Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145 / 143 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Default Losing Weight and looking for a bit of support

Hello all.
I'm on the Thurmond 6 week body makeover. I was on the 6 day body make over last year. I had lost 10lbs and kept it off. But, I truly had to lose more. So, I've decided this year to really get myself healthy. So, purchased the 6 Week Body MakeOver (6WBMO) and started June 8. I'm type E.

I'm also on another weight loss forum, but participation isn't as lively. I really need a few buddies and just a few to talk to.

First week I lost 5lbs.
Second week I lost 2lbs.

This is coming on to the 3rd week weigh in and I'm really having a hard time sticking to the plan. I'm not having difficulty cause it's a hard program. It is a hard program, but I love how rigid it is. And I have a sense of feeling really good by preparing in the evening and taking care of myself in this way.

What I'm having a hard time with is finding the motivation to do what I have to do when I have outside issues.

Work is getting me down and some family matters are as well. So, I get home and I don't even want to go through my routine. I don't walk, exercise and I don't prepare. Granted it's only been a few days that I've fallen out of my plan. But, I worry this will be a bad pattern starting. I'd rather stop it now.

I don't even have it in me right now to eat 5 times a day. I guess I'm starting to feel a little depressed due to my current situation and I have no idea how to turn this around. I know it would be better for me to continue the routine. It might actually save me from falling into a state of temporary depression, but I don't know how to get to that?

I know I'm babbling. I hope I've explained it well enough for you to understand. And any thoughts, ideas would really help!!

TIA! - Chick
chickenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Chick! I'm glad you've found us.

It can be VERY hard to deal with stress AND staying on plan...but I try to solve this by reframing. I start thinking of being on plan as a way to REDUCE chaos...it isn't something ELSE to do on top of all the rest, it's something I can do to make my life as calm as possible while other stuff is going on.

It really makes a difference for me. It means that, when I'm totally freaking out about some issue, I say to myself "Doing yoga will calm me down and make it easier to deal with my stress", or "Cooking is relaxing. I will cook myself a beautiful, healthy meal, because if I take care of myself, I'll be better able to take care of other things". It makes it SO much easier for me to continue doing the things I need to do.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #3  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

You know you can't always control the outside issues but you can be in total control of your eating and exercise plan. It may possibly be the only thing you can truly take control of. Last year my elderly mother came to live with me and threw all my retirement plans out the window. I spent all last year eating chips and junk, feeling really upset about this interruption to my life. But this year I decided to take control of what I could. I knew I couldn't change the fact that my mother is old and needs my help and that I can't come and go as I want but I certainly had complete control over what went in my body and how I treated it. I've lost 26 pounds since January, 16 of those since joining 3FC. Don't give in to discouragement because it's self-defeating.

Mandalinn's advice is really good and I'm sure you'll receive lots more if you keep posting here. Just having this support will help you. All the best as you battle the bulge.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies,
thanks for your posts.
You both make a lot of sense. I think I can start reframing and taking that different approach. I can't control what's happening around me but yes I can certainly control me.
I'll try that tonight when I get home.
I'll start back up and start slow. So, my goal for this evening... eat on my plan and prepare for tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenmonkey View Post
I'll start back up and start slow. So, my goal for this evening... eat on my plan and prepare for tomorrow.
That's it! That is how you work it each and every day!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenmonkey View Post
Work is getting me down and some family matters are as well. So, I get home and I don't even want to go through my routine. I don't walk, exercise and I don't prepare. Granted it's only been a few days that I've fallen out of my plan. But, I worry this will be a bad pattern starting. I'd rather stop it now.

I totally here ya on this one ... I have been there

my only suggestion for this is if you can force yourself to do any kind of exercise ( even if its just a walk to think things over or get out some stress or frustration ) I mean really force yourself .... it might come in handy ... it will give you that happy/energy boost you need to keep from going to the bottom of the pits!

Last edited by onesullengurl; 06-27-2008 at 12:21 AM.
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #7  

So, yesterday after reading everyone's posts I was ready for a evening with a focus on my mini goals. Well, I get a call before work ended, I need to get home right away, my youngest son has fallen. But, my husband says he may not need stiches. Of course, when I get there, we call the evening nurse just to find out how to clean the wound right. But, she thinks he should be seen. It was an evening at the hospital resulting in my son getting stiches. I was a nervous horrible wreck. So, with that said, no I didn't stick to the plan and no I didn't stick to it today either. I woke up late for work and rushed out of the house like a bat outta ****.

Now, I've been thinking about the situation. There wasn't anything I could control. The situation was what it was. So, rather than beat myself up. I've decided to focus on the fact that he's fine and okay. I can go back to the focus on my mini goals tonight and make that commitment.

I'll also take your advice and just try and do some form of exercise. I'll force myself to walk the dog w/ my husband tonight. And I know it's not real exercising, but at least I'll be moving. And I need to do that. I can't get depressed. I can't lose the motivation I had. I'm happy that within two weeks I lost a total of 7lbs. And in those 2 wks I had no issues w/ gerd, no asthma issues. Health wise I was feeling good with the new changes I made. I know where I want to be and I want to get to it. So, here's to a new evening to start on my mini goals!!!

Sorry for the babble, but I needed a little convincing for me too, I had ot write it out.
Thanks for listening.

Last edited by chickenmonkey; 06-27-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I hope your son is okay! It's really easy to go off plan in stressful situations, but your attitude is good!

And walking with the dog may not really get your heartrate up there, but it gets you moving, out of the house AND away from food. Don't knock a good walk!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
And walking with the dog may not really get your heartrate up there, but it gets you moving, out of the house AND away from food. Don't knock a good walk!
Well, it may, at least to a moderate level. Of course you will have to stop here and there (the pooch needs to "smell the roses", too ), but you can walk at a really brisk pace so the dog is trotting - it will be a good exercise for both of you.
Personally, I think you will get a better exercise without the husband (if you go together you will talk and walk slowly) but it depends of what is the primary focus - quality time with DH or exercise.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
Well, it may, at least to a moderate level. Of course you will have to stop here and there (the pooch needs to "smell the roses", too ), but you can walk at a really brisk pace so the dog is trotting - it will be a good exercise for both of you.
Personally, I think you will get a better exercise without the husband (if you go together you will talk and walk slowly) but it depends of what is the primary focus - quality time with DH or exercise.
oh can't walk the dog without the husband. she'll drag me..lol
Thanks for your posts!!