View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #26
Pastrey

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I posted in this thread earlier and wanted to update and add another .02 cents *lol*

Ok, so i did my whole year that I had paid for, and was POP most of the time...I admit to a few cheats here and there, but not very many. I was supposed to be getting married and was trying very hard to lose weight. I signed up with LAWL to lose 95 lbs. I struggled to lose 35 lbs.

I had tried to explain to the counsellors that the food plans they had me on was too much food. When I stalled they put me on a plan with more food. I gained weight. I again tried to explain to them it was too much food, especially carbs.

They would tell me they talked to the dietician, but nothing changed. So for $800+ I lost 35 lbs. Near the end of the program I put weight back on because they brought out the numbered plans and I was eating too much.

A few weeks ago I got a firm diagnosis of PCOS. I am insulin resistant/pre-diabetic. I explained to the doctor that I have been struggling to lose weight. He told me to cut down how much I eat and cut carbs out almost completely. I have taken his advice and have lost 10 lbs. in two weeks. I am now counting my calories and watching what I eat.

I do think LAWL is a good program for some, but we are not all the same. If you are stalling on weight loss and not getting any resolution, trust your instincts and what your body is telling you. I knew I had to drastically cut my calories and food intake, but couldn't stand the thought of losing the money I paid to LAWL. In the end, I lost my money because I didn't get the results I paid for and am still quite overweight.

Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote