General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 01:13 PM   #1  

Hi, my name is Lisa, I started using Slimfast shakes, twice aday, on the 17th January 2001, and so far I have lost 27lbs. My first weigh in was the 17th of Jan, and I weighed 268LBS, I am now 241LB as of Sunday 25th February. I have 2 shakes aday, I eat a sensible dinner, I have several snacks throughout the day and I excercise 6 days aweek, and boy, do I feel great!!! I just wanted to share with you my success so far. I have my own club, called "FRIENDS AND SHAKERS". It is a great place to come and get support and motivation while using slimfast products.
I would love to meet other who have been using Slimfast. Please e-mail me anytime at [email protected].
Thanks for listening, LISA
Old 03-05-2001, 10:27 AM   #2  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I use Slimfast too, among other things and have lost 50 pounds in the past year. I know it does not seem very fast but I have no complaints. Sure I'd love to have lost twice that but at least I'm loosing. I lost most of the weight with just slimfast but in winter I don't want cold drinks and I don't like their meal bars as much as the Powerbar ones, they're yummy!
Old 03-13-2001, 02:04 AM   #3  
Justa Wannabe

Thumbs down Slim Fast

CONGRADULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU...
I have a few questions:
1 - what do you consider "sensible dinner"?
2 - what kind of snacks do you eat?
3 - what foods have you eliminated from your diet that you were eating before you lost the weight with Slim Fast?
4 - Are you keeping track of anything? (carbs - fat - calories - protein)?
5 - Are the snacks in between the two shakes you have for breakfast & lunch?

Thanks...I'd appreciate any feed-back

Last edited by Greeneyez; 03-13-2001 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:55 PM   #4  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Well I am a bit on the unconventional side. I don't follow the diet as striclty as Mabey I should. I have cut out most of the junk food and try to watch the fat in the things I purchase. However I do allow myself one meal a week that is high fat, such as pizza. Also I do not buy any frozen microwave type foods as these are usually very high in fat. I also use much less butter and use real butter instead of margarin and olive oil for salad dressings.
For snacks, between breakfast and lunch I have either fruit or an energy bar which is a heavy sort of fruit and nut bread that comes in individual serving sizes. there are about 12 to a bag and I buy them at my local wholesale club (Sam's Club in my area).
My sensible dinner is actually at lunch time instead of dinner time. It is healthier to eat larger meals in the middle of the day as youre body will use that instead of storing it for a later time. I try to have a balanced meal with meat, veggies and usually rice or pasta, sometimes potatoes. I eat as much as I want. With the other two meals being so small my stomach really does not hold as much as it used to so it is considerably less than I used to eat.
For dinner I have the seccound bar\shake around 7:00 pm which is my usual lunch break at work and then around 9\10:00 I have a piece of fruit. I also like the slimfast snack bars and sometimes I have those instead which helps keep away the chocolate cravings.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:11 PM   #5  
Justa Wannabe

Thank you so much. I'm gonna keep this info fresh in my mind.
Closed Thread