting two couples to come over any minute now to finish up the kegs and the leftover food Happy to get rid of it.

HOpe everyone had a super day, and has a wonderful rest of the weekend. Will check back in tomorrow.

Later girlies!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #10  
KAR

Hi All,
Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend! Haven't really done much this weekend. Did a lot of nap taking and reading. Finished one book that I was on for about two weeks and started another one. A Night To Remember about the Titanic. Very interesting. Just trying to take it easy. Was headache free for two days and it came back today minus the nosebleed. So I will have to tell the doctor on Monday. Hopefully he can shed some light onto my problem.
GG, sounds like you were going to have a nice 4th. Did you and your dh enjoy your getaway? Hope work wasn't too bad today.
Trish, don't worry I haven't gotten in any exercise in two days. I am starting to go nuts. Yesterday I was just too hung over from the beer I had the night before. Then this morning, I had to help my dh at the pool and then go get his kids. Once we got home, my bil was here with his two grandchildren. So we visited with them since they are leaving on Monday to go back home. Then it was time to make lunch. So then I took a very long nap. So did you get your muskrat?
Toni, how was your bike ride yesterday? I wish I didn't live on such a busy country road or I would ride my bike again. I use to ride my bike all the time growing up. I just don't have the energy to load it up and take it to the bike path to ride it. How are you feeling with AF back in your life? I hope things are going okay with having her back.
Poppyseeds, hope your cookout was a good one yesterday. Congrats on losing 4 pounds! Way to go! I bet you feel proud of yourself. I can relate to the going to the bathroom issue. I have been going to the bathroom alot this weekend, since I was at our friend's cookout on Thursday night.
Lauren, sounds like the colors will be pretty! Your dinner last night sounds yummy! Enjoy yourself at your mom's! Don't eat too much!
Alicia, hope you are feeling better! I hate TOM anymore. Glad that you didn't have any bacon in the house. Then you would really be bloated! We will miss you when you go back to work. Have a good week too!
Pam, sounds like you had a good party yesterday at your house. Enjoy the company tonight and hopefully there will be no food leftover or beer.
Hi to everyone else! Hope you are having a great relaxing weekend!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Evening all. DH and i had a great 4th. The hotel was nice (should be for the $$$ LOL). Stayed across the street from the fireworks. WE could have stayed in our room and seen them perfect, but we wanted to get the full effect. We had a nice dinner..and ended up walking to and from the dinner (over 3 miles total). Needless to say i'm worn out today.....but i survived work. However, i think i'm going to crash early tonight. Hope everyone is well. Night all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys, Hope everyone has been having a wonderful 4th!! I took Alex to see fireworks Thursday night and we had an awesome time!! I'm glad it ended up just being us two, Cass would have freaked out at the noise. We were right in front of where they were firing them. Friday we spent the day at MIL's repairing her grill and having a BBQ, then we had company that evening. Nothing much just hanging out and watching TV. Today we spent at Liberty Science Center. Alex had a blast, he's old enough to start getting the exhibits. Cass, not so much! They had one room that she loved, they had a huge rice table and she spent the longest time shoveling rice and pouring it from cup to cup. I think I may get a huge bag of rice, put it in a container and keep it in the kitchen to keep her entertained while I try to cook. The rest of the time I just chased her around the other exhibits. It was rainy here today so everyone had the same idea...go to LSC!!! It was super crowded. I was afraid I was going to loose her. People could see me following her with an empty stroller and they would just cut me off. GRRR. I just started running through them. She's so tiny I was afraid I would loose sight of her and not be able to find her again!

OK, there I go, typing a novel again!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #13  

I treated myself for the 4th. My all-time favorite holiday! We're usually in Las Vegas but this year there was soooo much going on with everyone that it just didn't work out this year. We won't hit Vegas 'til August.

My DH had to work and the kids were gone so I had a day all to myself. I treated myself to a day at the spa and an ohhhhh so wonderful 80-minute massage. Later, DH and i checked out the last of the fireworks.

I was very happy I was able to stay legal. Even at the spa.

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #14  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

happy 5th of july!

TOM was a big tease?!?! there for a day and gone again, maybe it will come back like this I went from nursing full-time then the depo shot while we waited for DH's vasectomy (no swimmers left by the way!). The combination kept TOM from coming back. Any of you have the depo shot? how long did it take for TOM to return?

had a nice 4th with the kids, went for a bike ride on my new road tires (FIL oiled the bearings too) and OMG, I am in heaven!!! it is so much easier to ride!!! I can't wait to go again!

I have been having a really hard time with keeping my food intake at a reasonable level, so I decided to count calories again for a while to get back on track. If any of you do that, what is your goal range?

Karen, your story of the science center reminds me of taking my kids to the Children's museum in Minneapolis. AMAZING place for kids (both of mine loved it, ages 1.5 and 3 yr-it has areas that are appropriate for a wide range of kids), if you are ever in the area I would highly recommend stopping in.

GG, glad you had such a nice time with your DH does your schedule change every week or do you always have the same days off?

Pam, sound's like a great party! I wish I was closer and I'd stop by and help you with that keg.

Lauren and poppyseeds, I really enjoy painting and sometimes miss being able to change the colors on a whim. Our house doesn't have any sheetrock, and I can't say I was sad about that when we were building. I HATE mudding and taping!!!

Alicia, way to go on making it through the craving! I should probably get all bacon out of my house.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #15  
LBH

Mornin' All!

The Hag woke me up early today (AF) so I got up, showered and started cleaning the bathroom. Sprayed down the shower with SCrubbing Bubbles. GUess I should go scrub soon, huh?

Toni, What's on your walls then?? Log cabin? I love to paint, it's prepping and clean up I hate! My friend had the depo shot a long time ago, I think she said it took 6 months to get AF back.

Sunshine, Glad you had a good time. What do you mean by "stay legal"??

Karen, I've always wanted to take Peter to LSC. Maybe some weekend DH & I can take the boys.

GG, Sounds like a lovely time! Did you stay in Atlanta?

Poppy, I love the shore too! Sounds like a nice theme. I thought about doing the bathroom in a shore theme. I think the color I want the walls is kind of a "jersey shore sand" color anyway.

Have a great day all!