South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Weekend Chick Chat

Happy Saturday!

I have a full house, Monica and the girls decided to come out last night. We're getting ready now to go out for some breakfast at the Pa. Dutch Smorgasbord and some shopping at the Amish Farm Market, the we have to get back in time for Dustin & Andrea to drop off Tyler for the day. They're taking Amber tubing in the Poconos. Carley will be spending the night with us again tonight, since Monica and Caitlyn are going to see Steely Dan. So it looks like most of my weekend is filled with babysitting the grandkids. Lots of spoiling will be happening around here!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Morning, Cottage. Sounds like you are about to embark on a fun-filled and people-filled weekend. Enjoy!

My niece Anne announced yesterday that she wants to marry her Australian sheep farmer next Saturday. My sister is freaking but Anne says "Just call Aunt Ruth. She'll pull it together, Mum!" I did get them a minister and it's going to be on the lawn at Joan's farm with only a dozen guests so.....Aunt Ruth can pull this together with garden flowers, lots of wine and a catered meal. Anne and Stuart were to get married last Sept. but decided they didn't know each other well enough. Since then they've had a baby so I guess they know each other well enough now! Thank heavens she kept the dress I made her last fall and it sits!

This afternoon we (dogs are invited) are off to a big party in the village. Mrs. Peabody is a Brit who lives here in summer and her grandson Robert is a rock singer - I have forgotten the name of his group but he's big in the UK. He's doing a show for us and there'll be food, wine, music and even karaoke! It should be fun and will shake up some of the staid villagers a bit.

I'm trying not to think about next week's workload but planning to really relax and have fun this weekend. (Aside from Fair stuff, wedding stuff and the usual daily grind, there's Canada Day celebrations and the 4th of July champagne cruise for fireworks on the Lake.) Somehow I doubt I will lose 40 pounds this coming week.

Hope your weekend is a fun one.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-28-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:07 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Wow, Cottage and Ruth...sounds like you both have very busy weekends ahead!!!! Cottage, do you think that Monica and Caitlyn could swing by and pick me up to go see Steely Dan???????

Have no idea what we are doing today. It has been storming every afternoon for the last few days. On the 3rd, we are supposed to go to a "Summer of Love" 40 year anniversary concert with Jefferson Airplane and other "old" bands and I'm hoping the rain lets up before then. Should be a lot of fun.

I'm headed out to work on the gardens in backyard, then have to bring my little Maltese, Stitch, to the "beauty parlor" His allergy skin is all cleared up, so it's time to get his hair all trimmed. He LOVES going to the beauty parlor. After all the money we spent at three different vets trying to get his allergies under control, that one tube of 12 dollar stuff from the feed store did the trick.

Oh, and we still have that "little blue duck" who is now a big white duck. He still has trouble walking, but is holding his own and "runs free" in our back yard. He's a trip.

Have a fun day everybody!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-28-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning

hey Cottage I'll be at Green Dragon next friday... are you near there at all?

feeling semi normal

weekend plans
today is aqua threat at 9
laps at 10
shower then shopping at produce stand and safeway
straighten up house as we are having guests this evening for grilling and gaming
fit in a manicure before dinner
oy...
tomorrow i rest i think
oh time to switch the laundry.....
already paid bills this morning
Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning all! Well we just decided we are going to Burlington in spite of the thunderstorm threats. I'm rushing around planning what I can bring to keep me on track at a barbecue and beer sort of event At least I know I will be able to find healthy stuff at a grocery store in Burlington so I should be alright. I'll just go for the standard hummus and veggies with lots and lots of seltzer.

Have a good (dry!) day
Old 06-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Keep driving north, Cyndi, and come to the Party in Delta.

Cat, I just toured your backyard garden and am so envious. My back yard is the field behind the barn and looks nothing like that.

Nessa, what the heck is Green Dragon? I guess I could Google it. I really must do my nails too - before this afternoon.

Just watched Mother Skunk and her babies drift out of the barn and take off for the cliff. I think they are summering in the barn, darn it. It's a good thing the dogs don't go in there! I know how to kindly kill them but just can't do it so will just live with them for a bit. They'll leave soon to live in the forest, I hope. Otherwise............

Just Googled Green Dragon. Looks like a fun place.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-28-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Sounds like everyone has a far more productive day planned than I do. I've gotten my yoga in this morning. Looks like a laundry and house cleaning day followed by reading I think. Works for me but I know I am bound to hear "I'm bored" from DD about half way through the day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I am doing NOTHING today. I'm so tired. Tommy stayed up playing a game until midnight. I caught about an hour and 15 minutes on the couch, then we woke up to the little one freaking over a spider in his room at 2am (I have no idea how he knew there was a spider in his room if he had been SLEEPING) and now I'm up for the day. Letting Tommy sleep a little since the wee one is up.

I have a gigantic mosquito bite on my thigh and I am about to go crazy over it. Just a little random thought.

Well, I need my tea desperately before I fall face-first onto the keyboard. Hope you girls have a great weekend!

Lisa
Old 06-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/191.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Morning all. Today is knit group and a couple house repairs for me. Sometime this weekend I need to bathe Summer. Winter, too, if I get really ambitious. Maybe Summer will be clean for 12 hours this weekend instead of last weekend's 11.

The weekend is supposed to be windy and in the mid 70s, so my house should cool down a bit. (Much of my city that is older than 5-10 years doesn't have air conditioning, as we really only need it a couple weeks a year. I made the mistake of leaving the curtains open on the big south facing windows the other day and heated up my house real good. Oops. )
Old 06-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies! Happy Saturday! Sounds like some of you are going to be really busy!

Cottage - Kids and more kids sounds like what's ahead for you. Have fun at the Amish Market. Sometimes I wish I was on the East Coast where there's more deep rooted culture. Sounds like a great time.

Ruth - What a great day! The party and concert just sound like a great time. AND planning a wedding!!! How fun! So glad today is shaping up to be so much better than yesterday!

Cat - Morning! Hope you come up with something fun to do today. Thanks for sharing your pics. They're fantastic!

Nessa - Sounds like you're feeling pretty good. Be sure to listen to your body and don't over do it!

Cyndi - Have fun at the BBQ. At least you're already preparing for it. Good job!

Stephanie - Have fun with the kids....what ever you end up doing!

Weezle - Maybe you could get a nap in today.....maybe????

Briezee - Good luck staying cool today!

Me - We've got some errands to run this morning (bank, laundry, groceries), and then hopefully Rich and I will be heading out to play some Frisbee golf. I really wanted to do something active today and I think this fits the bill. Have a fantastic Saturday ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 06-28-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #11  

Hi, everybody! Just a quickie while Tyler is napping and everyone else is in the pool.

Nessa! The Green Dragon is about 30 minutes from me, we go up there all the time! I'd love to meet you there, but Friday is the 4th of July, and we'll be having a big BBQ here. Are you sure they are open that day? Come on out to our place instead!

Weezle, Try a dab of toothpaste on that mosquito bite. It really works!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-28-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #12  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy weekend everyone!!

I am already pooped! Natalie and I met friends at the farmer's market this morning -- it rained off and on but that didn't stop us! She was sampling blueberries from everyone that had them! They also had live music and she danced with the other kids, finall we bought a few things, including peaches which we took to my sister-in-law who just had a baby and isn't getting out much.

Now I'm home with the baby but ready for a nap! It might have to wait.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #13  

I was outside mowing at 8 and then weedwacked until the battery died. I'll do more later. A scouting friend came over and Brian and I went with him to Sam's to buy four 8 foot tables and food for the adult staff party. He has the tax exempt on his membership (and I can't lift the tables by myself). The first Sam's was out of 8 foot so we ended up picking up his daughter, buying the tables at another Sam's and then dropping them at the warehouse. After lunch I got Brian to show me a couple of things at Target that he likes so I can figure out what to get him for his birthday in a couple of weeks.

Then we bought lava rock at Sams and came home to work on cleaning up the pool some more. I'm so glad they put in a loaner pool motor until my backordered one comes in. We need one more trip to the pet store and then after dinner Brian and I will work on putting in some more retaining wall and lava rock. Maybe it will be a little cooler by then. It's 97 now!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Whew! I just may be getting a bit old for this party stuff! I arrived at three and didn't get home until ten but it was worth it. Great food, people, music, dancing and a couple of wine spritzers made it quite a time. Disney went and was a real doll off-lead. She was friendly to everyone, didn't mooch food and kept checking back with me every so often. She's obviously a party pooch.

OMG! The sun is out! It was raining a few minutes ago.

We are off to obedience training this morning at 11 and will be home by 2. After that it'll be a visit to Harry and then to Peabody's again for leftovers.

Real life starts up again tomorrow with wedding and Canada Day prep.

Happy sin day - that's a typo but I'm leaving it!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:57 AM   #15  

Good Sunday morning!

Another sweltering day is in store for us, so it looks like the pool will be in full use again. Little Carley finally mastered swimming yesterday, but after that it was hard to get her out! It won't be too much longer before baby Tyler is swimming, too. He's only 11 months old, but thinks he can do anything the big kids can.

We're just waiting for Carley to get up, and she told Grandpop last night that she wants to go to Cracker Barrel for blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I must go to Wegman's afterwards to get coffee, we're all out, , and then to Barnes & Noble to find the book "Puff the Magic Dragon" for Carley. We were listening to the song yesterday, and she was intrigued with the story. I had to sing the song to her when I was tucking her into bed last night, too. Monica and Eric will be coming out to get her after Eric's show today, and Eric wants me to make my linguini with hot sausage, shrimp, and crab for supper.
Closed Thread