Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #1  
paulaS

S/C/G: 285/tickler/150

Height: 5 8

Default Feels good

Good morning everyone,
I've been on induction for 1 week now, and I really do feel good, the headaches and muscle aches has stopped, I've lost almost 10lbs, I no most of its water weight, but I haven't seen the scale move so fast in a long time, and that really motivates me ever more, I dont even crave any sugar or starches now, It was hard, I'm not going to lie, my only problem is that I haven't been working out, it seems like I can't fit it into my schedule, I work 2 full time jobs, and have 3 kids, any advice.
PaulaS
pkend4593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Paula,

CONGRATULATIONS on the WL.. thats awesome !!!

2 fulltime jobs and 3 kids... woweee I can't imagine having time to do anything with two jobs besides the kids...what do you do?

I would suggest maybe making little changes, like parking your car farther... walk 10 minutes at lunch time, stuff like that.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #3  
paulaS

S/C/G: 285/tickler/150

Height: 5 8

Leenie,
I'm an LPN, I work in a MD office M-F, I do home health nursing on the weekends 8am-12am (sat, sun).
Paula
pkend4593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/200/135

Height: 5'4

Well done on losing that weight keep going!!!
I was going to say when your at the grocey store take another lap around when your done... shoping
also you could
take your kids on a walk after dinner
my mom and I do that... we have a lot of fun!
Dolphinditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

mini-movements!

For 5 minutes every hour, or maybe even a minute or two, just do something. Maybe it's during the commercials on television...get the kiddos up and moving with you for fun. Jumping jacks, dancing, jogging in place, or even come up with a little strength training routine (lunges, squats, push ups). It's amazing how much extra we can squeeze into our busy days!

My thing I'm trying to incorporate is the jump rope. My studio is about 50 yards behind our house and so when I go from the house to the studio or back, I stop and do a minute or two of jumping rope. My other idea is to get a hoola hoop and do the same thing with that for variety..

Good luck and congrats on the weight loss!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on a good start !!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

on a good start Paula!

I recommend getting an exercise ball (about $15 - at your height I'd suggest 65cm) and using it to do basic exercises while you are watching TV at night with the family or even while you are helping them with homework. Here's a link with some mini-vids showing various ball exercises.

Also, if you can talk yourself into getting up an extra half hour early, maybe go for a brisk walk (eventually, once you feel up to it, a jog or run) around the block before you get in the shower? I know some people don't like to exercise in the morning but for me that's the best time. I am motivated in the morning. Afternoons I have to push myself, and by evening there's no way short of threatening my life you could talk me into exercising.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #8  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the weight-loss! It feels awesome, doesn't it?!
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Paula!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! This is only my second day on Atkins, so I am hoping to have results like yours to keep me motivated!

Even without kids and being off on summer vacation, it's hard to find time and motivation to exercise, so I can't imagine trying to fit it in with your schedule. I don't have specific advice except to say that you can do it! I have heard that doing ten minutes at a time spread out through the day is just as effective as doing thirty minutes straight. So maybe you can schedule in small exercise sessions throughout the day. Just keep in mind how far you have come and keep on going!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote