Old 07-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #1  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Default Confession time--- yes, there's a REASON I'm 9 pounds heavier than my lowest weight..

Ugh---- so... I had a horrible week 2 weeks ago--- and when I weighed in last wednesday and saw I was up 12 pounds, I was like THAT'S ENOUGH

And then I had a bad day... that extended to the next--- and then I said "hey, I already blew it" and bought three donuts. Then I only ate one and had two for the next day... so that day was blown... and so on and so forth...

Weigh in today--- up 9 pounds from my lowest weight so far... I was edging close to 50 pounds lost, now I'm only edging towards 40 pounds lost. I'm rapidly losing alllllll the good things I've already earned for myself!!!! I'm outta control!!!! And I KNOW with every bite what I'm doing and I hate myself for it...

I've spent a TON of money these past two weeks on junk food and takeout, etc etc... like, a LOT! (I'm a person who usually doesn't spend more than $20 a week on stuff other than Gas)

This is DONE!!!! I have to get my stuff together!!!

I CANNOT keep doing this awful HORRIBLE eating---- I REFUSE to undo all the good I've done so far--- I look at my weight chart--- that is EMBARASSING!!!!!

Yes, I know the Fourth of July is Friday--- yes, I know we're going out for dinner with my old college roommate this weekend....

Yes, I know we're going to cheesecake factory on Thursday night....

But here's what I decided---- I get to choose ONE DAY to be "bad"... and I'm picking Thursday. Who cares about hamburgers and hotdogs??? Hopefully I will get my college friend to go to Texas Roadhouse, and I'll have the salad (which I know the nutrition facts for)

I just have to DO THIS.

I know a major reason is because I'm bored with food--- I need to find new things to bring to work and eat--- I'd rather eat NOTHING all day at work than eat the stuff I'm bringing, and that's making me VERY bad when I get home or when I'm driving by all the bad places on the way home...

MUST STOP NOW. I am NINE pounds heavier than my lowest weight so far... that's a whole month's worth of work.

264--- today is the LAST TIME I will see you around.

I WANT TO BE THIN AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jen - for coming here and saying it out loud. That's step #1 to stopping the maddness. You haven't undone all your hard work, nine lbs is just nine lbs.

You have already identified the problem and the solution sounds like a change up in your food choices.

Let's all list what we are eating today so Jen can get some ideas. I am sorry I don't remember your plan, but hopefully this will give you some ideas!

Today will be...
4 oz. OJ
Instant Oatmeal (cinnamon Roll)
Honest Tea Heavenly Honey Green Tea
Banana
1 can tuna fish prepared with 2 Tbsp of light mayo on a thick taco shell
grapes
1 wasa crisp bread with a laughing cow wedge
And I packed an apple just in case!
Dinner will be whatever based on the calories I have left. Hopefully Steve will cook
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

Jen, I read this and couldn't not reply (I'm a big lurker ).

First .

You are simply gorgeous and you've worked sooooo hard. Don't get yourself in a negative cycle. You CAN do this. You HAVE done this. Don't let some donuts go making you think that you are a failure. 40lbs lost is still 40lbs that YOU lost. Your hard work and determination.

Keep up the good work. Dust yourself off and get back on track today. You are worth the effort
GoMamaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #4  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

(Thanks GoMama go--- glad to see you came out from the dark dusty corner you've been hiding in! As Always Sandi-- you're wonderful)

Apple
Light Cheesestick
Sugar Free Pudding
Two fried eggs with 2 slices light toast with ICBINB spray
2 pork chops with low cal cravy
Homemade Mashed potatoes (no butter)
Broccoli w/ ICBINB spray

My issue is never Dinner--- I LOVE dinner and my problem is that I eat the same old, low calorie boring stuff during the work day and save a ton of calories for dinner... I need to learn to be willing to eat a little more and different stuff during the DAY and take a few calories away from my big dinners at night.

I just hate soggy sandwiches for lunch... I love them freshly made, but not after they've been sitting in the fridge for hours... and I hate salads... same with yogurt...

I'm thinking cut up veggies with light dressing for a while--- maybe light bread with some light PB on it... But I get tired of the same 'ol stuff after a while. Hmmm... Maybe some light canned fruit will be a good change---
or Oatmeal--- I really like oatmeal and it's very filling--- I should start cooking up batches at home and bringing them in small containers to work...

and it's not an issue of being overly hungry during the day--- but it is an issue of AFTER work while I'm waiting for hubby to come home at 9 so we can eat dinner... I just gotta go buy the stuff and do it...

Last edited by BrandNewJen; 07-02-2008 at 12:58 PM.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Jen - you know what I do? I make 4 portions (2 for me, 2 for my partner) of my dinner meal. Then I take one of those for lunch. Generally, since I cook tasty dinners, I'm more than happy to eat it for lunch the next day. It also helps to spread my calories out more throughout the day (because lunch and dinner end up around the same size). Sure, my dinners are a little smaller because of it, but I'm also less hungry because I have a good size lunch. And I never have to do any more cooking/planning/packing than putting portions into tupperware when I'm dishing up dinner.

I don't know what I'd do if I had to figure out a sandwich or something for lunch every day. Starve, probably.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

You definitely have to find food you love. I'm still working on that. As long as every week or two I'm able to add something new, or switch out something so-so for something yum, I feel good about that. Because my eye is on the rest of my life. I want to have a really really workable and really really enjoyable WOE by the time I reach goal. If I'm eating something I'm not thrilled with, it's just because I'm still figuring out how to change it, not because I'm willing to settle for the sake of weight loss. While a permanent, healthy WOE means moderation, I just refuse to believe it shouldn't be delicious, all of it.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Do not stress about it! Just don't think about it and move on.

Sugar free hot chocolate
Campbells soup at hand new england clam chowder
3 pickles
artichoke with light mayo
sugar free jello.
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #8  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Jen we are totally in the same boat right now. I'm determined to get back on track. I have gained 7 pounds in the last 2 months and I'm certain it was due to boredom. I also know it was not from checking in here regularly over the past several weeks. I'm determined to find some new recipes today and just cook ahead of time, because it's when I don't plan that I fall flat.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I think that posting what you are feeling and thinking is wonderful...it helps to put it out. You CAN do this. You have made wonderful progress!

Today is a 'crazy' food day because I have a performance at 6pm at the zoo. But, this is what my plans are for today: (it changed from earlier because I went to the grocery store)

cottage cheese with canned pears
toast with ICBINB
open face turkey pastrami with mustard & lite chees
spaghetti squash with parm cheese
peach
100 calorie pack crackers
peanut butter and honey sandwich before I go to the zoo
tonight - cereal, fruit, skim milk
maybe more - I"ll count my calories

Hang in there!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Jen, I know for me, all, haha *all*, I need to get back into a groove, to get back into that wonderful *in control* feeling is 3 good days under my belt. 3 days. You can do this. Take em' one at a time. And before you know it, those 9 lbs will be history. And many more of their buddies.

I spend more of my calories during the day. My dinner is a little smaller, but it's worth it to me.

Take a step back, I think you have already, and pinpoint what your biggest obstacle is right now - and find a solution for it.

Is there anyway you can eat earlier then your DH? Maybe something light and then another something very light (which would total your former dinner calories) with him when he gets home? This was a HUGE problem for me in the beginning. My hubby gets home very late. I knew it would be an issue. As sorry as I was to not be able to have a full meal with him, I had to eat dinner earlier. Our schedueles have since changed.

As far as lunches. Stir fries are great. Veggie burgers. HUGE salad with a can of tuna or chicken or turkey breast. LEttuce wraps. Experiment. Find what works.

And get back to the program. You will be SOOO relieved when you do so.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 07-02-2008 at 02:18 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #11  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Today I'm eating:

coffee w/a little creamer
lowfat yogurt with granola and honey
medium peach
turkey sausage with kale and chickpeas (South Beach recipe)
Luna bar
pesto chicken with lots of green beans

And that's not really very much food, so it's no wonder I'm starving. I need to take some inspiration from the rest of you and start bringing more food to work! I think filling out meals with lots of veggies is a saving grace I've gotten lazy about. It makes a big difference in my hunger levels.

Good luck getting back on plan. You know how to do it; you've done it before, and those nine pounds will be gone again in no time.

Last edited by thistoo; 07-02-2008 at 02:20 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I eat out a lot so rarely bring lunch to work...but when I do here is what works (I'm lazy and I won't bring a sandwich for the fridge)

A couple of ounces of smoked salmon
Fruit (cherries, plums, apples, nectarines. Prewashed at home)
Nuts (almonds and walnuts work best for me)
Cheese and crackers
Leftover meat from the night before
Yogurt
Cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, and carrots (I like these without dressing so it doesn't get all wilted between home and office.)

Two things do me in over the long run...getting bored because there is not enough variety, and missing meals. I can't skip breakfast, and if I really go without lunch I come home ready to eat anything that isn't nailed down...not a good pattern. So, even though I think I'll be better off skipping a meal here or there, I'm worse off!

You can get back on track, it is only nine pounds. Too often we let these small failures turn into big ones. (Right now you are kicking yourself because you have gained nine pounds, don't let it set up a situation where you kick yourself for gaining fifty. I've been there. Don't go.)
Keep posting...Hold our hands as needed!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #13  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

BrandNewJen, I hope you had a better day today. Sometimes it truly is One Day At A Time. Just promise yourself you will stick to your eating plan for just for this day.

Thank you very much for your PM, as soon as I get my post count up high enough I am going to reply to you.

As far as some work foods that I like to take, today I mixed a can of tuna with some fat free Miracle Whip and mixed in half a chopped up apple and a few raisins. I had that with some zucchini slices. I just love that meal, and the protein keeps me full for a long time. I also like cottage cheese with fruit, or flavoured tuna on salad greens. Or you can make a roll-up with deli ham, low fat cheese and a dill pickle slice. Or take some nice big leafy lettuce leaves and make a lettuce wrap. If you have a kitchen at work you can keep some of this stuff at work and throw it together there so it doesn't get soggy.

Anyway, I know you can get yourself turned around. You ARE worth it, and you CAN do it.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #14  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

4th of July and Cheesecake Factory are Terrific opportunities to get back on track. Think of the feeling of accomplishment you will have when you stay OP in the face of those obsticles!

That should replace any shame you were feeling from the last 2 weeks!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #15  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Girl I so know how you feel right now. I have had a bad 2 weeks and was up 14 pounds. As I know most of it is water weight its just hard to see that I lost 100 pounds and now I only lost 90. So far since I got back on track 2 days ago I'm down to 10 pounds from my lowest. I hope to get those off in the next 2 weeks and be back at 217. Then I'm going for the goal! I know you can do it girl! We can do it together!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote