Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default This board is slow!! What are you all doing?

I can't help but notice how slow things are around here lately. Is everyone off busy doing summer things? AND staying healthy? Or are a lot of people struggling and not posting? Would love to hear what everyone is doing.

Me, I just lost A Pound. It took 28 days. I guess it is the Golden Pound! I am not letting it back on.

Been very stressed but keeping my eating under control. Summer is nice tho, and I am enjoying having my children around me, and also all the nice fresh summer fruits and veggies which make it easier to eat right. My marriage is completely shot but I am coming to terms with it and prepping for a more independent life. I am feeling stronger and stronger as I lose weight and strength train. Seriously, lifting weights just 20 minutes, 3x a week has done wonder for my muscles. I do it at home and use 5-10 pound weights. Nothing heavy duty. But the definition under the fat is noticable!

How about you? What's up in your life?
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I've been on vacation for a week and trying to catch up has me sort of overwhelmed. I put on a little vacation weight; I was down to 190.6 as of last Thursday, but then I went back up to 192.2. Still, I did pretty well on vacation in spite of lots of drinking, and I took my friends on a five mile hike, so there was some exercise.

Now I have three weeks to get my weight moving again before my trip to NYC! So things are just kind of in a holding pattern diet-wise. That's okay, though. I don't mind maintaining for a month or so as long as I stay under 200.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I usually post on our accountability thread each day.

This week, I've made it throught 4 consecutive on-plan days and am now on day 5. On Monday, I began working out again. Hubby and I have been walking for about 75 minutes in the evening. Yesterday, thunderstorms arrived at walking time, so I got on the treadmill and did day 1 of week 1 of my modified 13 week C25K.
Now, the weekend is here and I'm nervous. Weekends are usually my rough times because we like to eat out and relax with a margarita or two.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-27-2008 at 11:48 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #4  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

I have been struggling. I'm back OP and feeling pretty good.
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

BUSY!!!!

Weddings like mad. Working with another photographer on some things that are going to make for a very busy 2009. Trying to get my website together. Trying to find time to keep the house looking like human beings live there (rather than a hoarde of monkeys).

Plus dealing with all kinds of personal s**t that I just don't want to be dealing with right now.

Sleep? That's optional!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sometimes in the summer, it just gets this way.

I am finishing up my first week back from vacation. I just got my suitcases put away yesterday!!!! I am glad next week is only a 4 day work week...I need a vacation!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I've actually been working lol I have a party tonight and one tomorrow night....I've also booked 3 parties for July too It's fixing to storm now so I had to hurry up and load up my Jeep before it was too late. (I do "fun" parties sshhh! hehe)

I've been OP! Not much exercise today but hopefully I can get some in tomorrow. I don't feel right when I don't do it....never thought I'd be saying that! My WI is tomorrow morning at WW

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I check in every day - maybe not post, but I read! I'm not losing super fast, but still losing - and that's the important thing...the scale's not going UP and this is definitely a way I can live, so I'm happy Down about 66 lbs. altogether.... having a good summer! yay!

I've been watching stupid things like "The Bachelorette" and I'm not even ashamed hahahah I like to think of it as my fast food junk fix - for my brain instead of my thighs
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

I've been a little more busy here lately with the job hunt. I had an interview today....yay!!!!!!! It went very well, so just keep your fingers crossed. Also DH finally found a truck and bought it today. We've been out of town every weekend and we are going again this weekend. We bought a car and are doing a total makeover on it. The interior was nasty and the engine didn't run. We got a new engine in it and we are putting new interior in it this weekend. So far we've got about $800 in it and would be able to sell it after this weekend for about $2500. We won't sell it but may sell DH's other car.

Also, I've lost 12 pounds!!! It will never be put back on again!

Last edited by crazycurls; 06-27-2008 at 04:50 PM.
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #10  
Tammy73

S/C/G: 254/215/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm new here. Been reading daily for the last few weeks but finally decided to jump in. My weight loss journey is just begining (again) and I'm ready for it.
I've just recently found out about some health issues and that I have a sensitivity to gluten and dairy. It's been challenging to find things to eat without gluten or diary but I'm feeling very motivated at the moment and ready to change my lifestyle. It's great to read all the posts and to see how well others are doing and also to hear the struggles that others are having.
Thanks for sharing.
Tammy73
Tammy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #11  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Tammy - let me be the first to welcome you to 3FC.

Lyn - whoo hoo - I've been waiting for you to lose that pesky pound. Congrats on 60 lost!!!!!!
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #12  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Tammy! I'm pretty new her also. I see we have similat starting points and goals. I'll be interested to see your progress!

We can do this!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #13  
FB

I'm swamped in work. Blah.

I still post, but have never been one to initiate many posts. I'm shy like that on the internet! I guess the summer season may be keeping me from posting much as we're busy doing summer stuff when we're not working.

I'm also experimenting (much to my husband's dismay) with not using the AC. My theory is that our house was built before there were such things and it will be more comfortable than more modern houses. I'm right (aren't we always?)!

My big thing with the AC, besides the $600.00 a month power bills last year, is that you don't really experience the whole summer thing. You just hang out in the cool and comfy house. As a family we're doing a TON of stuff together outside, sweating and generally enjoying summer more than we have in previous years. This is also my way of tricking my hubby into exercise as a group.

He's also recently started a day shift, always has done overnight shifts, so at night we're hanging out more. Odd to get used to him being around, have always considered myself a single married woman.

Besides that we're finishing our HUGE landscaping project in the backyard. Woo. It was a parking lot when we moved in, I love that blank slate but had no idea dirt was so costly.

Health/food wise I'm not having any struggles so far (knock on wood!). I started weight lifting about 6 weeks ago and love love triple love it. I thank heavens everyday that I really 'snapped' and that my actions have been as good as my intentions since I started. I'm also very thankful for my small but very supportive system.

Lyn! Congrats on the golden pound! Will you be posting more progress photos - or have you? I should check the blog!

Happy summer everyone!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks...I've been going along. I have a busy, busy summer with my storytelling & puppet work. Thankfully, I have a helper this summer - who can bring in my props, etc. It is surely saving 'wear and tear' on my pieces and parts (back, foot, etc). I wasn't sure I could do it...but, with her help I've done it and the children and adults are don't have a clue that I have physical problems and it hasn't effected the performances - folks are very, very pleased. (whew...)

I was very over zealous with my stretches yesterday and have a new ache in my back - hopefully, it will go away in a few days. I can't seem to win in that department.

Next weekend is my Mom's 85th birthday - also, our aunt's. They are firecrackers (born on the fourth of July) We are going to host a big family party with folks coming from many states.

Lyn...I am so, so happy you've lost a pound! That's wonderful. YAY!

Tammy - So glad that you posted.

I got on the scale and I've lost two pounds...finally. I am so, so grateful.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #15  
Silver Surfer

Hi! Everyone.

Welcome Tammy.

I just signed up. Looking for some motivation.

Have not been taking care of myself and now feel out of control.

Still reading and picking up lots of information around here. Thanks for that.

What does OP stand for?
Etta is offline   Reply With Quote