South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #1  
TimeForChange

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5,4"

Default Found some recipes that might be SB friendly...

I was doing a sugar free and low carb search tonight for recipes and came across the following.....I think they fall within either phase 1 or phase 2...but i could be wrong.....I'm new .....but they sounded really good ....

I see people mention this davinci sf syrup often and i am wondering where you get it....I live in canada (ottawa) and am not sure if it is something we have here or not......any know???

Sweet Nuts
12 oz. Nuts ( pecans, walnuts and/or almonds)
1 egg white (optional)
1/2 cup powdered Splenda
1/2 cup Davinci SF Syrup (any flavor is good)caramel
5-6 tble trans free margerine, melted
1 tsp spice (I use cinnamon) you can use more spices if desired.

1.Preheat oven to 350F.
2.coat nuts in egg white for shine and extra crispness(optional)
2. Mix Splenda and spice(s) together in a small bowl.
3. Put pecans and butter in bowl and toss until nuts are thoroughly coated.
4. Add syrup to bowl and toss until nuts are coated. (the nuts will soak up the syrup)
5. Slowly sprinkle spice into bowl, tossing until nuts are coated evenly.
6. Slowly sprinkle Splenda into bowl, tossing until nuts are coated evenly.
7. Pour contents of bowl onto cookie sheet, forming one even layer.
8. Bake 30 minutes, then begin tossing the nuts every 10 minutes to provide even baking and to avoid burning.
(Do a taste test at 30 minutes, the nuts should be crisp, if they are soft, keep baking!)
9. Bake 10-30 more minutes, until nuts are crisp.
10. Serve warm or cool on cookie sheet, then serve!

No flour pancakes
6 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup cottage cheese
could add blueberries or fruit if you want but makes for higher carbs.

Blend all these in blender/food processor. I add one packet of splenda... Then put on giddle I use olive oil so they don't stick.. and you ave high protien pancakes.. then I found low carb sugar free syrup.. Is called Vermont Sugar free low calorie syrup and made with splenda.. and only 4 grams of carbs per 1/4 cup... I am in heaven as I can't eat wheat or flour...

Cheat-o’s
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (frozen)(I am sure low fat could be used)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Put the frozen cheese in a food processor/blender and chop, until it's in tiny little pieces.

In a mixing bowl, blend the first three ingredients, at high speed, until whites form stiff peaks. Sprinkle the chopped cheese, on top of the egg whites. Then, with a teaspoon or a rubber spatula, fold the cheese into the egg whites, VERY CAREFULLY, being careful not to disturb the fluffy whites, but thoroughly spread the cheese, throughout.

Then, using the handle of a teaspoon not the spoon part), dip tiny little clouds of the mixture, and place on a cookie sheet. It helps to have two spoons...one to scrape the mixture off of the dipping spoon. I would suggest using a sheet of parchment baking paper, to line your pan, but if you don't...spray the pan, very well.

Lightly spray the tops of the puffs, with butter flavored cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle grated parmesan cheese, on top of each puff. Then, put another coat of buttery spray, on top of that.

Bake at 300 degrees, for 30 to 45 minutes. The longer you can bake them (without them getting too brown), the crispier they will be. For even crispier puffs, turn off the oven, and leave them in the oven for at least 30-minutes.

Store in a tightly sealed, air-tight container.

Last edited by greeneyes490; 06-26-2008 at 10:34 PM.
greeneyes490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here in the states, we can find DaVinci syrups in Wegman's and Walmart, and sometimes at TJ Maxx. I usually order mine from their website, though, where I can choose from a larger variety of the sugar free ones.

The recipes for the nuts and Cheatos are Phase 1 friendly, but the pancakes are Phase 2 because of the oatmeal and berries. Do you happen to know the servings of each of these?
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #3  
TimeForChange

I am sorry I don't know the servings for these.......I will try to find them again and post if they are listed....

I am going to our walmart today so hopefully they will have the davinci syrups there.....but i doubt it ......
Old 06-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #4  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Greeneyes...that sweet nuts recipe sounds really good, but I'm afraid to try it as I know I won't be able to limit myself to 1 serving size with that recipe. (the flesh is weak lol)

I came across that cheat-os recipe on one of the low carb websites. I definetly want to try that next week after our heat wave will be over and can use the oven again. If you try it, please let us know how it comes out.

Thanks for the recipes!
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #5  
TimeForChange

JerseyGirrl....I was going to say the same thing ......if you or anyone else tries it let me know ......I love cheetos so this would be great if it tastes good ......
Old 06-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Greeneyes, check out The Second Cup or St Cinnamon. They use SF syrups and may be able to sell you a bottle. I know I got mine at the Second Cup in Brockville. Maybe Starbucks? I've never seen it in a grocery store - yet.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote