South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #1  
Supermom

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9

Red face How did I do?

Hey ya'll. Today was my first day on South Beach. I found out recently that I have PCOS and my dr. recommended South Beach. I did it once a couple of years ago, but didnt make it through the first week. How did I do today? I always second guess myself

Breakfast:

One egg in olive oil (I forgot to go shopping the night before and it was all I had!)

Lunch:

Husband and I went to a Mexican restaraunt, I got chicken fajitas and skipped the tortillas, and refried beans. I only ate the chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms.

Dinner:

Made my husband and daughter chicken and dumplings. Took out some chicken and threw it in a salad with red pepper, cucumber and baby romaine.

Snacks:

sugar free fudgesicle, sugar free jell-o with lite cool whip, 10 reduced fat cheese cubes (i think i ate too many of these) cherry tomatoes, 15 almonds. This wasnt all at once, but all throughout the day.

Normally I would go for a run but its my off day so instead I'll bike ride around town for about four miles.

Did I have a successful day? I just need a little reassurance from someone who's done this before. Thank you so much!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Looks like a good start but you need your dairy, and I would eat some beans. Those two things can help you to avoid feeling sluggish or dealing with the SB flu during PH1. Also, I don't know how big your servings were, but your veggies should add up to 4.5 cups if measured raw. I would venture to guess that this day would be pretty low in calories, and although we don't have to count calories, it's important to eat enough, so make sure you are eating enough to satisfy.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-01-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #3  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the beach. Schmoodle hit the nail on the head. More dairy (Milk & plain yogurt, to be specific), be sure to eat some beans, and make sure you're getting enough veggies. Also have you read the book. It contains a lot of great info that will help you understand the importance of Phase 1. Good luck!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

nullgal! As Schmoodle and hmacneil have pointed out, just add some dairy and beans to your daily menu. Other than that, you've done very well, with the exception of maybe going a bit overboard on the cheese. Good luck and keep up the good work!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #5  
Supermom

Normally I eat a ton of dairy. Greek style yogurt is my best friend! I'll be sure to add that in tomorrow's breakfast and maybe whip up some black bean chili. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

just make sure that yogurt is fat free or low fat...
Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #7  
Supermom

it is. Its called Fage 0% in th plain flavor. I've always eaten fat free yogurt and milk, even prior to this. Full fat or even low fat always has a heavy taste.
Closed Thread