South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Fourth of July Chick Chat

Happy Glorious Fourth to all my friends south of the border! I'm already going around singing America the Beautiful. I am one quarter Yankee and Hershey was born in "guess where", PA. Now that I think of it, Disney is American too although not a Yankee.

Looks like three whole days of sunshine ahead of us - finally! June was disgusting. Today I have some outside work to do on containers and beds and will also take the dogs to see Harry. Tonight I'll be out on Big Rideau Lake on a big boat watching fireworks after a BBQ with my American friends.

So....how are you celebrating today? Even if you're not American, it IS Friday, right?
Old 07-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

We're having a big family BBQ and pool party this afternoon, and I'm hoping the thunderstorms miss us! Enjoy watching the fireworks on the lake, Ruth! That sounds lovely! We'll just sit out in the back yard where we can see several firework displays going on around us.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Rain, Rain go away! We will be headed out to the parade here in about 2 hours and from there who knows what the day holds.

Hope you all have a happy and safe 4th!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Relatively quiet day here as I'm not a fan of crowds or parades (yeah, I'm one of those). I've got yoga this morning then I am biking into town for a little while because Julie is playing music at the local festivities. The rest of the day will be in the garden and mowing the lawn. Tonight we will take in the fireworks (Julie again - she likes to photograph them!) maybe with my friend and her GD which would be extra fun.

Ruth - Enjoy the gardening and fireworks

Cottage - Good luck with the thunderstorms!

hmacneil - I work at a child care resource & referral agency as a child care provider support person.

Someone asked about dog food. Our dog died several years ago (she was 20!), but we used to crockpot chicken, sweet potatoes or pumpkin, brown rice, and bone meal or other calcium supplement with the extra things that are recommended in Pitcairn's book (yeast, garlic, vitamins, etc). It was always funny running into people who knew us well at the grocery store. The chicken in our cart puzzled them. They were no less puzzled when we explained that it was for our dog She also loved rice milk and oatmeal, though when she got some of my oatmeal she would leave a neat, cleaned little pile of raisins in the bottom of the bowl.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmm - homemade dog food. For years I fed my Lucy and Hershey the bones and raw food diet and they loved it. I got away from it when I had my knee operation and couldn't lift the heavy meat packages but must get back to it. I was able to buy ground chicken and bones from a local supplier and added 1/3 veggies and some fruit that I got free from the local grocery. (They saved romaine, celery and broccoli trimmings for me.) I may go back to that although Disney is supposed to have crunchy dog food for her teeth.

I just came in from taking out the trash. It's glorious out there! Donna comes today (she was sick Wednesday) and I'm going to just leave her to it and work on my gardens this morning.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all (shhhhhhh, not too loud, I have a bit of a hangover.)

I only had 3 mojitos at the concert last night, but they really put me under. The bands were all fantastic, but my favorite hands down was Big Brother and the Holding Company. The girl that sang sounded a lot like Janis Joplin, but not as strong in the pipes. Had a great time, met some hilarious guys from Mobile and husband and I danced the night away.

Going to be a quiet day here I think. We were thinking about heading down to the French Quarter today, but may save that for tomorrow instead so we can recover today.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-04-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

happy 4th
it's raining
we are headed up to green dragon market (they have a site) which is a flea market that's open only on friday...
tonite we are having friends over.

should be a great day even if it's raining.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY FOURTH!

Gotta fly by! Work until 3 today, then driving down south for a long weekend. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa

PS Please no one blow up their hands with fireworks?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls!

It's supposed to be raining here in a bit, which might put a damper on DH's golf plans. A friend of mine and I (+kids) are going to see Wall-E around noon.

Having a big bbq tonight. I'm bringing a big pot of beans (mmmmmmmmmmm) and some strawberry/blueberry bars.

Have to get started on breakfast. Since it is a holiday, we're having special breakfast. It was DS' turn to choose and he picked scrambled eggs and french toast....at least it's quick and easy.

Have a great day, ladies!

edit: Btw, DH decided to accept his father's long standing offer of law school. He still wants to work with math, and has been developing a home school curriculum for quite some time. From the people we've talked to, since he completed a phd in pure math, law school should be a breeze. The good thing, once he graduates...his father will turn over his successful practice. I'm not sure how I feel...I'm happy that he finally is doing this, but upset about how discouraged he is by the public college system. I'm just sick of depending on people who don't do what they say they are going to do I'm pretty sure he'll be going to LSU fall of 2009, if not LSU - Loyola or Tulane. We'll probably have to move to avoid a long commute...this is stressful!

Last edited by zeffryn; 07-04-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Happy 4th Everybody! Tis the season for BBQ's! Have fun!

Femme Creole : Sounds like a blast. I miss going to good concerts. I love a good band!

When ever I cook my dog food, visitors are like "Hmmmm! smells good, whatcha cookin?"

I just couldn't wait till weigh day (Sunday) to see how I was doing scale wise on my first week of phase 1... ~ I've lost 10 pounds!!!!! ~, and 1 more day to go b4 it's official, but hey, I'll take it! I know I was holding water, and most of it was probably water...here's the kicker...It's also my T.O.M!
I know I'll level out but gee it sure feels good!

Have a great day and be careful with the fireworks!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks,
I indulged in a lazy morning and it sure did feel good.
Scale is so weird, it refused to budge all last month even though I was on plan (not good with exercise though), then in the last week it has gone down 3 lbs. I just laughed at it and don't take it seriously. I'll change my ticker when I am getting the same readings for a week or so. Anyway, my July goal was 4 lbs (to be in the 170's), so that is suddenly in reaching distance, so I may make goal this month for a change!

I had the day from he** yesterday, we had some serious safety issues that needed to be dealt with before the weekend to avoid any injuries, and all the govt people were checking out early due to the holiday, so it was not an easy thing to accomplish. My brain was fried by the end of the day. After being in school all last week, I really worked my butt off this week (maybe that's where the 3 lbs went!). I will probably do some work over the weekend, but today I want to get caught up around the house, it's really messy around here and getting near the point of no return. I have made no plans for the 4th, although the kids keep asking. We could go to the pool (if the weather holds), or may try to catch some fireworks, although the small town nearby had theirs last weekend and the larger small town nearby has lots of traffic. DD wants to go to DC to see them. Right! I've done that and it's spectacular, but too much humanity for me to deal with right now. But I'll have to come up with something fun or the kids will be disappointed and you chicks are making me feel guilty with all your fun plans.

I am feelling a little low and missing DH. Oh, and my desktop crashed yesterday, the day after my in-house IT person left for 4 months, of course, so what a pain in the butt! I will feel better once I get this place cleaned up and feel like I've got things in hand again...

Hope the American chicks have a fun and/or relaxing 4th, as you desire.

Cat, you party animal! I love JJ.
indigal, it is so nice to have you around the beach again.
weezle, enjoy your weekend.
nessa, have a fun day.
Cyndi, I'm with you, no crowds please.
Steph, hope your day turns out adventurous and fun!
Ruth, your evening on the boat sounds great.
cottage, I would love to just have a family BBQ, but I'm not hosting and nobody else seems motivated either...
Old 07-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #12  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies!!! Happy 4th of July!

Ruth - Sounds like you've got a nice day planned. I hope the fireworks on the lake are glorious for you tonight.

Cottage - Have a lovely day with your family.

Cyndi - Enjoy your bike ride and yoga. And have fun w/ Julie tonight watching fireworks. So the kids you work with, are they foster kids and in the system, or is this just a community service for everyone?

Cat - Great pics! Have a lovely low-key day.

Nessa - Hope the Green Dragon treats you well today!

Weezle - Have a safe drive.

Zeff - Sorry to hear that dh didn't get the job. I hope the plans to go to law school all work out. Good luck with that.

Indigal - Congrats on the pounds lost! Great job!

Schmoodle - Sorry to hear you're a little down today. Hopefully your day will be restful and filled with friends a family. And be thankful that you made it through yesterday.

Me - Quiet morning around here. Dh is still asleep, so after I post I'm headed to the kitchen to get things ready for the party at 3. Last night I indulged and had a mini yogurt from Golden Spoon. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't kick in my cravings. That would NOT be good today. There will be plenty of on-program food that I will be able to enjoy....I just need to stick to them.
Have a safe and sane 4th, ladies!!!!! And to those who have loved ones away serving, I'm praying for your and thank you!
ENJOY!!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #13  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

happy 4th! natalie rode her tricycle in the parade this morning and loooved it! this afternoon we're having a bbq here for a bunch of family so i must run and get ready!!

hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!
Old 07-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #14  

At least after talking to Brian I have confirmation that I did the right thing in telling his dad he couldn't just surprise him and pick him up during the day at day care without him knowing ahead of time. Brian said if he had been told the night before then he would have been okay with it but he wouldn't have wanted Robert to just show up. I tried to get him to call his dad but he doesn't want to. Oh, well, I still don't know if Robert is going to see him this weekend or if he is going to cancel like the last 4 times.

Brian passed American Red Cross level 4 swim lessons last night. Unfortunately level 5 isn't held in the evenings. I may have to see if another city nearby has it in the evenings.

We slept in this morning and then got up, bought 19 more Chiselwall stones from Lowes and finished the retaining wall. I'm out of lava rock. Looks like I need about another 8-9 bags so I'll be heading up to Lowes again soon. It will be nice to have it done. We have no plans tonight so we'll probably just go swimming.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #15  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Happy 4th of July everyone, what is everyone doing to celebrate this day? I am grilling out and my BFF is staying the weekend. We're going to grill out turkey burgers and she and I are going to go take a walk to get my exercise in.

And Happy Friday to the rest of you who don't reside in America. Tgif!

Have a good Independence day, everyone!!!!
Closed Thread