Old 07-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #1  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Default Intuitive Eating #8

Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're satisfied.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #2  
My Evolution

I didn't time limit this one. I think they generally close threads after 500 posts so until then this is the place to be!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #3  

Hi Shay, Thanks for the new thread. Since I haven't seen you in awhile I was wondering what to do. I thought I'd just let it go and someone would figure it out. Now you did it. Thanks again. Glad you're still here.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #4  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy July all. I've been doing a lot of writing the past few days, trying to find some insight into myself. I'm trying to find out why, when someone hurts me, why I hurt myself over it, by eating too much. It is so paradoxical, I wish I could understand the reasoning behind it. Do any of you respond to hurt (or fear) that way? Or is it just me? One of those mysteries of the universe I'd like to solve for myself.

Carol - you and I had the same idea - new avatars for July. Hope everyone has a good holiday, if I don't get back here before then.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #5  
My Evolution

I came back just in time Carol !

I have been wanting to change my avatar. I love butterflies but I am limited here on 3FC. Any ideas of where else to get avatars?

Soiley--I know exactly what you mean. I am a compulsive overeater/binge eater. I fight myself daily about not eating past full. Especially when things are not going right. IE has helped me. I journal and blog too. I also let my mom and BF in on the secret. That has helped. Otherwise I am in a constant vicious cycle. Upset and eating and then upset bc I'm eating, then eating more, etc
Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #6  

Just Google "free avatars". Nothing to it. ha! And I'm a complete ditz when it comes to computers.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #7  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip for free avatars.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #8  

This just in from Michelle May, M.D.

June was a big travel month for me. I made lots of notes about handling challenging situations when it comes to eating, physical activity and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Every day in July my posts will chronicle my trips and provide practical applications you can use to manage your weight EVEN (or more accurately, ESPECIALLY) if you love food.

The first leg of our trip was Kansas City; strange stop for a trip down under, I know. I was there to participate in a meeting of the American Academy of Family Physicians’ Commission on the Health of the Public. The rest of my family had never been to Kansas City so we added it to the beginning of our trip.

We arrived in Kansas City in late afternoon. After checking into our hotel, we went to the lounge at Skies, a revolving restaurant on top of the Hyatt Regency Crown Center. (You might remember that hotel from the atrium walkways that collapsed in 1981 killing 114 people.)

We had a beautiful, panoramic, 360 degree view of Kansas City. Because it was two hours ahead of Phoenix, we weren’t hungry enough to eat dinner yet so we ordered a quesadilla to share. This simple appetizer was beautifully presented, resembling the skyscape below. We each had just a few bites and with the views of the city slowly parading by, we all felt satisfied.

Travel Tip: Keep in mind that food should be enjoyable but doesn’t always have to be the main event. Focus on the ambience, the occasion, and your company while you indulge yourself in a few moments of relaxation.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #9  

Just another interesting blog from a friend of Michelle May, M.D.

Save it for the kudos file
Seriously.

When someone gives you the literary high-five, save it. Whether it comes by e-mail, a thank-you card, or letterhead, create that kudos file today and save all those good vibes that come your way.

Why?

There will be days when you feel like nothing is going right, like no one appreciates you, as if the world is crashing down on your head. That's when you'll need this file. You'll refer to it for the metaphorical pat on the back we all need from time to time. It'll be the reminder you need to pull you back into reality...Someone does love you. Someone does appreciate you. Someone does know your value. And that someone is not just you.

Why this post today? I just picked up a copy of a book that was given to me by a colleague. I was taking her keynote workshop class, and we cliqued. So she gave me a copy of her book, Outsmart Your Brain! And inside the cover, she wrote, "Jackie, choose to laugh and share...it's your gift." What a great testament from a woman I'd only gotten to know that weekend! It's the few words like those that remind us all of our value. On the days when we've forgotten that--and those days will come, even for the most confident--our kudos file will be something we can turn to for the uplift when we need it.

So dig out all the testaments you've received, hold onto the past thank-yous and any forthcoming ones, save whatever kinds words in print you recieve. Put them all in one file and label it your "Kudos File." From here on out, this will be your reminder of who you are when you're at your very best.

Isn't that something to appreciate?

~Jackie
Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #10  
My Evolution

"Kudos File". I like that. I'm a scrapbooker and I was planning to make a scrapbook with motivational quotes and stories and pictures. I still plan to do that but I think a "Kudos Scrapbook" may work better when I need a pick me up. Thanks Carol. Oh yeah, I am off to goggle "free avatars"!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #11  
My Evolution

Thanks Carol, that was easy. Now I have a new avatar!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #12  

Glad you found the avatars. There are almost too many. ha! I have been trying to cut back on refined carbs lately but it's not working. The first 2 weeks it worked really good and I didn't even do that much and felt great but lately I've just been craving sweets and don't know why. Sometimes I think I let myself get too hungry. I just don't feel like eating and then, baam! I over do it. Anyone else had this problem. Oh, the first 2 weeks I was drinking a lot of oolong tea but after awhile it affects my bladder so I quit that and I think that was giving me more energy.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #13  

Today I've hardly been hungry at all. Isn't that wierd? I wondered if had anything to do with activity but I can't really put my finger on it. Any suggestions? And the craving for sweets went away, too. One thing for sure is that when I worry my appetite is about nil, and lately I've been worrying way to much. But yesterday was about the same as today and I was so craving sweets. I'm long past menopause so that can't be it either.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #14  
My Evolution

Carol--I think I mentioned this before. Sometimes I am just not hungry either but when its time to eat I can't decide what to eat. Then by the time I do eat I am starving. Something I am working on. I think some days we just want to eat more than others. Just like some days we want this vs that. I just try to go with the flow.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #15  

Though not about IE I thought this was an interesting blog.

July 3, 2008
July 4th Choices
For many of us the July 4th holiday is going to start by mid-day. Some of us are off to the beach, others to the cooler environs of the mountains and for others it will be barbecues and picnics, fireworks, parades and swimming closer to home. This weekend is the official start of summer for most people. Summer is a time for play and rejuvenation. It offers the possibility of early morning and long evenings. How many of you will try not to use them for working? And instead use this time to have fun with friends, family and yourself. Are you willing to picture yourself in the park and/or your backyared lying on a blanket or lawn chair with a glass of ice cold tea just lolling the afternoon away without a care in the world? Those of you who choose to do this will reap rewards by coming up with new ideas, energy and solutions for your businesses and careers.

Another wonderful thing about July 4th is that we celebrate the birthday of the US. It's a time to truly stop and be grateful for all that we have and most of all our freedom to get up each day and know we will have an endless variety of choices as to where we work, shop and play. Yes, times are tougher for most of us. However, we have choices and it is up to us to remember that we still have so much more than the majority of people walking this earth. CELEBRATE and make a commitment that starting right now, you will complain a little less about the cost of gas, the state of the economy and the war in Iraq. Instad create an intention to be more conscious, grateful and celebratory of all your small victories and pick one thing you can do to make the world a better place.

Happy July 4th everyone

Arlene Rosenberg