Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you ever been on public or cable TV?
Yes, on the news (Local or National) 8 21.62%
Yes, on a talk show (Springer, Oprah) 1 2.70%
Yes, on a game show (Price is Right, WOF, Survivor) 0 0%
Yes, on a reality show (20/20, Prime Time, Antiques Road Show) 0 0%
Yes, as an actor with a speaking part in a show (Series, Soap Opera, etc) 0 0%
Yes, but as an extra, in the background (no speaking part) 1 2.70%
Yes, on the Playboy Channel (please explain!) 0 0%
Yes, on a talent show (Star Search, Gong Show) 0 0%
Yes, but something you failed to cover above 4 10.81%
No, I have yet to be discovered!!! 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 01:06 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/1-7/7

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please visit our NEW 2002 BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our APRIL/MAY/JUNE 2002-SECOND QUARTER RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=14779

We have NINE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!!

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

Want to post your weigh in results, we have a MONTHLY WEIGH IN BOARD at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=16593

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=17680

DO YOU HAVE A MONTHLY GOAL? Post your End of Month Goal on our new GOAL BOARD at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=16592

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001/2002 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=7954

Visit our monthly FOOD FOR THOUGHT BOARD were you can post a daily menu and see other board members menus!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=14780

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 07-01-2002, 01:12 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, I really liked the message this one gives:

FINISH STRONG

The person who wins the race does not slow down, but speeds up, when nearing the end. When the challenges become more difficult, the winning response is to become more determined.

Achievement belongs to those who finish strong. Achievement comes to those who give one hundred percent of the effort required, all the way to the finish line.

What does it take to finish strong? It takes commitment and a positive sense of purpose every step of the way. Many people start strong, with lots of enthusiasm. Yet their own complaints and doubts along the way drain them, so that there's nothing left as they're nearing the goal.

Winners finish strong because they value and appreciate the opportunity to make the effort. Winners finish strong because they carry a strong sense of positive purpose all the way to the finish line.

Start strong, stay strong, and finish strong by always remembering why you're doing it in the first place.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-01-2002, 01:25 AM   #3  

We have 2 BIRTHDAYS TO CELEBRATE THIS MONTH!!!!!

TONI'S BIRTHDAY IS JULY 10th

MARIE'S BIRTHDAY IS JULY 14th

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH THIS MONTH!

Old 07-01-2002, 06:37 AM   #4  

Default Happy CANADA DAY!!

A special greeting to the fellow Canadians of the board who are celebrating Canada Day today..have fun!

My parents left early this morning and things should get back into order now. We are going to a historical settlement today called King's Landing to end our vacation.

I still haven't weighed in and am leaving that for tomorrow. I want to start back right and I think that today may present too many temptations. In any case, I am looking forward to some order and control in my eating.

ROSALIE- That is the video I am talking about...by Leslie Sansone. They are new into the Superstores and are packaged into 3 different ones under the title *Walk Away the Pounds* but with subtitles of 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile. Thanks for the review because I will keep all three of them.

KIMMYTHEKID- I didn't read up on the week I missed so forgive me. Just wanted to see how you are doing and if you are hanging in there. My Dad was very talkative and expressed a clear desire to be saved but didn't actually get redeemed yet..we are really praying for him. It was a wonderful time with our kids and my parents, a true blessing. Thanks for praying.

I will have to catch up by just starting with this new weeks posts. I couldn't even find the posts for last week until I found the link that someone, I forget who, posted under something else. I will get used to it though once I figure it out! Have a great day!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:40 AM   #5  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking 195 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!

I'm with Gracious. I'm going to start from scratch this week and hope to be able to keep up this time.

Neo spent his first night at home last night. We have the crate in the bedroom and a sheepskin bean bag type bed in the living room. He's totally made himself at home in both of them. Being only 9 weeks old he plays HARD for about 30-45 minutes and then sleeps for about an hour. We're still learning which looks are just checking out the new pad and which ones are looking for a place to piddle. Giving the Febreeze a run for it's money. Meister had to work today. I'm working from home (puppy leave for a few days) so I stayed in the room with him. He would whine every hour or so but then calm back down and go back to sleep. I'm hoping he'll whine less tonight so Mom can get some sleep. He's just adorable and really learning his way around.

We go on vacation in 2 weeks and the breeder will have him back for a week while we're gone. Then we close on the house when we get back and start packing stuff up to move it down 3 houses.

195 DAYS TILL THE WDW HALF MARATHON!!!!

I was pathetic this week-end. Between puppy visits and house hunting my training has been sporatic at best. I did walk myh 3.7 miles on Thursday and tried to do the loop twice for 7.4 miles, but could barely make it around once! I had to stop and rest at one point. That's not going to cut it if I'm going to have the speed I need to be able to finish the race.

FROG, MEL, DEBBIE....How are y'all coming with your training??? DEBBIE, how's the weight trianing? I'll be that's really helped tone things up for you!

Well, I've got to run. Nap time is up and we have to go outside.

have a great day everyone!!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:55 AM   #6  

Hi ladies,

I'm heading to my treadmill in a few minutes. Too hot outside to walk. Heading to the grocery store later, after I drop 2 of my kids off at a summer track program. Going to 2 fourth of July parties and need to start thinking of what to bring.

Great motivational message and so true.

Happy Canada Day to the Canadian ladies.

Solshine-I had to go back and reread your post because I thought you were talking about a child!! Silly me. It takes me awhile to catch on. Neo saounds cute.

Keep cool today everyone.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:26 AM   #7  
Goddess

Thumbs down Monday morning

Good morning everyone!

I liked the poll this week--I can't wait to hear of everyone's media adventures. I checked other because I've done a lot of local PBS/public affairs talk shows regarding politics--which is not exactly news. I was also on the news just last week. When my niece and I were in New York last year we were on Good Morning America (studio audience--a former student works for GMA). I've also done some political talk shows for NPR.

OK that was WAY more than you wanted to know! I would love to hear everyone else's adventures--good question Deb!

Went to the store yesterday to stock up on good healthy foods--something I haven't done for a while. All food in the house is SB acceptable! Now as long as I don't have to leave the house I should be just fine.

I can't believe it is July already--wow. I haven't done one single summer thing yet--no cookouts (will do on Thursday). no swimming, no beach, no vacation. Oh well, I will get to the beach later this month when I go on vacation.

How is everyone doing? I haven't had a chance to check yesterday's board to see the final posts for the week. Will do so later and try to get back on.

Have a good day everyone--remember today is all you need. Let's all of us try to not worry about tomorrow--today is quaite enough!

Susan
300/2??/150
Old 07-01-2002, 11:41 AM   #8  
Child of God

Default Hi Everyone!

What an awesome week and weekend I had! First of all, I went to see Billy Graham 3 times. I can not come close to putting it into words about how moving it was. One night was a youth night and a concert. The others were regular w/ short concerts. I could go on and on...but I won't.
I also spent a lot of time w/ some neat kids that are pretty new to our church, and that was a blessing.

Weight wise, I sweated so much Fri, Sat, and Sun, I have actually lost a pound. All the walking to and from and in the Billy Graham, it is no wonder. I have found some other pretzles that I love but they are not really op...but I am totally addicted. They are made w/ honey, but has 2 grams per serving of sugar....so not too bad. Also they are Snyders organic.

Gracious....
So glad to hear about your time w/ kids and parents. sounds like you had a really nice time! Glad to hear your dad is asking...keep on praying....I will. I am doing well....did you go into your profile and change the private message setting? If not, do so. There is more I would love to share w/ you.

You know I was totally lost Saturday trying to find this place and post. I like the set up better. I have never been on tv but was in a magazine with a rock band when I was 16. A group called Quiet Riot. I was in the center fold....WITH CLOTHES ON!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 07-01-2002, 01:45 PM   #9  

Hello!

It is always nice to start the week off with a good, inspirational message. Thanks Deb, for all the time you put into it. Is there someone that helps you with the board or do you get all the credit for such a good job?

I'm going to get caught up with some posts from the weekend before I start with the new week, so..........

BOB, that was a great idea about using the paper towel on the grill to help with the clean up. I tried it last night and it sure made a difference. Thanks for the tip! WOW, some wild dreams you've been having. Now I am curious about the one you can't tell me about. Guess I will just have to use my vivid imagination.
Have you seen The Majestic yet? Tranquil and I tried to watch it Saturday night, however, it was either slow and boring or else we were too distracted with trying to put together the cage for the Guinea Pigs. I may need to try to watch it again before returning it to the video store.

Debbie, I love the idea of a slumber party! What fun that would be! Maybe we can plan a visit before school starts here again, which is August 7. It is easier for me to plan to get away when my daughter is out of school. Hope the problems with the new store get worked out soon. The idea of BOB coming for a visit at the same time and stirring up some trouble sounds like a great time to me

Quilter, I was actually talking about carrying a small porta potty strapped to me like a backpack, however, Tranquil would disown knowing me for some reason if I did that. I don't like using the depends, although I have at times as my doctor says my bladder has spasms for some weird reason You asked if Tranquil and I knew each other before SB. We met about two years ago when I "cat tested" her greyhound, Fluffy, before she adopted her. I used to do a lot of volunteer work for our local Greyhounds as Pets group, known as GAP. One of my many jobs was to bring grehounds home to spend the night to see if they were friendly or aggressive towards cats. My two felines were more than happy to help with the testing It is something that many people need to know before bringing a greyhound into their home. After all, the hounds are trained to chase furry little things that run. Anyway, she adopted Fluffy and I have 3 greyhounds of my own. We have become the best of friends since that time and are lucky enough to get to do lots of things together. We started SB at the same time, however, she joined the board before I did as I was a little timid about doing so. So, now that I've given you more info than you probably wanted to know, that is our story! How is the painting coming along? I can't wait to get started on my house.

Solshine, the new puppy sounds adorable. It must be a lot like having a new baby in the house. Did you pick the name "Neo" and does it have any particual meaning? Or, is it meant to be the prefix that means recent or new?

Fillise, sounds like you've had some very interesting media adventures. You must come in contact with a lot of unique people with being involved in politics. How long have you been a consultant? My media adventures have been very short and not too interesting. When I was a kid, there was a local morning cartoon show with Bozo the clown. The show had groups of kids on live each morning and my elementary school class went once. Everyone got introduced by saying their own name. Woohoo! The other time I was at our local PBS station for their yearly fund raising event. Our Greyhouds as Pets volunteers were taking phone calls for pledges and we were shown on TV briefly. So much for my few minutes of fame.

Gracious, Happy Canada Day to you and anyone else from there!

gymnut, I'm with you on using the treadmill inside. I don't have one at home but my gym is just down the street from me. Much too humid to be out in this Florida heat, plus we have been having a lot of rain lately.

Kimmytk, glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time at the Billy Graham Crusades. I wish I could find some of those good pretzels that so many of you speak of.

Well, I think I am caught up for now. Hi there to everyone else that I haven't posted to yet.

Take care,
Wendy
Old 07-01-2002, 01:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

CHELE429 - I just saw ur pic u posted on the BIO board- you and I could pass for sisters! I have very similar features and have almost the same shade of red hair,length, and style. I just thought it was kinda cool....
Old 07-01-2002, 02:07 PM   #11  
Wannabe skinny babe

Default Hi!

I'm holding my breath until Wednesday at 5 pm! Whew! I'm in for another craaaaaaaaaazy week (although short, since I'm off Thursday and Friday). We're launching the new area of the website in two weeks. Aaaargh!

Just thought I'd do a quick check-in. My weight's hovering at barely above the 180 mark on the scale - I'm hoping I can get it to drop below by WIW. Especially because DAN got on the stupid scale yesterday and said, "Hey honey, I'm at 179!" So that's 22 lbs. he's lost, without even trying.

I've made the appt. to cut my hair short on Friday morning, so wish me luck! I'll see if I can get a "before" and "after" shot to post for you guys.

Gotta run - back to the grindstone.

Hugs,

Jenn
Old 07-01-2002, 02:19 PM   #12  

Happy Monday everybody (and boy is it ever!).

Deb, get me to the dungeon, quick! Friday night, hubbie wanted catfish. Not too awful, you say. Ah but you forget about the wonderful hushpuppies that this place makes. Then Saturday, there was the Mexican food, chips, margaritas. Yikes! Yesterday was much better. Made whole wheat pancakes from scratch and did burgers on the grill for dinner. Just used half of a bun (legal).
I did manage to work out yesterday and Saturday and I've been piling on the water today.

Jordan got home Saturday. He had a terrific time. If there were any doubt about him joining the Marines, next year, this cinched it. I'm so proud of him but already scared to death.

Let me add my two cents on the new board format. It's great! I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to post where. What are we supposed to be using the "off the beaten path" board for? Sorry I'm easily confused.

I didn't know this was Canada Day. What is that by the way? Happy Canada Day. Also, what's everyone on this side of the border doing on the 4th? We're going to a minor league baseball game. After the game, they do fireworks. It's always a lot of fun.

Gotta run. Have a great day everyone!

Trish
Old 07-01-2002, 03:41 PM   #13  

Default Happy Canada Day!

Good afternoon,
Nice to hear from everyone. Day 2 of legality. No problems so far except dh whining. TELL ME I DIDN'T WHINE......LIE IF YOU HAVE TO. Anyway, I'm determined to be patient & long suffering. He had legal spaghetti, peanuts, & even made homemade bread for him. I told him to give it a week before making any judgements.
He is missing his Pepsi today.
Bob-yes, back for good. The fat & muscle picture was gross!!!!!
Marie-thanks. You find the best food to eat. I am happy and have learned just how unpleasant whining about dieting can be to listen to. So sorry all.
Sol-1/2 marathon! You go girl. Sounds like you'll not be alone either.
Well, have a good day. Check in tomorrow.
Love, Ally ('fly)
How serious do you think the July 4th threats are? The bases around here are on their highest level alert today.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:59 PM   #14  

Hi all!

Well I did it again, posted once last week, and disappeared.

Anyway, the mouth is still tender, but no more pain pills, and no more dentist visits. Yay! My only fear is that they will grow back! I have a friend who had 2 wisdom teeth grow back after extraction! She didn't take them out a second time.

Here's the MILK article from Reader's Digest:

"... Michael Zamel, chairman of the nutrition department at the Univ. of Tennessee in Knoxville. He's found that milk turns down the tendency of your fat cells to store the day's calories, and increases the amount frittered away as heat. A hard cheese like cheddar will do the same thing, as will yogurt, event the full-fat variety. ...Zemel arranged for some volunteers to get lenty of dairy and others to avoid the stuff for the sole purpose of monitoring their weight loss. He put 32 people, each with lots of weight to lose, on a diet. Nutritionists helped them cut ~500 calories from their daily meals. Some were asked to eat 3-4 servings of dairy daily. After 6 months all the dieters had lost weight. But those who added dairy lost more wieght than the others - 70% more. They shed an average of 19#, compared with 11# in the control group. What's more, the high-dairy group lost 64% more body fat than the other group did, trading flab for lean body mass. And the fat they shed came primarily from around their middle, the kind that's most dangerous to the heart....

It goes on to say that just taking Calcium supplements doesn't provide the same results as consuming dairy products. This group still they lost more than the control group, but not as much as the group consuming dairy. Zemel suggests 4 servings a day of milk, yogurt, or cheese...

Re: the poll - If you look in the bar scene of "Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man" w/ Mickey Rourke, and Don Johnson, you'll see an UNDERAGED Tree selected as an extra in the bar. I've got one of those cool black leather motorcycle hats on. There was a clip where I gave Don Johnson a high five, but it didn't make it into the film.

Well, back to work.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:10 PM   #15  
Little Engine That Could

Hey, I like the new
SB section on 3FC. We've come up in the world: our own section!!

Whats that little quick reply thingy down at the bottom of this page. Is that when you just have a sentence or 2 to post and don't want to go to a separate posting page?

Sol--are you moving to a house on your same street? It sounded like it was just 3 doors down. Were you renting before and now have bought? Let me know. That's cool if so.

We also bought a house today. We are helping our daughter because she earns so little that she can only afford about $500 per month for house pmts. So, we are helping her buy a house and found a really cute 2 bedroom, 1 bath place in Orlando. Boy, houses sure have gone up in price since the last time I bought one (30 years ago!).

Hope every one has a great week of losing.
Closed Thread