Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - 2008 #3

Good Morning Crazies . . . . . .

Well it's a brand new day and it's the first of July (HAPPY CANADA DAY) . . . so, since our old thread is getting pretty long . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the next few months.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the new thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . .
Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . looks like the long hot Summer is finally with us . . . we are in for another hot and steamy one in northern Nova Scotia, but at least there is some sun in the forecast for the holiday today.

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . try to keep things moving and shaking.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Smile So glad I found some fellow canucks

I am from the Windsor area in Ontario, and having been trying to lose weight since I was a young girl. Of course I wasn't overweight then but I thought I was, but now I am for sure. I have about 50 lbs to lose and lots of toning to do, but am having an injury to my knee which makes it hard. .
Kids are home for summer which is always a challenge on my eating and exercise plan but I keep trying because I think part of my knee problem is related to the weight, so I am motivated.Plus, I don't want to die of heart disease(bad family history), and my dream it to be a toned hot women in her 40's.
Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

. . . glad to have you joining us . . .

Know what you mean about not being overweight but thinking you are -- I spent most of my twenties weighing 125 pounds and alsways striving for 110. Now, wowee, I'll be happy to get to 150 and absolutely overjoyed to think that 125 might be in my future again.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! We've finally got some good weather today so it's a perfect day for a holiday. I did the 3FC Canada Day 5k walk this morning and it was great to do it in the sun for a change. Hope the weather holds up until Christmas!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lovely day at last! I've been doing some gardening, some reading, some Fair preparation and enjoying the sun. There's a lot of noise coming from the Park so I'm glad I stayed here. I'm supposed to go to a BBQ tonight but feel a bit draggy so may stay home and try out my own new BBQ. I have lovely lettuce and wee new potatoes so that's an incentive.

I hope everyone is having a day of celebration and fun.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 07-01-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/176/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Canada Day greetings from Prince Rupert BC!
I celebrated by going for a 1.5 hr walk along the waterfront trail with a friend this morning. After so many successive gray days, the sunshine was glorious. I'm so happy to have to bust out the sunscreen at long last!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyBelle View Post
Happy Canada Day greetings from Prince Rupert BC!
I celebrated by going for a 1.5 hr walk along the waterfront trail with a friend this morning. After so many successive gray days, the sunshine was glorious. I'm so happy to have to bust out the sunscreen at long last!

Sounds like a nice walk, Harmony. Nice to meet you, by the way!
Laura

Old 07-02-2008, 06:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

Where's that Tomato? and anyone else from around here actually. It's just over three weeks until we meet in Stratford. I'm inordinately excited to meet someone from 3FC.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Hot and sticky -- very -- in Nova Scotia this morning. Unusual for us to get such a spell of high humidity levels so early in the Summer.

How are things looking in your 'neck of the woods'?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #11  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

Hello Crazies!!

I'm back from my vacation... 3 lbs heavier :P I did have a good time though, and went way off plan a few times. I'm in the middle of unpacking right now, just wanted to drop by and say hello and let you all know I'm still alive. LOL
Old 07-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #12  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halichick View Post
Hello Crazies!!

I'm back from my vacation... 3 lbs heavier :P I did have a good time though, and went way off plan a few times. I'm in the middle of unpacking right now, just wanted to drop by and say hello and let you all know I'm still alive. LOL
Helloooo Halichick from another Haligonian!

Woohoo......i'm so excited to see another person from Halifax here. Nice to meet you. Glad you had a good vacation...where did you go?

Have a good day.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:53 AM   #13  

Red face

Morning gals

Well......the scale seems to be moving again perhaps thanks to the Turbo Jam workouts. I'm going to try order another one from the states as our Amazon.ca doesn't have what i'm looking for Coming up to my dreaded number i never seem to get past though so that will be tough if i get there. I'll have to break through it. Could up the exercise but have to be careful about eating enough to go with it so that my body doesn't balk at it and refuse - lol. For now i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and maybe i'll just sneak past that number over the next couple of weeks. Quite frankly it's great losing a couple of pounds again but i'd be just as happy knowing i could consistently lose 2 lbs a months....i'd be thrilled with that. Anyways...... i even had a sausage last night just for a change and felt guilty, but just need something diferent so badly. But .....there you go......it didn't seem to hurt me on the scale.
Today's weight: 181

Have a great day everyone and thanks for listening.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

It rained again last night. But it's lovely this morning. A cool, fresh breeze. Isn't it a shame to waste such a beautiful day by going to work?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Boy, we are looking at another really hot and sticky day with the humidex in the very high 30's. Just wipes you out. Soooooo . . . please send that cool breeze this way.

I'm working on my second cup and hoping the helps me get up the courage to go out on the normal mall-crawl later on today. Hate to wear my sunglasses indoors but seems I will be scaring small children, and maybe large adults, too if I don't.

I had a major hemorrhage in my left eye early last evening. I am prone to these, but usually they are just a little red area and go away in a few days. This one is covering the entire white of the eye, which now looks almost black, nd it is actually sore (because the eye feels too big for the socket since it is engorged with so much blood). I look like something that "came from outer space". Yes, I did go and spend most of last evening in Emergency so I could be assured that it was just a more dramatic version of the regular problem and the eye was not about to shoot out across the room. The emerg doctor did say that this one, because it is so bad, could take a couple of weeks to totally drain; but other than that nothing to really worry about.

Funny timing -- I have to go an pick up my newly fixed glasses at the optician today -- imagine this will be a little distracting for them as they do the final fitting stuff.

Hope everybody else has a great day . . . keep things moving and shaking as much as you can, gang.
Closed Thread