Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Any Slim Fasters?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here was doing Slim-Fast? If so, is it working for you? I've been trying to do it for lunch only. It seems to be going OK, except for the fact that by 3 or so I could eat a horse.

Thanks,
Melly
MellyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Melly:

I have been doing slimfast since Dec. 26 and it is working for me. I have lost 27 pounds...keeping between 1200-1400 calories a day. Slimfast just helps me to stay within my calorie limit. Of course, I could have lost more but I like my ice cream... What are you eating the rest of the day??

BREAKFAST
slimfast shake

MID-MORNING SNACK
80-100 calorie snack
(usually cheesestick, banana, crackers, 100 calorie pack)

LUNCH
Meal on the go bar
(my favorite is chocolate chip. I eat it slowly...usually over the course of 15 minutes)

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK
80-100 calorie snack
(usually cheesestick, banana, crackers, 100 calorie pack)

DINNER
300-400 calories
(usually chicken with a vegetable, lean cuisine, etc. my latest thing is anything on a wrap...much less calorie than a big roll)

SNACK
pop corn, triscuits, jello, sugar free pudding, etc.

It is important to remember that you have to eat about every 2-3 hours... You don't want your body to go into starvation mode.

Last edited by didjaever; 07-01-2008 at 01:48 PM.
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I did SF in conjunction with calorie counting. I still use SF to maintain loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'4"

I try to eat less of what I would eat normally. And, I'm adding more fruit and vegetables. I also am trying to drink tea (without sugar) and water instead of Coke. Hopefully this will work for me. It seems to have worked for you guys

Melly
MellyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/207 10% Goal

Height: 5'7

i usually drink Slimfast for a snack. I love the taste and convenience of it.

The biggest reason for my weight gain is the SODA. I haven't had any today...so far so good! It's just stupid of me to drink it when I know I could lose weight without it. It does NOT taste better than thin feels....trust me! Good luck on the water and tea!
PresleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

I use to drinks tons of Pepsi One (maybe a 2-liter every two days). I know now why I was always sluggish. I drink mostly water now... I allow myself a diet soda maybe once a week. I feel 1,000 times better since cutting it out and switching to water. I was having withdrawal fits the first couple of weeks but now I don't miss it.
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #7  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Hi Melly - I've been a SF user since I started -but I don't follow the plan. I use the Ready to Drink Shakes (Rich Chocolate Royale is my flavor of choice) and generally have one to get my day going. I snack often through the day and count calories, fiber, sodium, and protein. I'm never hungry through the day and I'm fairly certain it's due to my focus on fiber.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote