Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Jazz, Jive, and Jump in July - The wordly chicks are moving the jiggling bits

Okay - well you can be in Jakarta if you want. Or not. We're in July, joking, jumping, jiggling, jiving and listening to Jazz.

I'm going to have to work really hard this month to try and get some of this off me. Anyone else up for the challenge. 2kg this month??

To go back to the old thread click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143204&page=17 . Yep I know Ruth told me how to put different words in instead of the full link, but it got gobbled up in the thread crash of last month.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Have to do a post to pop the new thread up and over the old one.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ladies........

A beautiful day in Indy today. Wish I didn't have to be stuck in here at work.

Shad...thanks for starting the new thread. Rock on!

Have a great day all.

Love and Hugs
Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #4  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Happy July to all! DH, DMIL and I went fishing last night after work. And I caught all the fish! I caught about 6 small bluegills and a nice sized bass. It was a lovely warm night out on the lake which was smooth as glass. So relaxing! Today, I'll be walking at lunch and hopefully after work too!

I'm thinking about trying to get a second job at Petco for after DMIL leaves. The extra cash would be nice and the employee discount would help A LOT. Plus, there's the added benefit of seeing all kinds of different animals. I'm also planning on signing up for booths at craft shows in the fall. I've found a couple that are well attended and aren't too expensive for the booths. I make Christmas ornaments and floral arrangements.

Shad - I hope you enjoyed the body pump class....sorry about the long days of working, but at least it must be nice to be able to do it from home. I like your philosophy of the benefits of exercising outdoors...you have no choice but to keep walking or you don't get home! And yes, we do hold the fish when we take photos, and get them right back in the water. I definitely want to move and tighten the jiggly bits...and I do have lots of jiggly bits. Losing 2kg this month (4.4 lbs) - I'm definitely in. This plateau I've hit can't last forever. Especially since I know it's because I've been a bit too "flexible" with my food and need to be more diligent.

Patty - I am SO glad to hear that Blackie is doing so much better! Yay! I like your commitment to exercising 4 days a week, so much so that I'll commit to that too!

Annie - We're having beautiful weather here too. Take a walk at lunch. If we both walk at the same time, maybe we can walk together (sort of).

Can't wait for everyone to join us on our jumpin', jivin', jazzin', jiggly journey!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

Ok, there - that's done. I didn't follow the links and was scanning the page for the new thread.

Michelle can tell us how to put the text part into the hyperlink so that it doesn't show //http:yadda.yadda.yadda.dot.com - I have long since forgotton most of what I knew on the web - a true case of don't use it, lose it overnight

Thanks for the tip Shad. Tried Windex. Doesn't work. Leaves huge streaks. I did find some pads and an applicator made by Scotch Brite I think that work rather well. My appliances are about 4 years old now and like you said, I think the newer stainless steel appliances have some sort of coating that makes them easier to clean. I would still swap them out for black applicances in a heart beat but we've already shelled out enough money in the last few months...

I got most of my planting done last night. Little pots of flowers here and there. I love color. The hummingbirds are coming back. You still have to wait to see them but you can pretty much see at least one every day. I can't stay out much past 7 tho - the mosquitos are ferocious. This is a problem since I work until about 6pm. By the time I get home, get something on the table for supper and we eat, it's past 7 o'clock. Even with someone helping DH with the lawn mowing, there's still lots of yard work to be done. Guess I have to bite the bullet and get up earlier Although if I leave at 7:30 it takes me almost an hour to get to work. If I leave at 8 it takes 30 minutes because of traffic. So see my point?

Anyhow I apologize for not doing personals this morning. Gotta get out of here and I always have a problem remembering what people said when we transition to a new thread.

I would like to join you in your July challenge Shad but let me get this foot taken care of first. For now I am focusing on less sweet beverages, more water, daily fruits and maybe getting a little more sleep. And cleaning junk out of the house

Happy new month chicks.

Wake up Mel.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

Geez you two snuck up on me.

Wow Michelle - you are one little pile of ambition there. One of the girls at work does the craft circuit - she makes jewelry. She's become more selective over which shows she does. It's alot of work - particularly when you have a "day" job. Congrats on catching all those fish! I can't think of anything more relaxing that sitting quietly on the water.

Ooop, cat wants out. Gotta go attend to the princess.

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-01-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #7  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey kids, to put text into your link instead of the link, do this... when you put in the link change the text between the URL opening tag and the URL closing tag, but leave the actual link intact. Hard to describe this without actually typing the tag and causing the entry to screw up but it's something like openingsquarebracket URL equals http link closingsquarebracket Your text here which becomes the underlined text openingsquarebracket / URL closingsquarebracket

Been lurking around for the last month with really not much to say. Work's been busy and I've been semi working the WW thing. At least I am in the 170s again. Yay me. So that is down 5 lbs and it is a start. Yes, Shad I'd be up for a challenge for July.

I took yesterday off for an extra long weekend and today is Canada Day today so it's a BBQ day. I need to go out for a bike ride before the paths get too packed wth holiday crowds, so though I'd love to stay I better get a move on.

I'll be back to play! Everyone have a lovely day - even if it isn't a holiday.

S

Last edited by Madcat; 07-01-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Michelle...I walked on morning break for 15 mins, then will walk with you at lunch....then again on afternoon break for 15 mins. Get your tennies on...
Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy and Shad --

Madcat explained the links really well. Here's a little bit more.

Here's an example of how to do a link on 3FC and how to change the text that appears:

Here's a link to Google:
http://www.google.com

As you view it in "Go Advanced"...., in between the [URL....] [/URL...] insert the words you want to appear as the link.

Go to Google

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #10  
Smackin' into a Wall

Michelle, you are quite right. I made the erroneous assumption that people were already in the Go Avanced screen. Should have known better. You managed to describe it more concisely and more accurately... story of my life
Old 07-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #11  
Choose your hard

Dear Madcat,

I understand if you can't make it here on a regular basis but you Canadian folks seem to find the BEST avatars so if you will, give us a peek once in a while Thanks

... now I think I understand why my cat seems to want to roam around outside until all hours of the night

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-01-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #12  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM MUCH TO TIRED FOR JAZZING JIVING AND JIGGLING TODAY SO I WILL POST A QUICKIE! GLAD WE ARE IN A NEW MONTH. I LOVE MADCAT'S SUMMER CAT. HOW CUTE IS THAT. AND GOOD TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE HERE TODAY. SHAD I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON THE CHALLENGE AS SOON AS YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IS 2 KILOS? I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN MARIJUANA BUT NOT IN BODY FAT
I WENT FOOD SHOPPING. THANK GOD WILLY FOUND ME IN THE FREEZER SECTION. MY "STEERING" ARM WAS KILLING ME. HE HELPED FINISH THE SHOPPING AND GET ME CHECKED OUT. I REMEMBER TO TIP HIM WELL TOO.
PUT EVERYTHING AWAY, PUT ON A PAIN PATCH AND WENT OFF TO VOLUNTEER FOR A LITTLE WHILE, TAKE A SHORT RIDE AND HURRY BACK....IT WAS THE KIND OF HEAT I CANNOT BREATHE IN. SO I AM OFF TO THE SHOWER TO COOL OFF AND REST. MAYBE CUT SOME FRUIT UP AND ALSO MAKE A GREENS SALAD FOR LATER. I AM DOING NOTHING ELSE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY!!
SORRY NO PERSONALS. BUT SENDING LOVE OUT TO YOU ALL.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #13  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THANKS ELLIS FOR GETTING ME HERE!!! I GET LOST SO EASILY!! ESPECIALLY ON MY WAY TO JOIN SHAD IN JAKARTA!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon every one

Have been busy the past couple of day's myself. The health department came today and it's end of month report's day.

The old thread was way down on the bottom. Had trouble finding it.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Yep, sorry I didn't get back to post the link in the old thread. Dear Ellis - are you psychedelic or telepathetic or something? Normally I have to ask Ruth to close the thread, but this morning there it was all done for me by Ellis. No questions asked - just a service performed. Thank you. My excuse was that my network decided to log out at an incredibly bad time and I was too tired to fight with it, so I turned off the computer and the tv (pay tv went out too) and read a book for an hour then went to bed early. Silly move, since I slept like the dead until 12.30 and had to read for nearly 2 hours before getting back to sleep.

I'm getting really stressed about the amount of work still to be done. It's a pain. The more I do, the more I seem to have left to do. And now HR has come to the aid of the party and given me a list of instructions a page and a half long. None of which makes much in the way of sense. I need to get to that this afternoon. Meantime, I'm trying to get the other manuals finished in the order of training. I think I will still be typing furiously when the trainees are filing into the training room.

But enough of the doom and gloom. What will be, will be. How does that go - Que sera, sera. Yeah right, now I am singing the darn song. Doris Day - GO AWAY.

Oh oh, now I am having a problem with the Go Advanced screen. It's not showing me the previous 15 posts. This is what happened before it crashed in June.

Annie - enjoy walking with Michelle (well cybernetically anyway) enjoy the weather.

Michelle - You are going to be very busy with 2 jobs, gym, house and garden and craft shows - I thought I was a bit of a workaholic!!! My friend in Arizona does stalls at craft shows. She was making bags out of denim jeans and tee-shirts which she paints and embroiders and childrens clothes etc. Sometimes she does well, other times not. Guess it depends on what the Joe Public are looking for at the time.
Body pump was okay. We had an instructor who hadn't taught for over 2 years and to say she was rusty was being nice. However she did try hard and did explain and did apologise for her shortcomings. I put more weight on the bar and that helped me to sweat a bit more. Next week I'll probably up the weights again at least for the first half of the class.
Glad to hear that you hold the fish and don't dangle them for what seems like forever as they do on tv.
2Kg - well let's give it a good shot. What are you going to do to get it off? I'm concentrating on food, since that is what I am not doing right at this time.

Patty - good to hear from you. Glad to hear Blackie is doing better.

Happy - do you think I should write to Martha and tell her the Windex doesn't work?? Nah - there are some things I am afraid of!!
The garden sounds like it is looking very pretty. We still have the pesky mossies here too. Rotten things. I usually have to spray the house at night because I don't shut it up early enough and the little buggers get in as soon as the temps start to drop.
What happens to the traffic if you leave at 7.00am??

Madcat - good to see you and congratulations on getting back to 170s. It's never easy but doing it over again seems to always take longer and harder.
Thanks for the links info. I'll endeavour to remember it this time.

Mel - Oooh aaaaah, thank heaven for Willy. Must remember to give him a kiss next time I'm over. I've been cutting up Rockmelon (cantaloupe for you lot) for the snacks. Afraid I ate more than is left in the bowl

Right - that's about it for the time being. I must get back to work. See you

Last edited by Shad; 07-01-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Closed Thread