Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #391  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, I went to the emergency room late last night and had to get pain meds, vicodin and 800mg motrin, for a wicked bad toothache. It was so bad I had to leave work early yesterday. I didn't sleep at all last night, the meds didn't start working until early in the morning.. and I've been a little out of it since then... anyway I've been staying on plan though.... just haven't taken any of the supplements, except for the hns my multi-vitamin. I'll be back to normal once I see the dentist on Monday.

Hey is spaghetti squash supposed to be crunchy? I cooked my spaghetti squash, at least I thought I did, but it was crunchy when I ate it.

And how often are we supposed to be measured? I'm on day 20-something and haven't been measured yet. And is there a 10 lb board?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #392  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Hi everyone, I went to the emergency room late last night and had to get pain meds, vicodin and 800mg motrin, for a wicked bad toothache. It was so bad I had to leave work early yesterday. I didn't sleep at all last night, the meds didn't start working until early in the morning.. and I've been a little out of it since then... anyway I've been staying on plan though.... just haven't taken any of the supplements, except for the hns my multi-vitamin. I'll be back to normal once I see the dentist on Monday.

Hey is spaghetti squash supposed to be crunchy? I cooked my spaghetti squash, at least I thought I did, but it was crunchy when I ate it.

And how often are we supposed to be measured? I'm on day 20-something and haven't been measured yet. And is there a 10 lb board?

So sorry to hear about your trip to the ER! I hope you start filling better soon. I've yet to try and cook my spaghetti squash, but I think I'll give it a try tonight. I'll let you know if mine is crunchy too tho!

My center said they measure on or about day 17 - and yes there is a 10lb board (at least at my center) cause I got to sign it on Friday!!! I've happy and dissappointed about it tho - Happy cause it 10lbs!! Disappointed cause I had little cheats from last Saturday almost all the way to Friday - so maybe I could have done even better if not for the cheating? I'm beginning to think my "out of control" behavior is due to my TOM- I had another bad evening of sweets cheating last night. I actually slept till 11:30 this morning (probably a junk food hangover!) and will do my very best to remain OP.

So - anyway....I guess I really didn't answer too many of your questions, but I did manage to sneak in a confession! Sorry! Hope you make it till Monday with your tooth -
Old 06-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #393  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMomma View Post
Hi, everyone-

I am new to the program (just started yesterday) and am excited, nervous, a little doubtful right now. I've been reading through this forum and am so grateful to have found it. The support here is fantastic and you have answered so many of my questions already.

I'm in the 'detox' week now and am amazed at how much food I have to eat (way more than I usually do). I purchased the vitamin, flax, MRC-6 and MSM, but didn't buy the other supplements that were recommended (quite pricey...).

Anyway, I guess I'm skeptical at this point because I faithfully followed the Sonoma diet for the past two years and lost 20 pounds, but fell of the wagon last November and gained all of it, plus a little, back. That's the story of my life (and I can see I'm in good company!!). I have a hard time believing that I'm going to drop a minimum of 3 pounds per week. That's NEVER happened to me before on any of the plans I've been on, like WW, which I followed religiously, even with regular exercise.

Is it the supplements that make the weight loss possible? I don't want to get my hopes up and lose my motivation...

Thanks!

Welcome CountryMomma!! You've found the right place if you need some extra support. I don't know what I'd do without everyone here. I am/was alot like you as far as the skeptical part - but I was also fed up with getting no where on other diets. This plan really does work - however it is very restrictive vs. something like WW (which I've done as well and did lose 18lbs). There are any "points" to save for an icecream at the end of the day type thing. This have proven to be very hard for me personally - but I'm trying to deal with it the best I can. I did find things have gotten a little easier once I got to day 11 (green menu) - I'm currently stuggling with cravings for sweets and saltlys - but I seriously think that is in part due to my TOM. So I've cheated this past week and not been totally OP - but I've still managed to lose 1.5 lbs (this also should be my platue time) so who knows how I'd actually do if I didn't stray from plan. I do think the "pills" help - probably cause they fill you up since your taking so dang many!

You will do great - trust the plan! And don't be afaid to come here for questions or support!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

We need to start a new thread I don't know how or I would Melanie
Old 06-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post

Personal update. I'm very frustrated with the diet right now. I'm boycotting some of the pills b/c I just can't take them all anymore and EVERYTIME I go in there they want me to take something else (or they mention something that I should "put in my pocket" to think about for next time, or once I'm in stablilization).

I feel like I'm doing the best I can and following the rules and the scale hasn't moved in almost 2 weeks again. I was so hoping to be at goal by now (original goal of 130) but I'm stuck @ 138 and I REALLY want to go lower (like 120-123). UGH! Then I get mad and eat what I want, b/c THAT will help. I've done well all week and then @ lunch I had 1/3 of a hamburger and about a 1/4 cup of fries from Bennigans (after I had eaten most of my salad with real dressing on it). I, at least, took some carb blockers when I realized I was going to cave, but still. This self-sabotage sucks!
Rocki - you can do this! The scale has not moved but maybe you are losing inches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
I wanted to let you all know I hit the 70lb board I am so on cloud nine I now weigh 174.5 yeah . I started stabalization today. they are going to do my measurements next week.
Congradulations on all of yu that lost this week. melanie
Melanie - Congrats on the 70 lb board. That is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMomma View Post
Hi, everyone-

I am new to the program (just started yesterday) and am excited, nervous, a little doubtful right now. I've been reading through this forum and am so grateful to have found it. The support here is fantastic and you have answered so many of my questions already.

I'm in the 'detox' week now and am amazed at how much food I have to eat (way more than I usually do). I purchased the vitamin, flax, MRC-6 and MSM, but didn't buy the other supplements that were recommended (quite pricey...).

Anyway, I guess I'm skeptical at this point because I faithfully followed the Sonoma diet for the past two years and lost 20 pounds, but fell of the wagon last November and gained all of it, plus a little, back. That's the story of my life (and I can see I'm in good company!!). I have a hard time believing that I'm going to drop a minimum of 3 pounds per week. That's NEVER happened to me before on any of the plans I've been on, like WW, which I followed religiously, even with regular exercise.

Is it the supplements that make the weight loss possible? I don't want to get my hopes up and lose my motivation...

Thanks!
Welcome - This is a great program and a great forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi all and WELCOME country mamma!!Well i went in today to get weighed and measured and since march 22nd i have lost 26.4 pounds and 26.5 inches! I thought that was awsome i did re-sign for another 17 weeks so i plan to lose alot more! I just want all you to know that i could not have done it without all your help and encouragment!
Way to go! Glad you re-signed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I inherited several loose packets of FiberFill without any instructions. How do these fit into the program? Do they replace an HNS? Is there a limit on how many you can drink in a day or week, like the creamies? Also, the packets are smaller than the creamies/HNS, so how much water is ideal for mixing them up?
You can have 3 per day on the green menu. They say if you need help going to the bathroom to drink them with food. Otherwise just drink them in between to fill you up. I mix them with about a cup of water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post

Sorry about the toothache. Hope you feel better soon! As for the spaghetti squash - it shouldn't be crunchy. When you cook it you should be able to poke a fork in it really easy and scrape the strands with the fork easily.

A little update on me - Started the week .5 from the 30 lb board. I was facing many challenges and winning. Then Monday morning TOM. Started both Mon and Tues on plan - did not end OP. Wed got back in the saddle one more time and stayed OP. Friday WI still .5 form 30lb board. But then I got sick. A stomach virus that I got from my son. So Fri and Sat were way off plan. Trying to get back on today. But still feeling a little off. Maybe that .5 will be mine anyway tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #396  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

I have a quick question. I hope someone can tell me. I made the chicken okra gumbo (pg 45 recipe book, and it was really good by the way). The serving says replaces 4 oz protein 4 oz veggies. Does this mean that I need to measure the meat out of the gumbo and then measure the veggies. I just measured the whole dish together and I know it's not 4oz of meat or veggies, and it was a very small serving.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #397  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

losingforhealth - well said! You reminded me how hungry I was all the time when I was hoovering around the 260's. This plan is restrictive, but I feel like I'm eating all the time and don't have nearly as many "I'm starving" moments as I did when I ate junk! And thanks for the strawberry float - I'll have to try that. I just had another rootbeer one today - it really hits the spot.
stuck in grad school - I already tossed my box, but I think you can have up to 3 fiber fills a day. You mix it with 8 oz of water (a don't like mine as sweet so I add a little more). It does not count against your HNS count. It's actually a good fiber replacement and keeps you full. You can have it with meals or in between. Someone correct me if I'm wrong since I'm going from memory.
alexiah - Congrats for signing back up, you're almost at the half way point!
Strawberry - no, the spaghetti squash shouldn't be crunchie I had never made it before MRC either! It should be really soft and you run your fork along the inside and it really makes strings that looks like spaghetti. Make sure to take the inside stringy/seed part out first - that's nasty tasting - speaking from experience They usually measure you twice the first month, then once a month there after. Don't let them do a tanita during TOM, your numbers will be really off. Just have them wait a week.
exsquisit - I've never tried that one, but if it says it serves 1 - you eat the whole thing. If it serves more, I put the appropriate amount of bowls out, mix it up really good and just eyeball it. It should be enough protein and veggies. It makes me a little nuts because I weigh and measure everything. But I have to lighten up a little!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #398  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Oops, Grad School started a new thread - not sure how to link you over there . . . . .
Closed Thread