South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin'

I don't think I got more than 2 hours sleep last night. It was most likely a combination of too many Cosmos, too much coffee, and thinking about Cindy's family leaving on their trip to Africa today.

It's looking dark and gloomy, and it's going to rain all day. We had showers off and on yesterday, but that didn't stop us from having our cookout. But the highlight of the day was that we stumbled upon the perfect sectional sofa that we had been searching for for months for the sunporch! And because it was the floor model and the last one in stock, we got a steal on it. So it was a good day despite the rain and no fireworks.

Today is Dustin's birthday, so they're coming back over this afternoon to help eat all the leftovers from yesterday. Monica and Carley may come back out again, too. Maybe the sun will come out later so the kids can swim, they were pretty disappointed yesterday.

Indigal, how is your friend doing? She must be in excrusiating pain! I hope she'll be alright!

Nessa, how was your trip to The Green Dragon? What all did you buy?
Old 07-05-2008, 06:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, no cosmos here except for a few seedlings in the garden. Your new furniture sounds lovely. Enjoy!

I was DD last night so sipped diet gingerale while the rest of the crew swilled bubbly and watched the fireworks. It was balmy night with a great show, lots of laughter and nobody fell overboard this year! I was home by eleven and definitely ready for bed.

Today is niece Anne's wedding day which will be an extremely low-key affair. It should be fun, however, with just immediate family and a simple meal. There will be a big blow-out party later on.

I hope your Saturday is a good one this long weekend.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:07 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hello! My friend is hanging in there...the Novocaine that was given around the (scorpion) sting sites are wearing off. I'm taking her for more injections in a few hours...
I went slightly off plan having a cup of tea with buffalo milk... not bad... I smelled pancakes being made and became nauseous...not at all tempted,...

Cottage, good you'll have help with leftovers!

Have a beachy day folks! (And send your extra rain this way! )
Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #4  

Hey Ruth! Sounds like you had fun yesterday. Have a nice day! kitty
Old 07-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Sounds like a rough night, hope the morning is better. If it's rainy it might just be a nap day

Ruth - Sounds like a lovely evening. Is this the wedding that you pulled together? Hope the weather is agreeable and everyone has a lovely day.

Kitty- Hope your friend is feeling a bit better. Eek! A friend of ours and her partner spent several months in a community in India last winter and I think he got bit by something while there too. Guess I won't whine about my mosquito bites!

Just a normal weekend planned here. There will be errands today, some lawn mowing, garden work (have to deal with the plants that are not collards! wonder what they are), laundry, maybe a little hammock time. Monday we hope to do that boat trip that got rained out a few weeks ago.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 07-05-2008, 07:45 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning
my fingers are puffy i ate ribs and corn last night and 2 bites of whoopie pie..

and drank jazzberry wine.... and i am so paying for it this morning.

my plans today include aqua threat, laps, hit walmart for dog food....
we have a party at my boss's house tonite...
Old 07-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, hope you can get some rest today after your sleepless night!

Ruth, have fun at the wedding.

Indi, hope your friend is feeling better soon. What does buffalo milk taste like?

Cyndi, have fun with the errands and gardening. I need to do some serious weed pulling, but looks like we are in for more rain today...great, more weeds.

Not sure what we are doing today. May go in to New Orleans, or ride to Baton Rouge "the long way" through a couple of little towns along the bayou and find some place neat to eat. Yesterday was very low key after the wild concert night on the 3rd. We just grilled some shrimp and puttered around here.

** Morning Nessa..we were posting at the same time! Have fun today and hope you recover from the wine...just push that water. I've never heard of a jazzberry. I spent yesterday recovering from mojitos I drank at the concert and the tons of water I drank really helped. (still have "white bird" playing in my head!)

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-05-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #8  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! We had a great party last night -- and I think it must have worn out the baby as it is 7 AM and she is still sleeping!! Natalie is up though and has an AWFUL cough! Poor baby! So we might have to just take it easy tonight.; We have another party tonight but I don't think we can take her around the other kids being as sick as she is.

It sounds like everyone has very festive evenings!

Natalie just said to me, "I want to go to the beach!!" Hmmm....how do I explain that we live in KANSAS to her? Ha, ha! Anyway, if she's better tomorrow there is a big pool party at our pool and maybe that will be beachy enough for her! Ha!

Have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #9  

Hey, My friend is much better, she's sedated and can hopefully slleep til the pain wears off.

I roasted a chicken for dinner, of course being phase 1 ,I'll only have breast. So invited a friend over who likes dark meat. So dinner and a movie is my plan.

Creole~ Buffalo milk is very rich and creamy tasting... high fat content. I think they are beautiful creatures... (google image indian water buffalo).

Have a great day everybody!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #10  

I am a bit sore from all the lifting yesterday but it feels so good to have the retaining wall done and all the lava rock in place. The pool looks really good and Brian and I had a good time swimming last night. We scrubbed down the tile while we swam so we had fun and accomplished something. Brian is texting his dad now to ask if he is picking him up in 2 hours. Robert was so nasty last time I asked that I just don't want to even ask him.

Today I need to tackle the boxes in my bedroom so I can have things looking good before the maid service comes on Monday. It's already hot outside. I might weedwack later but I think I'll let mowing wait until tomorrow. I REALLY need to find someone to do the yardwork. I can afford the money a lot easier than I can afford the time.

Dinner was good last night. I made the Spicy BBQ Shrimp out of the Taste of Summer cookbook and served it with lots of broccoli. I think today calls for burgers on the grill but I'll decide later.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies!!! Happy Saturday!

Cottage - Sorry to hear that there were no fireworks, but happy to hear you found your sectional. Don't you love it when you have a "holy grail" something and you find it....It's like nirvana.

Ruth - "nobody fell overboard this year" Last year somene fell overboard!?!? Too funny. Have a lovely day at the wedding.

Indigal - Here's to hoping your friend feels better quickly!

Cyndi - Hope you had a nice time yesterday. May today be productive and fulfilling.

Nessa - Drink lots of water!! Feel better

Cat - Have a restful day today!

Nat's Mom - I hope your daughter feels better. Hopefully you can make it to the pool.

Barb - Isn't it funny that we all clean before the cleaning lady comes? Hope you enjoy your burgers tonight.

Me - I'm at the USO this morning. Things started slow and then we got a large group headed to Guam. (Scrambled Eggs for Everyone!). Today is about cleaning up. I'm also hoping to hit a Payless Shoestore....it's bogo time! Tonight we're going to friends for dinner, and I think we're going to start watching the Bachelorette tonight. Should be fun.
Have a great Saturday, Ladies!!
ENJOY!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #12  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

How was everyone's 4th of July (or Friday, for non-Americans)? My best friend came to stay the night yesterday (she will be here all weekend) and my son's been having a blast with his 'Aunt Jessie'. She and I walked down the road, to where BF's older friend lives, because those two have a thing for eachother currently (bit of an age difference, 22 and 37 but he's hot! Short, but hot. She's short too so, it's cool.) So I timed the walk, and from there and back it was about 15 minutes.

Anyhow after all of that, we planned on making turkey burgers.

Then my mother showed up, a bit tipsy, with bud light lime (she claimed she bought it for me). Then, BF's brother shows up as well, so we had a mini- "party" going on. I made turkey burgers and we all listened to music and had a good time. We made baby boy dance to Depeche Mode and Amy Winehouse. I drank 90% of one beer, my mother drank the rest (I really had no desire to drink, which was a good thing) and my BF ended up having to drive her home, in her car, and his brother had to follow behind to take him back to the house. I mean, that woman was trashed! She's a correctional officer by profession, and an alcoholic on her days off. She likes to influence me to drink but I was really proud when I didn't.

It was pretty late at night then, and you'd think I would have decided to not do my exercise. And at first I was like, I could do 15 more minutes and then I would have my 30 minutes for the day (which is my exercise goal), but then I was like, nah, I could just do 2 hours tomorrow... but then I was like, no, I've said things like that before and tomorrow became the next day, and the next.... enough is enough, time for a real change, I'm doing this.

So, I got my big booty up and turned on the music and started jogging and marching in place. 15 minutes turned to 30 minutes, I started feeling GOOOOOOD, so I kept up. 1 hour and 15 minutes later, I had done cardio AND got some strengthening moves with the dumbbell in. I felt quite accomplished!

I'm not doing phase 1 right now, not until the 13th because I'll have shopped by then, but I'm trying to stay away from sugars and most bad carbs for the time being. Last night though, I ate rolls with my turkey burger. As I ate them, I thought to myself, these cheap white rolls don't even TASTE appetising, the burger would have been just as good wrapped in lettuce (or even better, a whole grain bun). The bun is merely a means of containing the burger, nothing more. Since I'm cutting back on the no-no stuff, I think when I do start phase 1 again, the transition will be that much easier.

I hope you all had a good Independence day and a wonderful Friday.

Nielsen Ratings paid me $30 just to fill out a tv diary, they sent real cash, not a check! And I got $10 from BF, so tomorrow when mommy & me & ds & bff go to visit my grandparents, I'm gonna go by Walmart and get some stuff on those $5 sales, (in smaller sizes) and hang that in my closet for motivation. Booty shorts here I come!

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 07-05-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies!!

We are about ready to leave so don't have time for personals this morning, just wanted to say enjoy the weekend
Old 07-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

on my way to the shower!

Last year somebody did fall off the boat. It may have been a push because the guy was a jerk and deserved it! He was a Canadian, not an American, so it wasn't an international incident. He sobered up quite quickly and swam to the shore. He wasn't there this year.

Of course you have to tidy up before the cleaning person! How else can he/she clean.

My front garden is looking much tidier, the four pies I'd forgotten about baking are now at the BBQ at the park, I gave my neighbour a big bouquet for her Open House tomorrow and it's now time to figure out something to wear to this wedding. Can you tell I'm really not looking forward to it? At least it'll be an early night and I will be very abstemious with the wine.

Enjoy your Saturday afternoon.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:34 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! I managed six hours of sleep and am feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this sunny Sunday morning. We are off to Church at 8:30 and then to the city for dog obedience at noon. From the weather forecast, I may be turning on the AC before I leave. We finally have summer.

The wedding was fine although pretty low key. The groom is definitely eye-candy and has this Aussie accent on top of it. I did indulge in one glass of champagne for the toasts but was a "good girl" otherwise - no sweets or table dancing.

I plan to goof off this afternoon with some reading and hand sewing on the deck or porch. Tomorrow is "Judgement Day" for the Fair schoolwork entries and we are starting at 7 AM. After that I get to do lists of winners and the display and can then relax until after the Fair - about that part anyhow!

Hope you have a gloriously sunny Sunday.
Closed Thread