General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Haven't You Got One Good Thing To Say?

ABOUT TODAY?

Boy, I sure do!

I got off work an hour early

Came home to a quiet house

Angie took nephew and a couple of his buddies and our niece, who is visiting for a week, to the beach to go swimming sun bathing and surfing!

Plus she dropped the two mutts off at the groomers on the way!

So in about an hour I will have a tired 9 year old niece ~ a tired 17 year old nephew ~ 2 tired and SMELLING GOOD, for a change, golden retrievers ~ and one tanned hotty wife that...

WAIT! it gets better!

that left a note on the memo board ~ "Babe, don't cook anything...got it covered...I will BBQ feta burgers."

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I've got a really BAD interview, a boyfriend working on an island without ANY internet or phone reception 4,000 miles away, and I've gained FIVE pounds back since I've been in Utah! Today is not a good day!

But... on the NICE side - we're going to a restaurant with male cliff divers wearing loin cloths for dinner tonight - and that just CAN'T be bad!!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Nothing that good, sorry to say!! Not married, dog needs a bath and a haircut and I have to cook my own dinner.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
.......... we're going to a restaurant with male cliff divers wearing loin cloths for dinner tonight - and that just CAN'T be bad!!
Unless EZ is in one of the loin cloths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Nothing that good, sorry to say!! Not married, dog needs a bath and a haircut and I have to cook my own dinner.
Well BARGOO I will just have to make your day a little better....."I sure enjoy your interaction on my threads!"
Old 07-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #5  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I have to dig really deep here EZ... due to my worsening BBall depression...

But yes, I am psyched that I'm off tomorrow so I can stay up late...
And... Greek salads with are on their way home.. as we speak... weird you mentioned Feta..

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 07-01-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

My dogs are still smelly as well. I got into a car accident. BUT...
I had a fantastic day w/ the kiddos at the beach, then chuck e cheese, no one was hurt in the accident that WASN'T my fault (phew!), I have a home to shelter me, food to nourish me, water to slake my thirst, and got an email from my hubby! So, all in all, a pretty darn good day!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

I don't know, I think I've got a pretty good one here -

After a 3 week (or was it a 3 eon) visit - MIL has gone home. DH & I have the house to ourselves again and doggies can go back to sleeping in the guest room instead of in our bed with us we may just postpone dinner
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #8  
ProfessionalMisadventurer

S/C/G: 176/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I invented a new firming mask (all organic, all natural) for my business and my partner found us an investor!!!!!! AND I got promoted to 3rd in command at my day job, which should help me get my company on it's feet! Today could not be better for me.
moony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #9  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Quote:
I invented a new firming mask (all organic, all natural) for my business and my partner found us an investor!!!!!! AND I got promoted to 3rd in command at my day job, which should help me get my company on it's feet! Today could not be better for me.
moony WOW... that's a whole weeks worth !! Congrats
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

My MIL, FIL, and SIL-to be (and her 3 DDs) and my DD and I all went to spend the day in Harbour Grace, where they had a big To-Do about Canada Day, and Dan Cleary, and the Stanley cup. We were all dressed up in our Red Wings jerseys, etc, and the Newsman asked us to go on TV for a little interview! FIL did the talking, and the rest of us just smiled goofily beside him, but we got to be on TV!
Even better news than that? Oh, yes!! My in-laws to be and I GET ALONG, and actually LIKE EACH OTHER!!!
Poor Dear Fiance was at work in Alberta, but he was HAPPY for us all that we had so much fun! I sure lucked out!! Any idea who I should thank for all this? Just kiddin' ya!!
And I lost 4.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I did my mile walk, honestly wasn't hungry for dinner, got the den cleaned up, and DH says he'll take the kids swimming tomorrow so I can be lazy. Sounds like a good day to me!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #12  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Left work to walk home on a beautiful 77 degree sunshiny day. Came home to a new clothing order from Ann Taylor 80% off and everything fit perfectly. Dog greeted me with his usual fervor. Took a 30 minute nap and DH and I scooted to the grocery store to pick up staples. Came home and DH made supper, built a fire on the patio and uncorked a wonderful Zin. Life is good
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcaroline View Post
I have to dig really deep here EZ... due to my worsening BBall depression...

CAROLINE you spoiled BRAT! 1 game away from the most wins in ALL of baseball and you are baseball depressed...shame on you

But yes, I am psyched that I'm off tomorrow so I can stay up late...
And... Greek salads with are on their way home.. as we speak... weird you mentioned Feta..
The burgers were awesome...hope your salad was too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winning the war View Post
My dogs are still smelly as well. I got into a car accident. BUT...
I had a fantastic day w/ the kiddos at the beach, then chuck e cheese, no one was hurt in the accident that WASN'T my fault (phew!), I have a home to shelter me, food to nourish me, water to slake my thirst, and got an email from my hubby! So, all in all, a pretty darn good day!
Kids and Chuck E Cheese...boy I miss those days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
I don't know, I think I've got a pretty good one here -

After a 3 week (or was it a 3 eon) visit - MIL has gone home. DH & I have the house to ourselves again and doggies can go back to sleeping in the guest room instead of in our bed with us we may just postpone dinner
Is there room for 2 golden retrievers? ...clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moony View Post
AWESOME KIDDO! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
....... Oh, yes!! My in-laws to be and I GET ALONG, and actually LIKE EACH OTHER!!!
Poor Dear Fiance was at work in Alberta, but he was HAPPY for us all that we had so much fun! I sure lucked out!! Any idea who I should thank for all this? Just kiddin' ya!!
And I lost 4.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks!
And I thought I had a good day...movie star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblue View Post
I did my mile walk, honestly wasn't hungry for dinner, got the den cleaned up, and DH says he'll take the kids swimming tomorrow so I can be lazy. Sounds like a good day to me!
Just be LAZY AFTER you get that exercise in 'BLUE!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
.....80% off and everything fit perfectly..... uncorked a wonderful Zin. Life is good

SCOOTER ~ If I took 80% OFF my clothes...and opened up a bottle of wine...after 0 beers today....well...I could be arrested for my actions!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-01-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #15  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good things to say:

White Sox won today

Scubs lost

Kept my mouth shut and my lead foot in check on the drive home, thus continuing my committment to save gas money through better driving habits. I also don't think I swore at a single person, thus making today a banner commute day

The grilled shrimp and strawberry kiwi spinach salad we made for dinner was both healthy and delicious.

Nothing broke down, got hit, caved in or disappeared today costing me money I don't have.

Last but not least, my husband still loves me and my access card at work still let me in (and out of) the door.

Sometimes it's the little things that matter... thank you Gary for reminding me of that!

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-02-2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: edited to update the final outcome of the Cubs game
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote