Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #1  

Default Doggone it I'm stuffed!

Who else ate a bunch today? Normally I'd be upset but it's the 4th of July...go crazy people <The Yum yum dance

Last edited by starlight66; 07-04-2008 at 05:56 PM.
starlight66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I ate a bunch...A bunch of lightly steamed green beans, zucchini, broccoli and had it with braised tofu! SO good!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 420/396/350

Height: 5'1"

I ate serving sizes only! I did good. Had 1 serving of potato salad (no egg) and 1 serving grilled chicken (no skin, no bbq sauce) and a serving of spinach!
BIG B00TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Waving my hand here. Since most of our customers are in the US, 4th of July typically is a welcome breather day for us (for my department, that is, not for the entire company). Management treated us to lunch, in order to fuel our initiative to research or close most of the open cases in the afternoon. They did not announce what lunch will consist of (often, if it is e.g. Swiss Chalet we can each order whatever we like) so I expected the usual pizza in several different flavours, but it was in fact a catered lunch. Pieces of chicken breast together with veggies on skewers as kebabs, rice, salad (mostly romaine but not with ceaser dressing) and dessert tray. The funny thing was that the pieces of meat and veggies were gigantic - basically 1/3 of a red pepper, followed by almost half an onion, huge mushroom, thick and large chunks of chicken breast ......

I had two skewers, no rice, some salad and one tiny triangle from the dessert tray. And mineral water, of course, no pop. So I did eat a lot but it was good stuff, other than the tiny dessert. I feel I am not eating enough protein so today I definitely got my fill.

The funny thing was that I thought the salad was kinda blah tasting, that there was hardly any dressing (there were tiny bits of feta sprinkled on it). Only when we were leaving the lunchroom I mentioned that the salad was not the greatest and that's when my coworkers pointed out that there was a bottle of dressing standing next to the salad and each person was supposed to doctor his/her own salad. So I actually ate the lettuce with no dressing at all. LOL!

Last edited by Tomato; 07-04-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #5  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

All I had today was my usual breakfast, a handful of tostitos with salsa, and a burger on the grill. Well, okay, I also had 3 Corona Lights. Let me tell you I've felt disgustingly full all day. That beer really takes it's toll! But foodwise I avoided all the extras and just had the burger.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #6  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Like Tomato, I also had to work today, but I was one of 2 people working in my department (our Canadian office was fully staffed!) I wish our company had brought in lunch for us - there weren't too many around - maybe 8 people on my floor, heh.

We did have a supervisor engineered trip to BK today, but I was good and declined to order with everyone else. Stayed well within my points today, and even have a couple left over for an ice cream a little later, after I go to the fireworks.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default Nope, not stuffed!

I had two hot dogs, one with no bun, a little bit of baked beans, some salad with a TBSP of dressing, and a small serving of Tofutti ("ice cream" made with tofu). And because I planned ahead, I did not go over my calories and still have a deficit for the day.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #8  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

My friend and I went out to dinner tonight and I did quite well early on--grilled grouper topped with a mango salsa, spicy couscous, and sautéed spinach. Divine. But then we decided to have dessert... a rich ganache s'mores tart and glass of white wine.

I ate it, loved it, and will be extra careful for the next week not to do it again

Last edited by Ija; 07-04-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #9  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I just had a Pink Lady apple and an orange with some sparkling water. Yummy! But NOTHING compares to the perfect, cool, juicy nectarine I ate mid morning. Oh, Summer fruit is amazing!!! I also had 4 tofu "cutlets" earlier. I think I'll have a little more protein-rich food later to balance out the fruits.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #10  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hubbie is on call and out in the field, son had to work, so it wasn't much of a holiday, around here. I stuck to my usual eating plan. I had given myself permission for a free day, if I wanted it, but I didn't use it.

Maybe another day.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote