Old 06-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #1  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Default What do you feel you eat the most of?

It sure seems like people who are successful with weight loss eat (or try to) eat not the same thing *every day*... but usually have a few choice foods they eat most days. Low calorie, healthy, filling - weight loss foods.

I noticed when I lost weight before, I ate a lot of:

* Low fat, lower sugar yogurt with grapenuts

* Healthy cereal (smart start, special K) with fruit for at least one meal per day.

* Baked or grilled chicken

* Cut up melon and other fruit in a tupperware and ate when feeling "snacky"

* Frozen meals

What do you feel you eat frequently that helps with weight loss?
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #2  
I will do this.

-Laughing cow and mini light babybel cheese....a staple in my life

-Chicken, chicken, chicken and more chicken

-Brown rice...usually a cup a day at dinner (150 calories)

-Sara Lee lite bread

-Fruit - kiwi, oranges, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, apples, peaches etc

-Veggies - peppers, onions, artichoke, spinach

-Starbucks - I love it. Iced grande skinny vanilla latte - and Americanos but I have changed since I used to get grande white mochas which are 600 calories a pop!

- Rye crackers

-Kashi oatmeal

-Boca burgers...a tab high in sodium but makes me like I am eating a burger to get over a Wendy's attack

-Skinny cow - not an everyday thing but really helps me fight away the "sugar fairy"
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Gigantic salads with light dressing . . . fills me up for very few calories.

Chicken and fish . . . more chicken and more fish . . . still more chicken and fish -- very little beef

Egg white omlettes with lots of vegetables and a quarter cup serving of the oldest grated cheddar I can find because I'd rather have the fat from the cheese rather than from the egg yolks.

Old fashioned, large flake oatmeal made with water and topped with fruit.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Boca burger (Flame Grilled flavor) with La Tortilla Factory Low Carb tortillas (150 cal total and very filling!).

Fage 0% fat yogurt (80 calories) w/ one splenda and strawberries (heavenly!)

1/2 cup egg whites (50 calories) w/ veggies for breakfast

Jay Robb Whey Protein shakes in chocolate flavor (100 calories, setvia sweetened, 25 grams of protein, 1 carb, 0 sugar)..mixed with 1 cup soy milk and 1/2 banana...yum!

low fat laughing cow cheese

Replaced my skinny latte for a regular coffee with a bit of skim milk. I don't have to have it, wo I can skip it!

Lean Cusine pannini's. Yes, lots of sodium and it's white bread, but sometimes, I just gotta have a pannini!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I eat certain kinds of produce all the time. Everything else is rotated. Some things, though:
-lettuce (red leaf, green leaf, and romaine)
-tomatoes... in everything.
-red cabbage
-mushrooms (I can clear a pkg a day)
-spinach either steamed, in salads, or in smoothies, which leads me to...
-green smoothies (ingredients vary)
-I don't eat it all the time, but I always have a package of edamame in the freezer when I need a go-to snack. With a little sea salt, it is WAY more satisfying than chips or crackers.
-EGGS. I love eggs. I tried to go vegan, but I couldn't give them up.
-there is always ground turkey or soy crumbles in my freezer for when I want to make a casserole.
-FRESH garlic, herbs, and spices. Peeling and crushing fresh garlic is way better than powdered or when it comes in a jar, IMHO. I think it's the process of preparing it to cook makes me appreciate cooking, food, and the overall process more. I never really did that before. I always went straight for dried herbs & spices just to get the plate in front of me. This slows it down a little bit.

So, 4 years later and we're looking at salads and omlettes

Last edited by junebug41; 06-30-2008 at 05:41 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I eat a lot of:

Omelets

Turkey

Provolone

Tomatoes

Strawberries

Milton's Whole Grain Bread (very filling)
with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and real honey from our local green grocer

Melon

Kraft Fat Free Cheese

Tacos with corn tortillas

Delite pizza from Papa Murphy's

Diet soda

Iced Coffee
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 AM   #7  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

i eat a lot of fat free yogurt from Archer Farms (target)
salad mix
carrots
Light ranch
luna bars
fruit
frozen veggies
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Proteins: Eggs (boiled), tuna canned, chicken breasts.
Veggies: string beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, peppers (all colors), mushrooms, carrots, eggplant, lettuce (all types), rocket, spinach, tomatoes.
Fruits: pineapples, kiwis, strawberries, apples, oranges, peaches, apricots, cherries.
Bars & cereals: quaker chewy ones, atkins endulge, nature valley crunchy granola, special K, kellogg's fruit n fiber, dorsett musli, oatmeal.
Other stuff: Pasta, egg noodles, brown rice, multigrain bread, swedish krisprolls, melba toast, rye crackers, wholemeal flat bread.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:04 AM   #9  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

(Not a 20 something but this thread caught my eye)
Dairy: skim milk (steamed with espresso), 2% cottage cheese, babybel and laughing cow LF cheeses
Protein: Black beans, chicken, lean beef, fish (mostly out), shrimp
Veggies: snowpeas, colored peppers, baby mixed lettuces, cabbage, broccoli, green beans, radishes, edamame, brussels sprouts, spinach, celery, tomatoes, olives
Fruits: raspberries, blueberries, apples, grapefruit, strawberries, cherries, black grapes, cantaloupe
Grains: oatmeal, brown rice, ww bread, lo-fat triscuits, wasa crackers

Also, I'll get on a roll with something and eat it daily for awhile, then shift to something else.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 147/141/125

Height: 5'5"

I start off most days with oatmeal (cooked with water) with a splash of whole milk, whole milk yogurt, and a cup of coffee with a little bit of milk added. If I happen to have berries or something, I'll mix that into my yogurt, but if not I like it plain.

The rest of my staples are:
Fruits- whatever is in season and not too expensive. Lately it's been kiwi (especially golden kiwi!) and oranges.
Protein- Seafood, tofu, lentils
Veggies- Broccoli, eggplant, asparagus, cabbage, bean sprouts, onions, garlic, tomatoes, avocados, any color peppers, japanese pickles, corn on the cob, seaweed.
Dairy- Whole milk, plain yogurt, Pecorino Romano cheese for pasta and putting in olive oil to dip bread in, cheddar for sandwiches.
Grains- Brown rice, whole wheat pasta, bread from the local bakery
Fats- olive oil, butter
Drinks- coffee, unsweetened green tea, bottled tea blends, a glass of red wine per night, one Yakult probiotic shot every day
Guilty pleasures- ice cream!

My usual rotation of dishes includes veggie curry with brown rice, peperoncino (garlic and dried red pepper sauteed in olive oil, tossed with whole wheat spaghetti, topped with broccoli and pecorino romano cheese), stir fried tofu and veggies with brown rice, lentil curry, lentil soup, and sandwiches and fruit for lunch.

And before anyone gets on me about full fat dairy/butter...
I recently got my cholesterol tested for the first time. 150 total cholesterol, and my HDL is higher than my LDL!
wanderlusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #11  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I eat plants, many kinds, lots of them.

Kale, chard, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, onions, garlic, leeks, coconut (milk, flesh, oil), olives, lemons, limes, lentils (especially RED!), beans (especially black beans, pinto beans, white beans and black soy beans) , blueberries, strawberries, mango, ornages, arugula, spinach, baby lettuces of all sorts, avocados, nuts (especially almonds) and seeds (especially sesame, flax, pumpkin and sunflower), quinoa, tofu and other soy products, spices and herbs of all sorts, herbal teas and green teas, coffee and so on.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Chicken. I think I eat chicken 6-7 days a week, sometimes as many as 3 times a day. I'm really just not a big fan of red meat or most seafood, so it's really my main source of protein. I'm trying to branch out a bit--I bought some boneless pork chops to try to make this week, as well as a turkey breast tenderloin, but right now, it's chicken, chicken, and more chicken

And to specify, for me, it's 99% fat free boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins. I find it much easier to cook the tenderloins just right so they're not dry or cooked on the outside while pink in the middle--I've had these issues with regular thicker chicken breasts.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #13  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

Complex carbs and and lean protein! I eat a lot of chicken and tuna, brown rice, broccoli, natural multigrain oatmeal, and spinach. I love me some natural peanut butter too, delicious and nutritious...mmmmmmmmmm (yes, it has a lot of calories, but I don't care...I LOVE peanut butter!!!)
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #14  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

chicken (I love the tenderloins too--- easy to portion out b/c they're usually about 3 oz--- you don't have to cut fat or rib meat off them either--- I take large freezer ziplocks and line them up in a single layer and freeze them in stacks--- I can get like 10 tenderloins in one bag--- easy to just open them up and take a couple out at a time and put the rest back, too)

~ Jello Sugar free pudding packs (60 cal)
~Frigo Light Cheese sticks (60 cal)
~ Fresh fruit (bananas, apples, pears, nectarines)
~ Romaine and Iceberg Lettuce
~ Kraft Zesty Italian light done right dressing
~ ICBINB spray and PAM spray
~ canned green beans
~ fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts
~ brown rice and whole wheat pasta
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #15  
Bikini Season :)

cereal
boiled shrimp and chicken
plain herbal iced tea