Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #1  
on a mission

Exclamation Whats on your vision board?

http://salubrious-fervor.blogspot.com/

My most recent entry...
That's a picture of my vision board.

The board i look at each day to help me guide my days.

for health
for friends
for family
for kindness
for motivation
for support

What's on your motivation board?
Do you have one? Where do you have it so that you can see it each and every day?

Last edited by Salubrious Fervor; 07-04-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Im a dope
Salubrious Fervor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:40 AM   #2  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

That is a good idea. I think I may do something similar. Images and words that speak to me and motivate and encourage me.

I like it.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:21 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i dont have a motivation board as such....
instead i have several little pieces of motivation....

like a shrink me photograph showing me at 140lbs....
and a quote "difference between success and failure is the determination to succeed"....

its definately a good idea to put the reward milestones in....
i have done nothing like that yet....
i may have to think of some and start....

sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #4  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I stick post-its on my bathroom mirror to remind me of all the reasons I'm doing this. Then I see them every morning and night when I'm brushing my teeth. Right now there's one smack in the middle of the mirror that says 'I am worth it'. I have self-esteem issues so I have trouble remembering that sometimes, but having it written down is helping.

Your board is lovely, though, and I've done those in the past for other goals. I do have a ton of old magazines waiting to be recycled; maybe I'll go through them sometime.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow... I've considered making a vision board for a while, since they talked about it on Oprah with "The Secret" guys. What strikes me funny, though, is that when I was a teenager, my BFF and I made them all the time. Only we didn't have a fancy name for them. We called them collages. They were covered with magazine cut-outs of Coppertone girls and other model-types that we will *never* look like. I think now there would be so many better ways to go. I'm going to get on it! Thanks, salubrious, for the kick in the butt!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #6  

Love your vision board Salubrious! I also saw the Oprah show with "The Secret" theme. I really believe if we can keep the vision of what we want to attain we can make it happen.

Instead of a board, I made a book. It's a small picture album from Wal-Mart, it probably cost $2.00 and is about 4 x 6 inches in size. I've put a few before/after pictures of 3 Fat Chick members who have achieved their goals. I also have some quotes, pictures of clothes I will be able to wear when... and a long list of all of the things that weight loss will allow me to do. The book fits perfectly in a side pocket of my oversized carry all. I take the carry all with me to work everyday so the booklet is right there when ever I'm needing a reminder of what I'm working toward.
mizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #7  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Ha! I've not read The Secret, but it sounds like I sort of have a vision board anyway: the top (freezer) bit of my fridge freezer is currently decorated with pictures of me at my fattest, to remind me what I DON'T want to be, and various pictures of Drew Barrymore (because I've never been other than fat, as an adult, and thus have no pictures of me looking normal-shaped - but she and I are of an age, same height and vaguely similar features, so she's being my stand-in for images of what I'm aiming for within the next couple of years.

It's smack-bang in the middle of my little studio flat, at face height, so I see it every day. And in the middle I have a list of months and weightloss targets which I'm ticking off as I achieve them. So far, so good!

Oh! Also I have the quotation that's in my signature tagline, because I think it's rather wonderful.

Last edited by broadabroad; 07-05-2008 at 10:27 AM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #8  
on a mission

I haven't read the secret either, but hey, whatever works right? My viswion board is a little something a I did a few months ago in art therapy. Don;t laugh, it was one of the most useful therapies i have been in!

I love hearing about all of the different versions out there! The book, what a great idea! little more private too

the top of the fridge thats awesome....and def. stick with Drew you two have a few looks in common!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I have a couple pics of me and my darling hubbie at our fittest (we are racing in a triathlon in the photos) on my desk where I see them every day as I'm logging and planning my meals, etc. Very motivating! I usually look at them and think that I will surpass those moments, that the best is yet to come!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #10  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

That's a great idea.

I don't have any, but I do have a picture of Hilary Swank (in a bikini) running on a beach at full tilt - a gorgeous picture. That's no girlie run, that's an Amazon woman hunting down an enemy. I have it on my fridge.

I am thinking I should create a similar vision board. Now that I have seen Josephine's (aka Tyler Durden) picture, I think I will add her to it, too.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #11  

too soon to say (sigh)
cherrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:10 AM   #12  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I'm working on mine right now. I'm still trying to decide exactly what I want to put on it. I know I want to put something about becoming a runner, getting to my goal weight, getting married and starting a family. Right now I'm just going through magazines and cutting out pics and phrases that look good, or sound good. I don't want to rush it, so I'm taking my time. I saw the Oprah episode and it sounds like such a good idea. Yours is really cool!!! I like it!!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #13  
on a mission

cool I look forward to seeing some of these!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello... I don't have an actual vision board, but I just completed my list of motivational reasons for losing weight:

1.To have tons of clothes that don't fit for a different reason! They're too darn big!
2. To feel the benefits of being a non-smoker and climb stairs without huffing and puffing. (I quit smoking 8 months ago)
3. To feel like I have the 20-something body I'll look back on someday and wish I still had.
4. To quit telling myself to remember to suck it in when in the presence of others.
5.To start healthy habits that my (future) children will emulate.
6.To quit putting on pantyhose like I'm stuffing a sausage
7.To wear a lightweight blouse without concern for the rolls under the back of my bra.
8.To see my cheekbones again.
9.To laugh without my tummy laughing too.
10.To make love with confidence
11. To relax in a hot bubble bath without my tummy getting cold.
12. To see my silhouette without thinking of Alfred Hitchcock.
13. To have as many dresses as I have pairs of earrings.
14. To cross my legs, tucking one foot behind my lower calf.
15. To wear tucked-in blouses and fun belts.
16. To lower the food/beverage tray on an airline with room to spare.
17. To look down and see only my cute shoes.
18. To have A chin, not multiple.
19. To wear short skirts while I still can.
20. To have arms, not flapping appendages.
21. To wear Victoria's Secret.
22. To think I could have a chance with Matt Damon.
23. To wear a bikini.
24. To not wonder "Does my *** look THAT big?"
25. To experience asking for/buying a smaller size.
26. To weigh less than my husband!
KateV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #15  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

What a great idea! I am going to work on making one of these I think this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote